Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is your favorite and least favorite royal?  (Read 63573 times)
Mariola

Mini Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2020, 09:45:00 PM »

I am not royalist/monarchist so, only on the basis that I think I would enjoy their company and conversation at dinner or in a café, I would choose (and in no particular ordering):

Mette-Marit (with or without Haakon) and King Harald (with or without Queen Sonja);
Charles and Camilla;
Mathilde (with or without Philippe);
Maxima (depending on my mood. I think she will be very good company and is maybe not as loud as the photographs seem to show);
Felipe on a good day;

Maybe Mary/Stephanie/Meghan/Charlene 1:1 because I am curious.

um ........ that is all.

Yvonne

Small Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2020, 10:06:06 PM »

I am not royalist/monarchist so, only on the basis that I think I would enjoy their company and conversation at dinner or in a café, I would choose (and in no particular ordering):

Mette-Marit (with or without Haakon) and King Harald (with or without Queen Sonja);
Charles and Camilla;
Mathilde (with or without Philippe);
Maxima (depending on my mood. I think she will be very good company and is maybe not as loud as the photographs seem to show);
Felipe on a good day;

Maybe Mary/Stephanie/Meghan/Charlene 1:1 because I am curious.

um ........ that is all.

that's an interesting way to think about royals. if thinking about those I like in their positions, I would say those with duty, service, and who are also down-to-earth and don't compliant/don't explain kind of people.
On the other hand, those I'd want to spend time with because I think they are interesting  Thinking Sophie of Wessex, Prince Nikolaus and Princess Marghareta of Liechtenstein, Charles and Camilla.
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2020, 12:22:30 AM »

My favourites:

Lady Sarah Chatto
Sophie Wessex
Queen Mathilde of Belgium
King Harald and Queen Sonja
Camilla and Charles
the Duke of Edinburgh
Kate and William and especially their children
the Dutch princesses, oh, and their parents, too
Madeleine of Sweden

My least favourites:

Prince Andrew

I tend to like much more easily than dislike. There are royals I respect, like Princess Anne, but that doesn't make her a favourite. I really dislike Prince Andrew and he deserved any dislike coming his way. Towards others, I'm rather indifferent, or only sometimes think: oh, well done, bravo.

There is one who's not a favourite but I'd like to get to know her: yes, Princess Michael of Kent. She's clearly intelligent and interesting, and she's had consistently bad press like all Teutonic married-ins, who knows how she really is? In her interviews, her genealogical name-dropping is a bit obnoxious ("as great-granddaughter of Charlemagne, cousin of William the Conqueror and sister-in-law of Eleanor of Aquitaine I can say....") but once she gets over it and starts talking about her books, she has my ear.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2020, 12:24:32 PM »

Favorites:

Her Maj
Prince Phillip
The Princess Royal
Camilla
Sophie Wessex
Lady Louise
Vickan

Least favorite:

Mary
(Meghan would top my least favorite list but she is an ex-royal!)
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

The Memorial Wall along the Southbank in London

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2020, 03:06:35 PM »

My favourites by a country mile: (Adoration)
King Harald: compassionate, faithful, courageous, regal yet hot cocoa and marshmallows
Katherine, Duchess of Kent: while some people were writing forewords for photo-ops, the DoK was giving the children of Grenville free music lessons to feed their souls

Sugar for (will go out to bat for them)
Mathilde
Cams
Sophie
Madeleine

Sonja
Jetsun Pema
Dan

A massive soft spot for: (being awful  to them feels like clubbing a baby seal however flawed they may be)
- Charlene, Tessie no longer royal, Charles, Stephanie, Beatrice

Pleasantly surprised by
- Kate
- Wills
- Phillipe
- Wax

Okay
Marie
Vikkan
Sylvia
Eugenie
Felipe
Haakon
Jokke

Disappointed by:
- Daisy: so intelligent, so capable yet raised the worst heir of his generation
- Leti: so intelligent, capable and so handsome originally, - - rhinoplasty for breathing issues is a terrible excuse  for the extent of  her plastic surgery: pull the other one
- MT: so intelligent, so capable, so attractive,  yet so brutal - she has taken to the knife to bolster her ego.

Pity for:
Mary – married to an idiot, still can’t find her skin to be comfortable in
HM – cheating husband, two daughters-in-law from hell, possible pedo son, jury is out on whether she has survived the latest shakedown

Good for a Laugh
Max

Couldn’t be bothered with:
MM
CG, CP

Idiots:
The Thai King
They who shall not be named
Floppy Frodo
Sofia of Sweden
Andrew
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:39:05 PM by Chandrasekhi » Logged

The Book Fairies are joining judges and contributors to the #HoldStill2020 project to mark the release of the beautiful book! We are leaving copies at places that gave us hope during lockdowns. #HSBookFairies #ibelieveinbookfairies
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: