Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christening of Prince Gabriel - December 1, 2017  (Read 49019 times)
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: December 07, 2017, 04:22:05 PM »

Star for you, Aubiette. I thought I was the only one here who doesn't like Madeleine. For me she lost the tiny rest of sympathy when she insisted on or at least didn't refuse titles for her kids. What a slap into her husband's face! Is Chris' name not good enough for her children? And all the fuss about their place in the succession line... She must be utterly delusional not to realize that without Victoria monarchy in Sweden will end immediately. She should have taken Aunt Christina andML of Norway as example who gave up their HRH with the wedding and turned into private citizens.

Star
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: December 07, 2017, 04:32:00 PM »

At the time when Leonore was born, she was needed as the spare. I believe thatís why Madeleineís children are titled.

Antevorta  Star

Re the coat. I have never heard anything suggesting that Madeleine was cold or insensitive (that she has chosen to dedicate herself to Childhood tells me that she has a kind heart). Personally, I have never heard of this material before so Iíll give Madeleine the benefit of the doubt and guess that chances are she had no idea when she chose to wear it.

That said, itís horrible that materials like that are being used and whoever made that coat should be put on trial for animal cruelty. Maybe Iím naive but I think itís the responsibility of the lawmakers to have this practice stopped.

Star
DejaVu

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: December 07, 2017, 06:46:32 PM »

Madeleine is a public person and she was attending an official event. She should be aware a bit more than us average people of the (medial) effect of her attire or attitude.

In which world does she live? Nowadays nearly everybody is aware in which horrible ways those furs are attained - and so could Madeleine. Other than in the past we do not need furs to keep us warm.

My grandfather was a furrier himself. He never made Ąfashionableď things. One bought a coat and when it turned out to be too out-of-time then it would be modified or split up into pieces and made into something new. So, I am not entirely against the tailoring of furs into clothes since I appreciate (old) crafts very much.

I somehow like Madelineís coat, itís kind of special, and maybe  itís despite of its colouring a piece for lifetime which she can still wear in her fifties, sixties etc.

But altogether she appears like a spoilt woman whose vanity got the upper hand about appropriateness, reason and empathy. She is an idiot. I still like her - but an idiot she is.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: December 07, 2017, 07:02:01 PM »

The royal houses have fur coats to cover the walls with, there seems to be no need to buy a new one. Sure this one is fashionably baby pink, but that doesn't make it warmer.
I am torn, I can't really fathom that Valentino is making Astrakhan coats today. The anti-fur movement is too strong and too many celebs have not only already spoken out against fur, but would fear the public backlash that wearing fur would surely bring.
Since the coat is new I was actually really hoping that someone would announce it to be an excellent fake. Such a fake in candy colours would be very popular, considering that fake-fur trimmings on winter coats and hats are all the rage right now...
Madeleine has been so outspoken in her work for "a better world" for children etc, I can't believe that she would wear a coat of a baby lamb that had been brutally slaughtered at or shortly before birth, killing the mother too. I mean, heavens, Made is pregnant right now...
If this is indeed new Astrakhan I am back at calling her Mad-Elaine.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Rebecca

Warned
Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: December 07, 2017, 07:05:07 PM »

Madeleine is a public person and she was attending an official event. She should be aware a bit more than us average people of the (medial) effect of her attire or attitude.

In which world does she live? Nowadays nearly everybody is aware in which horrible ways those furs are attained - and so could Madeleine. Other than in the past we do not need furs to keep us warm.

My grandfather was a furrier himself. He never made Ąfashionableď things. One bought a coat and when it turned out to be too out-of-time then it would be modified or split up into pieces and made into something new. So, I am not entirely against the tailoring of furs into clothes since I appreciate (old) crafts very much.

I somehow like Madelineís coat, itís kind of special, and maybe  itís despite of its colouring a piece for lifetime which she can still wear in her fifties, sixties etc.

But altogether she appears like a spoilt woman whose vanity got the upper hand about appropriateness, reason and empathy. She is an idiot. I still like her - but an idiot she is.

Are we completely certain that it was a real fur coat?
DejaVu

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: December 07, 2017, 07:29:38 PM »

Valentino does this:

Dyed mink fur. Allover embellished Japanese butterfly appliqué. Blue.   Whistle

Seems like mocking the minks - and the butterflies. If I ever met a woman wearing THIS coat I would forget my education, the law - just everything - and whack her. Vigorously!

Sorry, for going OT. But I never thought  this kind of BS would be possible.  Dead

Some other disher upthread found Madde's coat. This is the information:

Pink Persian lambfur cutaway collar coat from Valentino featuring a concealed front fastening, front flap pockets and three-quarter length sleeves. Color: Pink/Purple. Gender: Female. Age Group: Adult. Material: Persian Lamb Fur/Lamb Fur.

https://www.polyvore.com/...&utm_campaign=default

*At least they abstain to stuff their children into this kind of gruelling garments.

Rebecca

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: December 07, 2017, 07:37:45 PM »

Thanks for posting the link, I didn't see it earlier in the thread.. So if I was buying a real fur coat (I wouldn't) I would go for a classic style and color. I would think she might look back on this coat in 30 yrs and think WTF was I thinking.. unfortunately the poor lambs still died for this disgusting coat... Shocked
Aubiette

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: December 07, 2017, 08:14:09 PM »

http://royalcentral.co.uk...for-clothing-choice-92784

Older lamb fur. Yeah ok...
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: December 07, 2017, 08:40:46 PM »

Yes, she made a stupid mistake.  I don't know what people expect of her.  If she continues to buy these coats, we'll know for sure that she's a truly horrible person.  Until then, I don't know what everybody wants from her.  A statement?  It still won't erase the fact that she bought the coat. 

Mary of DK and Marge of DK also wear astrakhan all the time.  I don't recall people calling for their heads over it.  Whistle
Rebecca

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: December 07, 2017, 08:44:38 PM »

Aren't the ones that Marge has older though? That makes a difference, IMO. No it is still not great, but at least she is not out now buying new fur coats. I am still learning about Mary so I don't have any idea about her fur coats.
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: December 07, 2017, 08:46:57 PM »

Yes, she made a stupid mistake.  I don't know what people expect of her.  If she continues to buy these coats, we'll know for sure that she's a truly horrible person.  Until then, I don't know what everybody wants from her.  A statement?  It still won't erase the fact that she bought the coat. 

Mary of DK and Marge of DK also wear astrakhan all the time.  I don't recall people calling for their heads over it.  Whistle

I guess I just expected more from Madde. From Mary ... not so much. In a strange way I feel let down by Madeleine. How could she do such a stupid thing? I know it is a ridiculous thing to say, but it's how I feel.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: December 07, 2017, 08:48:48 PM »

Aren't the ones that Marge has older though? That makes a difference, IMO. No it is still not great, but at least she is not out now buying new fur coats. I am still learning about Mary so I don't have any idea about her fur coats.

Define older.  She and Mosh have both purchased them in recent years; Mosh has two of them and both were purchased post 2004.  I personally have a mink coat and a mink stole that I inherited from a family member who purchased the coat in the 1950s and the stole in the 1960s.  I consider those to be older.  Anybody who has purchased something like that from 2000-on, IMO, should know better.  The Danes have an entire wardrobe of fur and new pieces are added each year, it seems.  Same for Silvia.  
Rebecca

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: December 07, 2017, 08:51:02 PM »

Define older.  She and Mosh have both purchased them in recent years; Mosh has two of them and both were purchased post 2004.  I personally have a mink coat and a mink stole that I inherited from a family member who purchased the coat in the 1950s and the stole in the 1960s.  I consider those to be older.  Anybody who has purchased something like that from 2000-on, IMO, should know better.  The Danes have an entire wardrobe of fur and new pieces are added each year, it seems.  Same for Silvia. 

I agree.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: December 07, 2017, 08:57:41 PM »

I guess I just expected more from Madde. From Mary ... not so much. In a strange way I feel let down by Madeleine. How could she do such a stupid thing? I know it is a ridiculous thing to say, but it's how I feel.

It's not ridiculous.  I agree with you and I think this type of fur should be banned entirely.  I just don't think we'll ever see her not wearing fur, sadly. 
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Big Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: December 07, 2017, 09:09:39 PM »

The royal houses have fur coats to cover the walls with, there seems to be no need to buy a new one. Sure this one is fashionably baby pink, but that doesn't make it warmer.
I am torn, I can't really fathom that Valentino is making Astrakhan coats today. The anti-fur movement is too strong and too many celebs have not only already spoken out against fur, but would fear the public backlash that wearing fur would surely bring.
Since the coat is new I was actually really hoping that someone would announce it to be an excellent fake. Such a fake in candy colours would be very popular, considering that fake-fur trimmings on winter coats and hats are all the rage right now...
Madeleine has been so outspoken in her work for "a better world" for children etc, I can't believe that she would wear a coat of a baby lamb that had been brutally slaughtered at or shortly before birth, killing the mother too. I mean, heavens, Made is pregnant right now...
If this is indeed new Astrakhan I am back at calling her Mad-Elaine.

I am also shocked that a designer would use real fur today, more so when you see something thatís made through that process.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: