Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christening of Prince Gabriel - December 1, 2017  (Read 57293 times)
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: December 08, 2017, 12:37:11 AM »

So at the risk of being flamed...I am assuming that everyone harping on M wearing fur, never wears leather or suede, including shoes.
DejaVu

Warned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: December 08, 2017, 03:08:47 AM »

You will not be flamed, Duchess.  Smiley

I do wear leather (shoes, bags, two jackets). And I am not a vegetarian at all. But I try to live consciously and to learn about the origin and production of the goods I consume.

As stated above I will not condemn people who craft furs (or leather) into clothing or people who wear these garments. However, I believe the creatures that supply us with their meat and skins should be treated with respect and they should suffer as little as possible. If you take a look at the Valentino butterfly mink coat that I posted on the previous page: a garment like this does not show any respect towards the once living creatures that had to give their skins for such a piece of shit.

I highly appreciate the freedom of art (and any kind of craft that is considered as art). And there is no accounting for taste. But slaughtering animals to misuse their skins and turn them into ridiculous pieces of clothing that will not survive the next season seems to be such a waste and such a shame. And I consider the manufacturers, buyers and wearers of such clothings as entirely ignorant and useless. JMO.

With Madeleine's coat I sit on the fence. I think it's special but will be wearable longer than one season. It's not silly. I predict she will get it out of the closet again when she is in her sixties. At the christianing she looked like Doris Day , later on she will give us the Barbara Cartland   vibes  while wearing it. Good for her!  Thumb up

Résumé:
a) If you want to make clothes from animal skins - mind the dignity of the previous wearers AND the dignity of the wearers to be.

b) People who are in the public eye should IMO be a bit more aware what impression they give, especially members of a royal family. Madde's coat seems to whisper "Let them eat cake", very low but distinctly hearable. Which is an attitude I'd never relate to Madeleine, since she seems to be a kind person. And so my rant is more about other wearers of fur coats who are less likable than our sweet Madeleine.

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: December 08, 2017, 03:25:50 AM »

I feel it's horribly insensitive and out of touch in this day and age to spend five figures for a coat to begin with, then on top of it you make it out of lambs who aren't even given a chance to live. Makes Madde look vain and shallow in my eyes for the first time.

DejaVu Star Well said.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: December 08, 2017, 10:42:46 AM »

So at the risk of being flamed...I am assuming that everyone harping on M wearing fur, never wears leather or suede, including shoes.
No flaming either, since I think this is the dilemma we face: what life is more valuable? Is a cow or a pig less worthy than a dog or a cat? Or a jaguar? Why do we get up in arms and horror about some animals getting killed and turn around and bite into a bologna sandwich?
All I can say for myself, is (like deja vue): we need to eliminate carelessness and excess.
We don't need to kill a jaguar or cheetah for their fur, or an elephant for their teeth, or rhinos or whales for their potential aphrodisiacs, and we don't need to make the animals suffer horrifically by skinning them alive, throwing them into grinders alive or hacking off the one body part that we want and leave the animal to die a slow and agonizing death. "Harvesting" Astrakhan falls into the category of cruel and unnecessary IMO.
And yes Pixie: almost all royals are "guilty" of wearing fur...I have given up on some of them, but Madeleine simply disappointed me.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: December 08, 2017, 11:21:43 PM »

No flaming either, since I think this is the dilemma we face: what life is more valuable? Is a cow or a pig less worthy than a dog or a cat? Or a jaguar? Why do we get up in arms and horror about some animals getting killed and turn around and bite into a bologna sandwich?
All I can say for myself, is (like deja vue): we need to eliminate carelessness and excess.
We don't need to kill a jaguar or cheetah for their fur, or an elephant for their teeth, or rhinos or whales for their potential aphrodisiacs, and we don't need to make the animals suffer horrifically by skinning them alive, throwing them into grinders alive or hacking off the one body part that we want and leave the animal to die a slow and agonizing death. "Harvesting" Astrakhan falls into the category of cruel and unnecessary IMO.
And yes Pixie: almost all royals are "guilty" of wearing fur...I have given up on some of them, but Madeleine simply disappointed me.

Star
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: December 09, 2017, 11:42:22 PM »

Just saw this video.  Watch Hoefia completely ignore Silvia who is talking to her at 1:21.   Roll Eyes  I know she heard her because there wasn't any music playing or cannon fire.

https://www.youtube.com/w...HVA&feature=youtu.be/
Aubiette

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: December 10, 2017, 12:37:54 AM »

Just saw this video.  Watch Hoefia completely ignore Silvia who is talking to her at 1:21.   Roll Eyes  I know she heard her because there wasn't any music playing or cannon fire.

Alex is so cute waving and smiling. Such a happy little guy.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: December 10, 2017, 01:40:47 AM »

Just saw this video.  Watch Hoefia completely ignore Silvia who is talking to her at 1:21.   Roll Eyes  I know she heard her because there wasn't any music playing or cannon fire.

yup...snake just walks off Mrs Joker 's hand is still outstreched on Gabby's head and then she's left trailing beind snake and looking really nervous Dead

just luvvly Snare Crap

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: December 10, 2017, 01:44:55 AM »

Just saw this video.  Watch Hoefia completely ignore Silvia who is talking to her at 1:21.   Roll Eyes  I know she heard her because there wasn't any music playing or cannon fire.

yup...snake just walks off Mrs Joker 's hand is still outstreched on Gabby's head and then she's left trailing beind snake and looking really nervous Dead

just luvvly Snare Crap

G

Just proves that Hoefia is nothing but trash on the inside and out.  What a rude beeyotch.  Looks like that article turned out to be true regarding Hoefia and Silvia fighting about the christening.  Well done, Greaseball.  Great choice of partner you've made. She's not only rude to your sisters, she's also completely rude to your elderly mother  Roll Eyes
mgf87
Banned
Banned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: December 10, 2017, 01:19:40 PM »

I feel it's horribly insensitive and out of touch in this day and age to spend five figures for a coat to begin with, then on top of it you make it out of lambs who aren't even given a chance to live. Makes Madde look vain and shallow in my eyes for the first time.

DejaVu Star Well said.

I'm honestly not that surprised by Madeleine's choice. To me she has always been shallow and vain enough to think she actually looks good in that ridiculous expensive and ridiculous tout court coat. I doubt she cared about how fur is harvested and this is another of her PR faux pas.
I just hope is actually Chris the one who is paying because otherwise it would be a real scandal. And it would be at least an half explanation on why he looks always so exhausted.

About Sofia, I can't prove it but I have the strong impression that she may have chosen hes dress only after having learned of the Madeleine outfit to present herself as the humble and simple country girl compared to the spendthrift and upperclass princess Thinking
Astrid

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: December 10, 2017, 01:48:53 PM »

I don't mind people wearing fur. I mind fur, or leather, or meat being or eggs harvested with methods causing unnecessary suffering to the animals. Had she worn a sheepskin coat I would not even having noticed. But to wear a coat from fetal lamb to a christening seems to me the height of bad taste. And don't tell me she did not know. Karakul is not new on the scene, and these people wear fur habitually, they know where it comes from. My mother knew where her Karakul came from.

Fact is, there is hardly any fur around where the animals do not spend their lives in suffering and sickness before their lives end. The pregnant ewe at least probably spent her life on a field before she either got killed or had a miscarriage induced
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: December 10, 2017, 04:55:02 PM »

DejaVu Star Well said.

I'm honestly not that surprised by Madeleine's choice. To me she has always been shallow and vain enough to think she actually looks good in that ridiculous expensive and ridiculous tout court coat. I doubt she cared about how fur is harvested and this is another of her PR faux pas.
I just hope is actually Chris the one who is paying because otherwise it would be a real scandal. And it would be at least an half explanation on why he looks always so exhausted.

About Sofia, I can't prove it but I have the strong impression that she may have chosen hes dress only after having learned of the Madeleine outfit to present herself as the humble and simple country girl compared to the spendthrift and upperclass princess Thinking

I doubt he is working his fingers to the bone to buy Madde clothes.  He's got plenty of money and has had plenty of money for quite some time.  I'm certain he paid for this vile coat, and I doubt it was a financial hardship for him to do so.

I'm certain that Hoefia wore that outfit purely to upstage everybody else, including Madde, but since Hoefia is in a fur coat tonight at the Nobels, I doubt it was chosen purely because of Madde's coat.
Eve

Small Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: December 10, 2017, 05:04:20 PM »

I'm new here but wanted to give my thoughts on this matter of Madeleine in a fur coat.
I don't like e.g. mink stoles, because the minks are bred just for fur and killing them just for their silky fur sounds inhuman. Sheepskin is considered to be a bi product of an animal killed for meat. Like leather from a cow. People wear cow, goat etc. fur (leather). They have leather car seats. Right? It seem to be okay to make use of the skin of a food animal, so why is a hair-free (leather) legit but not the hair-on version?
I used to spend my summers in country with my grandparents and their neighbour raised sheeps. I saw that even despite good care of the female sheeps there were some stillborn lambs and ones that died within their first few days. Sad but it happens and farmers are not happy when something like this happens. Lots of the lamb pelts come from the lambs raised at the high mountainous regions in Central Asia, an area with very severe and unpredictable weather contribute to a high lamb die-off.
I like princess Madeleine. I like her a lot. I don't think she wanted to be cruel or deliberately hurt anyone with her choice of coat. I do not believe she or any other royal lady would support the indiscriminate killing of animals. No way! I want to believe that the furs the designers use are baby lambs that are also raised for food because if Valentino or some other designer used unethically obtained pelts, then if it were discovered out, that would be a big blow to their reputation. So they must better check the origins and assure that the animals were reared well and used responisbly. Besides as I am not a vegan, then condemning Madeleine would be like throwing stones in the glass house.
So to wear or not to wear fur? After all we have faux fur and faux leather now...yeah, petrochemicals and plastic factories, sounds so great for the environment, not.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: December 10, 2017, 05:08:33 PM »

I'm new here but wanted to give my thoughts on this matter of Madeleine in a fur coat.
I don't like e.g. mink stoles, because the minks are bred just for fur and killing them just for their silky fur sounds inhuman. Sheepskin is considered to be a bi product of an animal killed for meat. Like leather from a cow. People wear cow, goat etc. fur (leather). They have leather car seats. Right? It seem to be okay to make use of the skin of a food animal, so why is a hair-free (leather) legit but not the hair-on version?
I used to spend my summers in country with my grandparents and their neighbour raised sheeps. I saw that even despite good care of the female sheeps there were some stillborn lambs and ones that died within their first few days. Sad but it happens and farmers are not happy when something like this happens. Lots of the lamb pelts come from the lambs raised at the high mountainous regions in Central Asia, an area with very severe and unpredictable weather contribute to a high lamb die-off.
I like princess Madeleine. I like her a lot. I don't think she wanted to be cruel or deliberately hurt anyone with her choice of coat. I do not believe she or any other royal lady would support the indiscriminate killing of animals. No way! I want to believe that the furs the designers use are baby lambs that are also raised for food because if Valentino or some other designer used unethically obtained pelts, then if it were discovered out, that would be a big blow to their reputation. So they must better check the origins and assure that the animals were reared well and used responisbly. Besides as I am not a vegan, then condemning Madeleine would be like throwing stones in the glass house.
So to wear or not to wear fur? After all we have faux fur and faux leather now...yeah, petrochemicals and plastic factories, sounds so great for the environment, not.

Welcome, to RD, Eve!  Star 

You raise some very good points here. 
Eve

Small Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: December 10, 2017, 06:29:45 PM »

Thank you, pixiecat  Champagne  Star

After seeing so many fur coats today worn by Swedish royal ladies, i'm afraid that the animal rights organisation will blow a gasket   Blush
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: