Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which royal have you met?  (Read 13145 times)
Mrs Soprano

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2018, 03:47:12 AM »

I met Prince Charles as a young girl, on the tarmac at our local airport. I think he must have been still in his teens. My mother dragged us kids down there and there was 6Ē wire mesh barriers up everywhere, as if the Beatles were flying in. TBH, Iíd have rather seen Ringo and George up close, than Charlie. He didnít make much of an impression on me. Meh.
Curtains

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2018, 09:10:55 PM »

Met Edward in London on a theater project with Vanessa Redgrave. Needless to say, my girl crush on the wonderful Vanessa kept me from noticing him much, and to be honest, my gaydar was in full swing. I pecked him for gay, full of himself and uninspiring.
I had friends who regularly played tennis with Vickan. She was a lot younger than we and she was sweet, timid and quiet.

Ah yes - forgot that.  Eddie.  Met in the Hamptons at a pool party.  Pinged my gaydar to Montauk and back...and that of a very popular male soap star who had just crossed over into a nighttime TV series.  Last I saw the two of them, they were headed over the dunes for some star gazing.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2018, 10:22:03 PM »

Star gazing? I didnt realize that this is what we were calling it these days. Grin
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2018, 10:23:18 AM »

Met Edward in London on a theater project with Vanessa Redgrave. Needless to say, my girl crush on the wonderful Vanessa kept me from noticing him much, and to be honest, my gaydar was in full swing. I pecked him for gay, full of himself and uninspiring.
I had friends who regularly played tennis with Vickan. She was a lot younger than we and she was sweet, timid and quiet.

Ah yes - forgot that.  Eddie.  Met in the Hamptons at a pool party.  Pinged my gaydar to Montauk and back...and that of a very popular male soap star who had just crossed over into a nighttime TV series.  Last I saw the two of them, they were headed over the dunes for some star gazing.

Halo

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
QueenE

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2018, 02:35:25 PM »

I met Queen Elizabeth when she visited my home in 1997, I was a young girl. I also met Edward and Sophie in 2000 when they visited, both were very nice. I remember Edward making jokes to us after we did a musical performance for them. I've seen Charles and Camilla in 2009 when they visited Toronto, Anne when she visited in 2016 for Canada Day, and saw Harry September 2017 while in Toronto for the Invictus Games. Smiley Would love to see William and Kate and the children at some point!
Kemenate

Mini Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2018, 12:12:31 PM »

My sister, who work as a au pair, live with a family who meet Kate a couple of times.

It was back in time, when was a toddlers.  Her ways crossed when their both pushed their stroller trough the kensington garden, she was sometimes with the nanny, but always with a protection officer.

She greeded back everytime and seemed down to earth and friendly  but also distant at the same time, if that makes sense Wink
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2018, 09:48:52 PM »

Lalla Salma of Morocco but not a real meeting

few years back we both stopped at the traffic light signal i noticed her and waved she smiled and waved back we moved once the traffic signal was green 

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2018, 10:00:10 PM »

I met Fergie a few years ago at a fundraiser for a cancer charity.  I know she's a train wreck and greedy, and a big old hot mess, but in person, she was surprisingly charming, funny, and polite.  

The only other royal I've met was a minor Saudi prince who was a student in one of my classes.  He was a very down to earth guy, and a very good student.  I didn't even know he was royal until another student told me.  Then I finally noticed all of his names on my registrar's list, and sure enough, he was a member of that family.  When I asked him, he said shyly, "It's not a big deal.  I'm just one of hundreds of princes in my country. I'm not in charge of anything." He was a very nice kid and I liked him a lot.  He bought a car to use while he was in school, and it was a secondhand ten year old Buick.  I'm certain that he could have had a luxury car and a fancy house,  but while he was at my school, he lived in a modest apartment like all the other students, and he drove a cheap car.  He invited Mr. Pixiecat and me over to his apartment for a little dinner he cooked to celebrate the end of Ramadan one year.  He did all the cooking and made these fantastic date shakes.  
anastasia beaverhausen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2018, 11:04:44 PM »

I met Fergie a few years ago at a fundraiser for a cancer charity.  I know she's a train wreck and greedy, and a big old hot mess, but in person, she was surprisingly charming, funny, and polite.  

The only other royal I've met was a minor Saudi prince who was a student in one of my classes.  He was a very down to earth guy, and a very good student.  I didn't even know he was royal until another student told me.  Then I finally noticed all of his names on my registrar's list, and sure enough, he was a member of that family.  When I asked him, he said shyly, "It's not a big deal.  I'm just one of hundreds of princes in my country. I'm not in charge of anything." He was a very nice kid and I liked him a lot.  He bought a car to use while he was in school, and it was a secondhand ten year old Buick.  I'm certain that he could have had a luxury car and a fancy house,  but while he was at my school, he lived in a modest apartment like all the other students, and he drove a cheap car.  He invited Mr. Pixiecat and me over to his apartment for a little dinner he cooked to celebrate the end of Ramadan one year.  He did all the cooking and made these fantastic date shakes.  

I donít know why, but the bolded part cheered me up. Sheís not all bad then.

And a milkshake made with dates huh?
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2018, 11:14:53 PM »

the dates milkshake  is soooooooooo yummy i recommand it Smiley

pixiecat the story of the Saudi prince is really intersting he is giving a totally opposite image we usually have of the Saudi royalty

zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2018, 11:42:28 PM »

I met Queen Elizabeth in 1964 and Princess Margaret in 1967 British Week???

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2018, 03:39:48 AM »

the dates milkshake  is soooooooooo yummy i recommand it Smiley

pixiecat the story of the Saudi prince is really intersting he is giving a totally opposite image we usually have of the Saudi royalty

Oh, those date shakes were to die for.    I need to find that recipe.  He wrote it down for me.  I'm not a big fan of dates in general, but OMG, in milkshake form they're amazing.

I think that he was so nice and normal because he was a minor prince.  He is so far down in the pecking order, and probably always will be, and that's probably why he was so lovely.  This university is a public state school in the middle of nowhere, not an elite institution, so even the fact that he chose that school instead of a more expensive private school or a school with a reputation of being very, very difficult to get into is interesting. But he is definitely a prince and a member of the Saud family. I would like to think that there are other members of that family who were so nice and "normal" but chances are people like him are very few.
TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2018, 05:03:34 PM »

Not a fan of dates but I really enjoyed the date shake from Hadley's near Palm Springs, CA.

https://www.hadleyfruitorchards.com/node/1533
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2018, 10:02:10 PM »

Not a fan of dates but I really enjoyed the date shake from Hadley's near Palm Springs, CA.

https://www.hadleyfruitorchards.com/node/1533

There is also a date shake place on the 99 in central California. Iíve never stopped there, but Iíve driven past many times and the place is always busy.
bumbershoot

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2018, 02:58:16 AM »

Date shakes are a California specialty in the area near Palm Springs and Indio, where date palms grow. They are so sweet they make your teeth ache and so delicious that you'd drive 20 miles out of your way for one. I think a lot of people have been introduced to them recently when they'be been at or en route to the big music festival on Coachella.

Traditionally Muslims break their Ramadan fast with dates each night.  I used to have an office near a big farmers market in San Francisco, and during Ramadanm, farmers come up from near Palm Springs with truckloads of dates and they are all sold out by the end of the day. Lots of different delicious varieties of dates: Medjool, Deglet Noor, Zahidi, Bahri, among others.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: