Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christening of Prince Gabriel - December 1, 2017  (Read 46807 times)
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: December 02, 2017, 01:25:39 PM »

Apparently, Madeleine's ugly fur coat is from Valentino and costs Ä14.510  Yikes Yikes

Svenskdam says it costs that, but if you click on the Pinterest link and then click on the polyvore link they get if from,  it costs Ä8.315 https://www.polyvore.com/...&utm_campaign=default

MLoR  Star for the link.

it 's lamb's fur, apparently

Pink Persian lambfur cutaway collar coat from Valentino featuring a concealed front fastening, front flap pockets and three-quarter length sleeves. Color: Pink/Purple. Gender: Female. Age Group: Adult. Material: Persian Lamb Fur/Lamb Fur.

G

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

'Natural beauty.' Ahem.

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: December 02, 2017, 01:25:47 PM »

Are the tides turning ?
Did Snakey finally go too far with her arrogant behaviour ?

With even CG's looking grumpiest than ever at the christening of the second son of his goldenboy, Silvia appearing unhappy and now this...

lyndell75

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: December 02, 2017, 02:24:33 PM »

This was oddly entertaining ....tides just might be

Astrid

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: December 02, 2017, 02:51:53 PM »

Apparently, Madeleine's ugly fur coat is from Valentino and costs Ä14.510  Yikes Yikes

Svenskdam says it costs that, but if you click on the Pinterest link and then click on the polyvore link they get if from,  it costs Ä8.315 https://www.polyvore.com/...&utm_campaign=default

MLoR  Star for the link.

Pink Persian lambfur cutaway collar coat from Valentino featuring a concealed front fastening, front flap pockets and three-quarter length sleeves. Color: Pink/Purple. Gender: Female. Age Group: Adult. Material: Persian Lamb Fur/Lamb Fur.

G

Persian Lamb or Karakul is the name for fur harvested from newborn or prematurely born, sometimes even fetal lambs. I can't believe that Madeleine is wearing a Karakul-coat to a christening. It is disgusting, and not just because the coat is ugly.

http://www.esdaw.eu/karakul-lambs.html

...beware of the link, it shows how the fur is harvested.

Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: December 02, 2017, 03:34:03 PM »

Gabriel seems to have blue eyes

Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: December 02, 2017, 03:40:30 PM »

Alexander seems to heavily favor his maternal family - of course there are traces of the Bernadottes - but that kid is mostly Hellquist.

Gabriel looks to be a better looking baby than his brother at the same age with what little we can see - time will tell - but I agree about the blue eyes!

Aubiette

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: December 02, 2017, 03:50:15 PM »

Apparently, Madeleine's ugly fur coat is from Valentino and costs Ä14.510  Yikes Yikes

Svenskdam says it costs that, but if you click on the Pinterest link and then click on the polyvore link they get if from,  it costs Ä8.315 https://www.polyvore.com/...&utm_campaign=default

MLoR  Star for the link.

G

Persian Lamb or Karakul is the name for fur harvested from newborn or prematurely born, sometimes even fetal lambs. I can't believe that Madeleine is wearing a Karakul-coat to a christening. It is disgusting, and not just because the coat is ugly.

http://www.esdaw.eu/karakul-lambs.html

...beware of the link, it shows how the fur is harvested.

Despicable! Permanent poop list for her.
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: December 02, 2017, 03:57:54 PM »

Someone had to have been punking Slitzerella with that outfit. She looks ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:59:11 PM by Duchess of Verona » Logged
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: December 02, 2017, 04:14:48 PM »

To be fair maybe Madde has not been aware of what the coat is made of. I have a hard time believing she would deliberately wear something that is controversial when it comes to animal welfare. I understand fur used from sheep since it is usually a by-product of meat production but using unborn lamb just feels very cruel.

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: December 02, 2017, 04:23:39 PM »

That's what I meant by my comment yesterday that it was almost a game changer for me, as in it really changed my perception of Madde that she would wear aborted fetal lamb fur. Disgusting and something only someone with more money than common sense would do.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: December 02, 2017, 04:46:29 PM »

I have never heard of this before and since Madeleine never struck me as cruel or cold, Iím going to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that she has no clue about it.

Also, seriously, there needs to be some kind of law preventing materials like that from being used. Itís the responsibility of the law makers to prevent these things.

perdie

Large Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: December 02, 2017, 05:36:41 PM »

Sofia's national dress is lovely, and particularly as it was made by a family member.  But why now?  Why this christening, and not Alex'?  It's perhaps the single most "look at me" I have seen from any of the usual suspects.
Katestolemyname

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: December 02, 2017, 05:40:16 PM »

Sofia's national dress is lovely, and particularly as it was made by a family member.  But why now?  Why this christening, and not Alex'?  It's perhaps the single most "look at me" I have seen from any of the usual suspects.

Could it be because Dalarna is her county, and Gabriel is the duke of Dalarna? I don't know, but that's the only reason I can think of.

I get why Silvia was unhappy about the entire event. If Sofia is all about expressing herself, she should have married some celebrity, not a prince.
RoyalMusings

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: December 02, 2017, 05:59:39 PM »

The christening was Sofia. Every aspect was about her with Gabrielís name thrown in. Sheís his mother and itís her right to insert her touch on the proceedings but...the outfit, the modern pop music took what should have been a solemn joyful moment and turned it into a spectacle.
Larzen

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: December 02, 2017, 06:40:18 PM »

I like Sofias costume, had it been in norway i would hardly bat an eylid, as a christening is a typical event  to wear it to, a problem for many new mothers carrying som extra weight and nursing....extremely impractical...but when she is the only one wearing one  it looks a bit looker me...anyways it gives a better image than Madeleine in the most expensive designs from top to toe, Valentino, gianvito rossi, Botega Venetta, she is wearing clothes probably worth 200.000SEK, it looks completely out of touch, even if she pays it herself. And the reputation of those astrakhan coats is also not precisly great
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: