Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which royal have you met?  (Read 45990 times)
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 07:35:54 PM »

I met Diane d'Orléans at a fundraiser once.  I was secretly amused to recognize her dress from having seen her so much in Point de Vue, making me think she only had one evening dress.
😂😂😂😂😂
Those Orléans Are all over PDV !!!! Was she as flamboyant and artistic as she is portrayed in Pdv?

Jonathan

Gigantic Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 08:28:57 PM »

A lot, and I mean a lot.

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
RubyLucinda

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 08:31:37 PM »

I met Diana! And I saw Harry on the street a couple of months ago.

Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 08:45:18 PM »

Martha Louise rode with us one winter  for the Florida season. She wasn't fey at all about angels and such back then.  I also saw Charles and Diana when he had come to play polo in Florida. She had the most gorgeous skin.
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 10:36:26 PM »

A lot, and I mean a lot.

Then hit the keyboard  Wink

Martha Louise rode with us one winter  for the Florida season. She wasn't fey at all about angels and such back then.  I also saw Charles and Diana when he had come to play polo in Florida. She had the most gorgeous skin.

I read often that she had great skin, I guess a great testament to her skin care regime, she supposedly made plenty of masks with ingredients from the kitchen!
kpzra

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 12:52:31 AM »

Member of The House of Liechtenstein, members from the Japanese Royal family and more than a few from the middle east.  I worked at an international airport for years.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 12:57:33 AM »

I met Fergie a few years ago.  She was actually quite charming and kind of seemed like someone I'd like to have some beers with.  I had a minor Saudi prince in a class I was teaching about ten years ago.  He was a lovely guy.  I never knew he was a prince until halfway through the semester when someone from international affairs who handles records told me.  He was pretty low-key and humble. 
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 12:59:38 AM »

Ortensia, she was quiet that evening, probably because of the language.  Her English was good but accented.  I think she was having a hard time following the conversations at our table, because everyone else knew each other.

I don't recall much in PdV about her being wild (or very active), but she sure did go to a lot of parties!  I wonder what her girls look like?
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 03:29:48 AM »

I might have sat next to Harry on a flight to Honolulu, he was a very tall, gangly ginger, very quiet. I was so nervous about the reason for my flight (my first assignment at a new job) that he didn't register with me at first, and then I spilled a bit of my soda on him. Blush I looked out the window the rest of the flight lol. Probably wasn't him, but I guess it could have been. He traveled to Maui a lot at that time.
Katestolemyname

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 03:37:10 AM »

MM
Haakon
Martha
Sonja
Madeleine
Silvia
Kemenate

Small Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2017, 09:54:48 AM »

MM
Haakon
Martha
Sonja
Madeleine
Silvia

Please tell  more ich am a sucker for Scandinavien royals! Cute
kbart

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2017, 10:39:40 AM »

Mine are lower key royals. Two years ago the Duke of Kent walked in totally unaccompanied and sat next to me on a bench waiting for a classical music concert in London. Very nice and almost normal (but not quite) and sadly has obviously had health issues. He had visited my workplace twice when he was doing the Board of Trade stuff before Andrew and of course one knows him for Wimbledon. Funnily enough the only other one I have met is the Duchess of Kent as she was chancellor of my university 35 years ago and gave us all our graduation certificates and was often to be seen visiting. True story: The facilities at uni were marked MEN and WOMEN. Whenever the Duchess visited signs saying LADIES were placed over the WOMEN ones in case she needed to use them...  She was very very popular with students which is strange because it was a normal uni in an industrial northern UK city and quite anti-establishment at the time. Have accidentally stumbled on royal visits - the Queen (very dark and slim and elegant but was wearing fur also in 1980s), Prince Philip in 1990s (exactly as he is now to be honest), Duchess of Gloucester in 2000s (very elfin and elegant). To be honest if you live in South near M4 they do a lot of events nearby within striking distance of Windsor, Bagshot etc Sophie opened a refurbished swimming pool near us last week - 5 miles from her home...
lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2017, 11:22:38 AM »

Haven't met anyone, but I corresponded with Fabiola.

Banana

emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2017, 11:49:53 AM »

Oh!! My daughter met Queen Elizabeth! Five years ago they were here in Perth, and my daughter was selected to represent her school at the garden party at Govt House..... they were at the end of the line of school reps, and Liz and Phil stopped, asked her name and what school she was from! Phil make some quip, but I can’t remember what it was..... my daughter curtseyed, and said Your Majesty..... very proud!
Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 12:10:48 PM »

Been to a conference that queen Beatrix attended some years ago. Her security was stupid and very rude, they locked up the conference participants in the hotel while she was there, we were not allowed to leave and nobody asked us if we were ok with that before the conference. They didn't search anybody who came to the hotel nor our rooms, so locking up people wouldn't have helped, we would all have had the possibility to kill her if we wanted (nobody tried it). She was also very impolite and didn't greet the conference participants, she only pushed a button to launch a dictionary but didn't say a single word to us plebs.
Been to a flight to LHR with Louis and Tessy some years ago when she was still down to earth. They were both nice, greeted the people (at least 5 people did the boarding because they wanted to see them), they carried their own handluggage and they both sat in coach. So no idea why Tessy thinks the Luxes should found her luxury life and her business class tickets when she actually flew coach while married to Louis.
Also saw MT and Henri several times in Lux at different places and had them drive behind me several times (sometimes together, sometimes only one of them).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: