Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christening of Prince Gabriel - December 1, 2017  (Read 49024 times)
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: December 04, 2017, 02:47:33 PM »

Official photos - where you can barely see Gabriel's face...

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 02:55:44 PM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #316 on: December 04, 2017, 02:51:27 PM »

I think Alex wanted his nanny. Which is cute - and telling. CP and Sofia do very, very little supposedly because they’re hands-on parents. Sure. With a nanny Alex is clearly very attached to Beer

Poor Oscar looks quite uncomfortable and Chris looks like he’s doing Hail Mary’s, trying to ignore the circus around him.
Vic looks amazing (you just have to love the so-called fashion expert who said she looked like Mrs Santa Roll Eyes ). Madde looks exclusive and very Her. Not a fan of the coat at all but it is very her. Given her friendship with Mr. Valentino I doubt she paid full price for her outfit.

Actually I think Alexander looks really comfortable-with/attached-to both CP and the nanny. I remember at Victoria's birthday it was CP who was kneeled down on the floor to play with him and even yesterday Alexander seemed to like to be with his father. On the contrary I noticed that he barely looked at Sofia during the whole ceremony. With the exception of the kiss outside the church I did not see interaction between him and his mother. JMO Smiley

I think you missed my point Smiley Much is spoken about how hands-on they are and it's used as an excuse for them not working very much. Yet they have a nanny which Alex is clearly quite attached to. Meaning they're getting plenty of help parenting so that's not what's keeping them from working. No where am I writing that they're not involved with the kids Wink
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: December 04, 2017, 03:44:50 PM »

I like the bright light of the photos Smiley

I think Alex wanted his nanny. Which is cute - and telling. CP and Sofia do very, very little supposedly because they’re hands-on parents. Sure. With a nanny Alex is clearly very attached to Beer

Poor Oscar looks quite uncomfortable and Chris looks like he’s doing Hail Mary’s, trying to ignore the circus around him.
Vic looks amazing (you just have to love the so-called fashion expert who said she looked like Mrs Santa Roll Eyes ). Madde looks exclusive and very Her. Not a fan of the coat at all but it is very her. Given her friendship with Mr. Valentino I doubt she paid full price for her outfit.

Actually I think Alexander looks really comfortable-with/attached-to both CP and the nanny. I remember at Victoria's birthday it was CP who was kneeled down on the floor to play with him and even yesterday Alexander seemed to like to be with his father. On the contrary I noticed that he barely looked at Sofia during the whole ceremony. With the exception of the kiss outside the church I did not see interaction between him and his mother. JMO Smiley

I think you missed my point Smiley Much is spoken about how hands-on they are and it's used as an excuse for them not working very much. Yet they have a nanny which Alex is clearly quite attached to. Meaning they're getting plenty of help parenting so that's not what's keeping them from working. No where am I writing that they're not involved with the kids Wink

Sorry I misunderstood your previous post. Blush

Agree Arturo. He seems to love his Daddy, and his nanny. Sofia not so much.

Beer Star

Aubiette

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: December 04, 2017, 03:45:25 PM »

Madelines dress is hideous but at least she took the dead baby animals off for the photo. The ruffles on the left are bad too. I don't mind the green dress but too low cut for the day. Vic's outfit is nice and I'm a sucker for red. Alex is adorable as usual but time for a haircut.
Rebecca

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: December 04, 2017, 03:56:05 PM »

Official photos - where you can barely see Gabriel's face...

At least the tattoo wasn't visible in the pictures... Crazy
Antevorta

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: December 04, 2017, 05:11:15 PM »

There was no interaction at all between Hoefia and Alex.  And like she did at the first christening, Hoefia would not let CP hold the baby for even a minute. Roll Eyes  Guess she wasn't willing to sacrifice the camera time.

This.   Star

However, the devotion that I saw in CP towards Alex was extremely heartwarming.  I also  loved Alex waving to the people; he looked so very excited!  Alex's generally happy demeanor at least speaks to the fact that someone in his life is doing right by him.  That makes me happy.  From what I could see of baby Gabriel, he has more Bernadotte in him than Alex.  As I find Alex to be the male look alike of Sofia, at least Gabe has the Bernadotte look going for him.  All in all, this christening was...odd, to say the least.

As for Madeleine and her controversy: While I deplore any type of real fur as clothes, I honestly doubt that she knows/knew what that coat was made of.  I still side eye though for making the choice to wear real fur in any capacity.  I also doubt she paid anywhere near the true cost of that coat as she remains very close friends with Valentino himself.  I actually would not be surprised if she receives clothes as gifts either.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: December 04, 2017, 06:46:45 PM »

If the photographer had the guts to tell Sara to stick her hand behind her back not to show the ugly tattoo, then I applaud the photog! 

This photo would have looked better if Ma Hellqvist was placed behind Snakey and we would've been spared from looking at her ill-fitting dress...  Roll Eyes Then again that wouldn't have helped since Pa Hellqvist is wearing a coat with too short sleeves...  Crazy

I'm pretty sure a traditional costume is not meant to be so tight that it's bursting at the front (I mean literally only held together by the ribbon about to snap). The whole Hellqvist family is a mess! And why not a single picture where you can see Gabe's face?!

Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: December 04, 2017, 08:46:12 PM »

They photoshopped the crap out of Ssss, and I'm so, so tired of the over-washed out look that's the trend. Stop it, photographers.

Gorgeon

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: December 04, 2017, 11:13:40 PM »

Hello... first time posting, but long time follower of RD!

I‘ve debated long and hard whether I should post my comment/observation and I sincerely hope that it will be taken simply as an observation based on my personal experience.

Perhaps the reason there haven’t been any clear pics of Prince Gabriel is because he was born with a disability and his family is trying to keep this information contained privately for the time being?  The closest we have been able to see his face is in the pics where he has his binky in his mouth, and he appears to smiling at his mother.    In those pics, his eyes reminded me of my sweet cousin who was born with Down Syndrome. 

Again, this is simply speculation on my part, and no matter what the reason is that they have chosen to keep his identity more private, I wish little Prince Gabriel a long and happy life, as any new baby deserves ❤️.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: December 05, 2017, 12:36:21 AM »

Hello... first time posting, but long time follower of RD!

I‘ve debated long and hard whether I should post my comment/observation and I sincerely hope that it will be taken simply as an observation based on my personal experience.

Perhaps the reason there haven’t been any clear pics of Prince Gabriel is because he was born with a disability and his family is trying to keep this information contained privately for the time being?  The closest we have been able to see his face is in the pics where he has his binky in his mouth, and he appears to smiling at his mother.    In those pics, his eyes reminded me of my sweet cousin who was born with Down Syndrome. 

Again, this is simply speculation on my part, and no matter what the reason is that they have chosen to keep his identity more private, I wish little Prince Gabriel a long and happy life, as any new baby deserves ❤️.

Welcome!  Star  That's crossed the minds of several people here too.  Anything is possible.  Although, with Alex, they didn't show much of him for his first few months either.  I think we saw so much of him at his christening because he was older and was able to sit up during his big day.  I guess we'll know as time goes by.
KimmySue

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: December 05, 2017, 01:22:24 AM »

I, too, wish we could see more of his face. It seems to me that they released a lot more photos of Alex at his christening, but maybe I am not remembering correctly.

I am so confused about the outfit Sofia is wearing. If this was tradition for all christenings it would make sense, but it isn't, so she just looks nuts.

Vic looks fabulous!
Mary Stuart

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: December 05, 2017, 01:42:42 AM »

Goregon

If that is true, I hope they treat him like any other royal child (show him off, balcony event etc) . There is a HUGE stigma about kids with down syndrome and Sofia and Carl Philip could do some good in this area. People with down syndrome can live great lives. My 26 y/o sister in law has down syndrome. She lives with her parents but she has a job at a restaurant, friends and a romantic interest.

If they are embarrassed of his stork bite- I think its cute and it will go away when he is about 1.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 01:47:53 AM by Mary Stuart » Logged

Rebecca

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: December 05, 2017, 02:14:24 AM »

It would be a seconds work to retouch out the stork bite, so IMO there must be another reason. I don't know enough to speculate on any medical conditions, but I hope we see lots more of Gabriel in the future. I agree with others about Alex's hair needing a trim, I know some people like to wait until a child is much older for their first haircut, but I think he would've looked much cuter with a nice, tidy hairstyle.
perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2017, 02:25:53 AM »

If the photographer had the guts to tell Sara to stick her hand behind her back not to show the ugly tattoo, then I applaud the photog! 

This photo would have looked better if Ma Hellqvist was placed behind Snakey and we would've been spared from looking at her ill-fitting dress...  Roll Eyes Then again that wouldn't have helped since Pa Hellqvist is wearing a coat with too short sleeves...  Crazy

I'm pretty sure a traditional costume is not meant to be so tight that it's bursting at the front (I mean literally only held together by the ribbon about to snap). The whole Hellqvist family is a mess! And why not a single picture where you can see Gabe's face?!

I do appreciate how Silvia has dressed in such a way as to disappear against the walls.  "Not here, you can't see me, I was never here..."
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2017, 02:29:31 AM »

I dont think he has a disability, but a port wine birth mark on his forehead, which was very evident in his first photos. And whoever talked Slitzerella into the national costume...I'm sure it went like " Well you know, in all the best aristocratic families, this is what we wear to christenings" well played to you! And Ma Hellqvist, step away from the buffet, or buy 3 sizes larger.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:35:39 AM by Duchess of Verona » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: