Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan News and Events  (Read 21758 times)
Princess Jasmine

Baby Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: December 02, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »

So... why do the media use the only horrible pic of Meghan when they have about 2134583 beautiful and flattering pics of yesterday to choose from? I believe they often photoshop Kate into a fresh faced natural beauty, right? Why do they all want to make Meghan uglier?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: December 02, 2017, 04:18:34 PM »

Oh my.
Ginger and Sparkle.
Gut says: nope.

This. Hand. Near. Face. In. Hair. Thing.

I'm at a rather large wine trade show in Paris this weekend and I am sooooo going to empty Every. Single. Bottle. I can find no other way to cope with it.

LOL Star

Pomme  Hug Hug Hug Champagne

EmpressTheodora

Muted
Baby Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: December 02, 2017, 05:50:57 PM »

Yep, MyLove-

I called out the Carolyn Bessette Kennedy look last night before the papers  Jumping  Very chic, very NY.  Carolyn had that down in spades, as well as the big bottle of blond dye.

I don't think Meghan will get too close to C's wedding look - that - as well as C and J's wedding photo - is now iconic given their tragic deaths (and also C's sister Lauren).

Also Caroline is controversial - she loved cocaine apparently and had mood swings like Diana, and was, at times, verbally and physically abusive to J.  J was probably close to divorcing her when the plane crash occurred.  A doomed marriage, best to avoid any traces of that.
Kittycat_dish

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: December 02, 2017, 07:06:23 PM »

Meghan Markle Channels Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy for Her First Royal Engagement

http://www.townandcountry...carolyn-bessette-kennedy/

For her first official outing with Prince Harry, Meghan Markle took inspiration from American royalty of another sort. Her tan skirt, high-necked knit top, and boots were almost identical to an outfit Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy was spotted wearing not long after her wedding to John F. Kennedy Jr.

Markle channeling the late fashion icon shouldn't come as a surprise, as the soon-to-be royal has praised her style in the past. During an interview last year with Glamour, before Prince Harry was even in the picture, Markle revealed that her favorite celebrity wedding gown was the silk slip dress designed by Narciso Rodriguez that Carolyn wore to tie the knot back in 1996.

Markle even described it as "everything goals," indicating her walk down the aisle could look very different than Duchess Kate's.

I saw several articles about that and since Meghan once said Carolynís wedding dress was her favorite , Iím wondering if this will be a recurring comparison

I believe her look was CBK inspired. CBK wore a lot of black. As others have mentioned, a very NY thing. Black/beige was an often worn combination. CBK also wore the midi look very well. I love midi length skirts/dresses. Being tall, she could pull this look off very well especially when worn with her Manolos.

I also thought the coat was a CBK inspired look although Carolyn's was single breasted.

Loved CBK's Manolo's here. Meg's shoes were much less impressive.

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #259 on: December 02, 2017, 07:22:23 PM »

Yes, holding hands is so unprofessional. Just because we're used to William and Kate who can't stand touching each other... I like to see them acting like a normal couple instead of pretending they aren't allowed to have PDA, because despite the lies from the W&K camp, HM doesn't give two craps.

Her outfit is terrible.

I wish more than anything we could stop comparing William and Kate to Harry and Markle.  William is not Harry, Harry is not William.  Kate is not Markle and Markle is not Kate.  They are two completely different couples with two completely different couple styles.  How William and Kate behave will not be the same as Harry because they are not the same.  William is and has always been more reserved, more conservative and uncomfortable in the spotlight.  Harry has and always will be more outgoing, more rash and more comfortable in front of people.  Kate is and always has been very similar to William. For christ's sake, their desire to not touch each other much in public has more to do with their personalities than it does the state of their marriage.  Just as there are some people who may prefer seeing a newly engaged couple that cannot keep their hands to themselves, there are just as many people who prefer seeing a couple who have been happily married for 6 years going about their business in a professional manner.  I find that many of the people who complain about William and Kate's lack of affection and appreciate Harry and Markle's are more often than not American.  

ETA: I quite like her coat but I hate the outfit underneath.  Harry is aging like a Windsor...

What is that supposed to mean? Surely we can have an opinion, even if we are (gasp) 'Americans'?

This level of the debate reflects really poorly on the board. It seems pretty evident that the point is simply that William and Kate act in a very British way and people not seeing it simply don't understand that connection.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #260 on: December 02, 2017, 07:23:06 PM »

I am not sure what you meant to say about Doria Regland.  Let's see:

An African American woman who was born during a period when America was highly race-segregated - Doria was probably yelled and spit on when her schools were desegregated.  Doria, as an African American woman would not have been encouraged to attend college or graduate school - pursued her goals and is a role model for all who are discriminated against based on their skin color.

An African American woman who refused to be deterred by racists and went to college and graduate school and has a great career at a well-known LA Mental Health Center, where I, as a UCLA psychiatry resident, did a rotation.

An African American woman who has faced racism HER WHOLE LIFE and has found peace and happiness in her life.

I do not understand why others are attacking Doria!

Race and racism is O/T on this board. We will not host a discussion on the topic. Please respect that.
EmpressTheodora

Muted
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: December 02, 2017, 07:27:22 PM »

Thanks Maria for addressing this and let's put a stop to Meghan nicknames that reflect on her skin color.
EmpressTheodora

Muted
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: December 02, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »

Just FYI everyone,

I have sent a friendly message to Maria that any disrespect and disavowal of the experiences of African Americans, including Meghan Markle and her mother, will be addressed in no uncertain terms.

It is simply not kosher to tell African-Americans that they must accept perceived racist nicknames of Meghan and disgusting things said about her African American family.

I do not want to let the ACLU to investigate this board for racism (and I recently made a financial donation to RoyalDish by the way).
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #263 on: December 02, 2017, 07:49:03 PM »

Yes, thank you. We will close the Harry and Meghan section immediately. I think it's pretty clear for everyone who knows RD what this board is about: a mostly fun and snarky discussion about royals. With little - perhaps too little - moderation. Any kind of discussion about race or racism - epscially in the US - won't fly without moderation, we've already seen that. We are not about to host that kind of debate so there will be no more Harry and Meghan on this board.

Thanks for joining in the debate and good luck posting about it elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: