Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which royal have you met?  (Read 15988 times)
VanillaMoomin

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2018, 03:23:44 AM »

My fave date shake recipe comes from the very Californian restaurant Cafe Gratitude and involved whizzing up dates with almond butter and vanilla extract with coconut milk and ice.

As far as meeting royalty goes, the only big name I’ve met is King Harald of Norway, who I was frightened of until I dared speak to him and then he turned out to be a sweet natured man who was happy to talk about rowing boats on the fjords. Back in the 80s I knew some minor royalty, the hilariously fierce daughter of a Saudi princess and a warlord, who I liked a lot, and a nebbishy princeling from the UAE who I really didn’t.
Lady G

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2018, 12:14:31 PM »

I met and spoke to Prince Charles at a reception, five years ago. He was funny and very charming. He just appeared in the room and it suddenly hits you, that's the Prince of Wales! It's so strange to see in the flesh someone you've seen for years on TV and in the papers.

"Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare."
kongschlong

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2018, 06:33:11 PM »

Met Princess Beatrice in my local area when I was around 6-8ish years old. My mum informed me that she was a princess and I was quite excited, however, due to watching Disney films constantly, I said “Is she really a princess?” “Where’s her crown?” “That’s not a princess!” out loud, as she was wearing a pink jumper, coat and jeans. She obviously did hear as she was a couple of metres away but she laughed and smiled it off, very polite and down to earth  Halo 
LarLa

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2018, 07:12:36 PM »

I saw Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip back in 97. HM unveiled a plaque at my work. Philip waved at me lol.

I met Prince Edward a couple of years ago when he was at my work. I worked in a museum at the time and we were working on an exhibit on the First World War that was being opened in 2016 (Anne opened the exhibit but I was working somewhere else then). My coworkers were really surprised when he came over talking to us. He was engaging and very nice.
Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2018, 12:14:31 PM »

Hiya - I don't really post here any more (for a variety of dull reasons) but thought I'd share actually meeting Camilla last year. I spent about 20 minutes with her at a work thing. And... well, firstly she is tiny. She looks older than in photos but also more attractive. She was wearing lashings of pressed powder, to the point of leaving a slight dust cloud behind her when she left. Massive blingy pearl choker, even for a day event. She was incredibly pleasant, interested and chatty. She mentioned her grandkids a lot, and seemed genuinely interested in the substance of the (super dull) meeting. Oh, and she was funny too.

I felt a bit bad I had my Republic key ring on me.

I had missed two previous opportunities to meet Camilla (a work invite to Highgrove in which all the etiquette-y, 'you will be addressed by your husband's title even though it's because of your professional reputation that you were invited at all' stuff annoyed me too much, and another day when I got pulled into budget meetings so couldn't attend a meet and greet).

I also met Prince Harry briefly about six years ago. He was in uniform and looked dashing, even if his posture is dreadful. I was wearing snazzy gloves, which he remarked upon. Firm handshake, too.
Tulip of Nonsense

Large Member

Monaco Monaco

Je chante donc je suis...

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2018, 02:42:52 PM »

Thanks for telling us your quite interesting first hand experience Future Crayon  Star I'm glad to see you posting again  Hug Please stay with us a bit longer  Smiley

"I was given a degree by a college of unbeautiful nonsense... And I have kissed a prince in a land where men grind their wheat in the sky..."
Melville Davisson Post
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: