Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christening of Prince Gabriel - December 1, 2017  (Read 74337 times)
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2017, 07:53:45 PM »

Does anyone know who the Asian chap is? I know he was CP's best man, too, but I've never been able to find out any information about him. He has the most exquisite cheekbones!
[/quote]

He is Jan-Ake Hansson.  He has been friends with CP since early on in their schooling.
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: December 01, 2017, 07:55:43 PM »

Madde’s shoes are great!

Little Estelle was so cute! Lovely to have her involved in the ceremony.

Chris look as bad as CP now...he was so handsome at his wedding. What is up with him?
IrishLass

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: December 01, 2017, 08:05:25 PM »

Does anyone know who the Asian chap is? I know he was CP's best man, too, but I've never been able to find out any information about him. He has the most exquisite cheekbones!

He is Jan-Ake Hansson.  He has been friends with CP since early on in their schooling.
[/quote]

Thank you so much, Antevorta!  Star The mystery is finally solved!
princessfeedme

Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: December 01, 2017, 08:06:43 PM »

Where were Madde's kids? I was looking forward to seeing their angelic faces.
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: December 01, 2017, 08:07:28 PM »

Margareta Thorgren said that Leonore and Nicolas were not at the christening because they are still in London.  The children were tired after a trip to the USA so they stayed in London.  Madeleine and Chris fly home to them tonight.   They'll be back for the Nobels and the children will be with them then.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: December 01, 2017, 08:09:34 PM »

Well, count me in the minority, but I loved Sofia's choice of national dress. And the color was very attractive on her. It was modest, and maternal.

I also loved Estelle's little embroidered boiled wool jacket. However, in the photos outside, she looked like she was cold, so maybe it wasn't warm enough for her.

The little knit suit has seen its best days, I think. Looked funky when Daddy wore it and, unlike so many of the other vintage kids' clothing that the Swedish royal family seems to pull out of the cedar chest for special days, this one looked badly made or maybe badly preserved. Perhaps it was hand-knit for CP by some elderly relative's ``loving hands at home'' and it was worn back then and got an encore presentation today in tribute to that relative.

Victoria? What can I say? She knocked it out of the park and to the moon and back. I would have ditched the stupid looking bow, but otherwise, her outfit was a mega-win.

The cut of Maddie's coat seemed all wrong and the fact that it may have been made from pink dyed fur? Horrid!!!!

Loved Estelle's participation in the ceremony, including blessing the water. It would seem that maybe she is being brought up with some religious education becasue she seemed to take this very seriously.

As always I loved the bishop's (or was he just a priest) obvious joy  in christening a child. Every time I see a royal Swedish or Norwegian christening, I am always struck by the fact that the celebrant is obviously a father or mother (or grandfather or grandmother) and is comfortable with and enjoys children. Rome take note: another argument for permitting a married clergy.

I do like ``Gabriel's Oboe.'' Wouldn't call it pop music exactly.   Ennior Morricone is a fairly distinguished composer and that particular composition has won critical kudos.  From my perspective, it was appropriate, and I generally get very sniffy about the Swedish Royal family's apparent love of pop music at church-related events. I don't think anyone in that family has particularly elevated musical tastes -- contrast that to Prince Charles, for example -- so, from my perspective, this was miles beyond what they usually choose.  
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: December 01, 2017, 08:12:00 PM »

her sister standing in a religious venue with a huge demonic tattoo for all to see, that is downright criminal in my book.

Do you know what the tattoo design is or what it means?  I couldn't figure it out.  In what way is it specifically demonic?  It was an uncomfortable sight.

It looks like a cross on one end and either an arrow or knife on the other end.  I have no idea regarding its meaning, but I do think it's beyond ugly. 

Agree that it is beyond ugly. I guess it's Taylor Momsen inspired. She has an album out with her band which uses this cross as artwork:

Given the title of that album (Going to Hell), we may pretty well assume that it's not really suitable for church ... or at all.
Or done in an artful way.

Imho, it looks like a coop tattoo.

If I were her, I had it covered at least for the occasion.
Alice

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2017, 08:20:37 PM »

It would have been so easy to cover that tattoo. It's December, nobody would have thought twice if she'd worn a long-sleeved blouse or jacket.

Also odd to only see one of the Swedish royals in national dress. Usually it's Silvia and her daughters, which looks nice. Sofia would have looked okay if she'd left off the hat and gone with a simple, clean hairstyle (rather than the stringy bird's nest lurking under that milkmaid hat). Victoria and Estelle are impeccable as always. Sweden is so lucky to have them as future monarchs.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2017, 08:41:55 PM »

My first reaction to Ssss's getup was "what in the everloving f......!!!!" Then I realized it's that fame hungry thing. How could I forget?

Doesn't matter - Vic kicked butt with her ensemble.

Is it me, or are Vic and Mads wearing the same shoe?

Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2017, 09:10:28 PM »

Madeleine: What is that funny little look she's doing in the gif? did she say something funny?  

Little Alexander tripped.  He was okay but he was crying quite loudly as Madeleine gave her reading, so when she ended her reading Madeleine gave a little smile and gesture, looking over to Alexander.

Thank you so much Phina  Star    I was surprised her coat was fur, I thought it was some kind of worked or dyed velvet. (and yes, I'm sure Chris's money  bought it.)  He looked awful, I've never noticed him looking so bad.  btw men's short pants are working my last nerve!  Find a tailor, it's worth the money  Ranting

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2017, 09:28:11 PM »

I noticed in one of the pics someone posted a couple of pages ago that Estelle seems to have lost a tooth on the bottom! So cute! My daughter turns 5 in a couple of weeks and has just lost her first one. Love her little sweater too. Vic really stole the show though.

Star Rebecca
My granddaughter just turned 6 and she has just lost her second bottom tooth, it's so cute! I love how close in age she and Estelle are, and they're a little similar in looks as well. Plus my daughter has a boy about Oscar's age and she's due with her third in March! Fun parallels.
Estelle gets prettier every time I see her, and yes, mom Vic definitely stole the show in the fashion department. I'm having a really hard time with the Persian lamb coat Madde wore, it really is almost a game-changer for me, a diehard Madde sugar.
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2017, 09:29:55 PM »

Madeleine's nice post on facebook https://www.facebook.com/...02452/?type=3&theater

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 09:39:48 PM by Arturo94 » Logged

kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2017, 09:44:52 PM »

Chris look as bad as CP now...he was so handsome at his wedding. What is up with him?

Jet lag combined with a pregnant wife. Shocked
princessfeedme

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2017, 09:54:30 PM »

Margareta Thorgren said that Leonore and Nicolas were not at the christening because they are still in London.  The children were tired after a trip to the USA so they stayed in London.  Madeleine and Chris fly home to them tonight.   They'll be back for the Nobels and the children will be with them then.

Thanks for the explanation, Phina. I guess it's a good call, especially when Leonore can be a handful. Love them to bits though.
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2017, 10:04:06 PM »

I guess it's Taylor Momsen inspired. She has an album out with her band which uses this cross as artwork.

That's exactly it, thanks for the image for comparison Kaiserin  Star
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:09:27 PM by Phina » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: