Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which royal have you met?  (Read 3102 times)
Celia

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 01:52:14 PM »

I also saw Prince Pierre d'Arenberg and his wife Silvia about 13 years ago at Disney Hall in LA, for a Brendel recital.  Could have knocked me over with a feather when I finally placed them. Thank you for the memories, PdV!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 02:01:47 PM »

Met the dutch princes a lifetime ago. Willem actually asked me to dinner. Imagine you could all be talking about Queen fairy now, had I have any interest  Tongue, but Mr. Fairy was new on the stage and I was way more interested in him than in Wimlex, who (to be honest) was a bit of a brute and a bore.
His late brother had a tad more life in him, and he talked a bit about how they all were not really close to their mother when growing up but incredibly close to their father. Nice evening and I kept his telephone number for the longest time, just for fun.
Met Edward in London on a theater project with Vanessa Redgrave. Needless to say, my girl crush on the wonderful Vanessa kept me from noticing him much, and to be honest, my gaydar was in full swing. I pecked him for gay, full of himself and uninspiring.
I had friends who regularly played tennis with Vickan. She was a lot younger than we and she was sweet, timid and quiet.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 03:15:12 PM »

Ortensia, she was quiet that evening, probably because of the language.  Her English was good but accented.  I think she was having a hard time following the conversations at our table, because everyone else knew each other.

I don't recall much in PdV about her being wild (or very active), but she sure did go to a lot of parties!  I wonder what her girls look like?
Thank you Celia! Star
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 05:43:17 PM »

I met Princess Christina of Sweden many years ago. She was good friends with my mom's boss - a semi-famous scientist. She has a great interest in science and medicine. She was very pretty, very down-to-earth and very smart. I'm surprised she visited their offices because my mom's boss was a serious office hoarder - imagine 50+ years of papers, medical journals, etc in a very tiny office.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 08:55:12 PM »

I saw the Queen leaving Buckingham palace twice. Does that count? LOL  Grin
Katestolemyname

Micro Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2017, 12:22:32 AM »

MM
Haakon
Martha
Sonja
Madeleine
Silvia

Please tell  more ich am a sucker for Scandinavien royals! Cute

Sonja was the first one I met. She visited my home town when I was 11 or 12. I sang for her, and got to meet with her briefly afterwards. Such a warm and lovely lady!

MM: MM "studied" at the same college as I did, BI. She supposedly took some courses there. When she started, I was a member of the school newspaper and got to meet with her. She was actually a lot nicer than I would imagine, because I have never been a fan.

Haakon: I didn't get the chance to talk to him, but my aunt is a photographer, and she brought me with her at work one day. He took his time, and seemed nice. Oh, and he was handsome back then!

Madeleine; I stayed in NYC when she did. My colleagues and I used to eat at some of her favorite places. I never talked to her, but I got eye contact with her once and smiled at her.

Silvia: I only saw her in Stockholm. Not sure if this counts as met.

Oh, and one funny incident... Since he's no longer a royal, I didn't mention him, but when I was fifteen  my mom pointed out Ari at Gardermoen to me and my brother. I looked in the other direction, and my mom was like : Katherine, look, there's Ari Behn. He was pretty close to us, and turned around, smiled and said hi. Cool attitude.
shastadaisy

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2017, 02:25:10 AM »

Thank you all for sharing these memories. They are really fun to read!
TexasBear

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2017, 04:26:57 AM »

I was college friends with one of thousands of Saudi princes. His father was the ambassador to the US and his grandfather was the crown prince, so not sooooo minor. Very nice guy. Extremely generous and so kind. He was a regular student who happened to have a couple of private security guys tag along whenever he was off campus or away from his house after 9/11. His family was close with the Bushes and George Wís ranch was near our college, so his dad came out from DC a few times.

We still play fantasy football together, but I havenít seen him in probably 5 years. Iíve been a bit worried about his dad with all the turmoil in KSA.
Royalfan 72

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2017, 07:33:34 PM »

I once saw WAX while he was visiting dutch soldiers in my hometown. Very tall man he is.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2017, 09:45:22 PM »

Saw Prince Haakon in a supermarket when he was attending the University of California at Berkeley.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: