Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is your favorite and least favorite royal?  (Read 24385 times)
LucyintheSky

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2018, 10:03:12 PM »

I have a soft spot for the old garde: QEII, Philipp, The QueenBee etc and for some reason for Letizia.
But to be honest all the others fall into two categories:
Interesting to dish about and not interested.
Those can change, Mary for ex switched from interesting to dish about to same same and boring. I quickly look at her fashion choices and that's usually it. (doesn't help that I find the discussion on her threads same same and boring just as well). Sometimes Steph can be in the interesting category and then she bores me again. Same with mostly all men.
The only one I never touch is Marie. For whatever reason she rubs me the wrong way and I cannot stand the sight of her. I have a completely different opinion and perception of her than everyone else here on this board, so I keep far away from those threads.

You are not alone anymore. I feel exactly the same way about Marie and I rarely visit her threads for that reason. Everyone seems to love her and frankly I don't see the charm at all. Glad to hear I'm not the only one  Beer
I thought I was the only one ! Almost all the french people following the royals donít like her either

I appreciate the work she does highlighting and combating food waste buuuuut other than that Iím not much of a fan either. sheís good at playing the princess role but I think sheís a bit of a snob. She didnít present herself well when she and Joachim got together. Hopefully she has matured but when I see her she reminds me of one of those spoiled pampered poodles. There is a picture of her from her early days, Iím not sure if she and Joachim were married yet, that rubbed me the wrong way and I havenít been able to fully warm up to her after that. I feel like it captured her true character. Iíve searched for it but havenít been able to find it again but from what I remember she was out with a group of friends and they were walking down steps (at a stadium?? canít remember exactly) and there was a woman sitting on the steps and Marie stepped around her like she was peasant trash all the while beaming for the cameras. It just seemed so rude. I realize itís one small moment in time and may not have meant anything but sometimes thatís all it takes to set an opionion.
Sorry for all the quotes and sub quotes but SQ I fully agree  Thumb up

Remember you are just an extra in everyone else's play. Franklin D. Roosevelt
http://stream1.gifsoup.co...imatedgifs3/4465009_o.gif
LucyintheSky

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2018, 10:06:15 PM »

Like:
Madde/Chris + kids
Vic/Dan + kids
WaxMax + kids
Marie of Denmark
Izzy of Denmark (I have a soft spot for her).
Martha Louise
Felipe, Leti + the girls.
QEII
Sophie of Wessex
The Tindalls
Harald and Sonja
Chuck and Camilla - my controversial opinion here, but I think they don't deserve a lot of the hate they get. I think Camilla has been gracious in the face of a lot of hate from the Diana sugars when no one in that whole mess had clean hands. Chuck has shown himself on many occasions to be very loving towards his family, he has shown some liberal opinions despite his privilege, and I was impressed with how he acted towards Sparkle's mom at the wedding yesterday. He made sure she was never left alone to stand awkwardly.

On the fence with:
Waity (sometimes she really impresses me, other times I dislike her).
Jokke
The York Sisters - I feel like they were unprepared by their arrogant father to make their own way in life like they need to, and their mother keeps trying to be their friend instead of their mom. I pity them.
Harry (I liked him, but Sparkles drags him down. He has become whipped).
 Thumb up

LucyintheSky

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2018, 10:16:15 PM »

Favorite:
Kate
 (even though she isn't a board favorite, I bought into the hype of hers and William's wedding and have enjoyed following since)
Madeleine
Queen E
Marie

I don't really have a least favorite. Mary fascinates me, especially by what I read here. I mostly joined to chat about the BRF and SRF.

No worries on being the odd-man-out.  I'm the sole curator of Baudouin & Fabiola information here and I maintain the only Baudouin & Fabiola Blog anywhere in the universe. Do your thing - it enriches the overall quality of the forum, in my ever-so-humble.  Star

Hug
Star Hug Baudouin and Fabiola: Ethereal royalty: I particularly love this excerpt from your blog:

They did not live like royalty either physically nor primarily not spiritually.  He was a shepherd king and servant to his people who was forever grateful for the divine gift of his wife, whom he adored.
https://baudouin-fabiola.com/

Are there any shepherd kings or queens left?  Thinking

The only ones which come to mind are Jigme and Jetsun.

Thank you so much, my friend.  Star  Hug

I greatly appreciate that you recognize the key element which drives my great admiration for any monarch, and that is not only providing leadership (where permitted) but even more so being about the service of their people.  You post a very interesting and thought provoking question and answer.  I would agree that Jigme & Jetsun definitely fit the framework of shepherds and servants of their people.

Regarding the notion of a shepherd monarch - I find both King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Emperor Haile Selassie very much were cut from the same servant leader fabric. In that regard, I think monarchy as a form of government can be both highly desirable and imminently effective.  In countries striving to take big steps in nation building (Ethiopia, Thailand and some of the Middle East monarchies) or countries which often experience turmoil (Belgium with its constant cultural and linguistic struggles) I find that if there is a shepherd/servant minded monarch great things can happen. Great progress can be achieved. 

Other stand-out times of true leadership and service are:

• Juan Carlos believing in the power of democracy for the people of Spain after Franco
  • King Michael's work to remove Ion Antonescu and thus kill any possible alliance between Romania and Nazi Germany
  • Queen Wilhelmina's power play to get Dirk Jan de Geer and his Nazi appeasement aims dismissed as well as her midnight radio transmissions that buoyed the morale of her nation

For me, it's not about charisma. It's about character.
L, what a great post! I actually saved it on my phone. I feel the same way and you expressed it so eloquently. We may not like the people ( JC  Thumb down) but they did stand up and deliver.

Lady Excelsie

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2018, 05:02:42 PM »

I have to agree with everyone on the least/dislike category for Sofia of Sweden. Of all the royals born or by marriage, she is the epitome of uncharacteristically royal. It  is very difficult to find any sympathy, admiration, or any ounce of wanting to like Sofia. However, I have to admire her tenacity to keep an ignorant and clueless prince of Sweden in her web. I canít imagine any other royal men that would have fallen or married her.  Not even Harry. Wink perhaps Prince Andrew? Eh, maybe not. He is spineless. QE II would have stopped it in a heartbeat second.

CP Victoria and Dan
Princess Madeleine
QE II
Letizia and King Felipe - on/off

Dislike
Sofia and Cp Dead
Fergie - not even sure if sheís still considered a royal since she no longer married to Prince Andrew.
CG - he is uncharacteristically unroyal. He would have been a perfect match for Sofia as a commoner.

On the fence/meh Blink

Katey
Sparkles
Silvia
Mary
Marie
MM
(Notably, all these women became royals by marriage.) Thinking

Paulina

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2018, 02:39:14 AM »

Like:
Princess Stephanie of Monaco (I may be in a minority,  Tongue)
Queen Sonja of Norway
Queen Max of Netherlands
Letizia of Spain

Dislike:
Sofia in Sweden
Mary Bogan from Australia

Meh:
Meghan Sparkles
Cathy Cambridge
William Cambridge
Harry
MM & Haakon
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 09, 2018, 09:41:30 AM »

Stťphanie of Monaco is probably the nicest member of the family so I totally agree with you Paulina. She always strike me as down-to-earth, kind and not snobby at all.

I remeber hearing her speaking to a french radio just days before Albert & CharlŤne's twins were born. She said " I don't know if I'm having nephews or nieces, but they can come at any time and Auntie Steph is ready !" 

Pezzazz

Warned
Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 09, 2018, 08:46:42 PM »

A lot of great and some surprising responses. Most of the royals seem just ok, many are boring or too predictable, but a few stand out:

The Best

Nikolai of Denmark
Haakon
Meghan ó kind of a mess now, but I admire her courage coming from her family of origin
Letizia
Mohammad bin Salman (thus far?)
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2018, 07:23:40 PM »

Like:
Princess Stephanie of Monaco (I may be in a minorityTongue)
Queen Sonja of Norway
Queen Max of Netherlands
Letizia of Spain

Dislike:
Sofia in Sweden
Mary Bogan from Australia

Meh:
Meghan Sparkles
Cathy Cambridge
William Cambridge
Harry
MM & Haakon

You're not alone in liking Stephanie of Monaco.  I like her too.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2018, 07:48:48 PM »

I like her too. She comes across as someone who has a kind, gentle heart.

Fan of meghan

Baby Member

Brazil Brazil

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2018, 04:16:00 PM »

Favorites: Thumb up
Meghan, Duchess of Sussex
Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden
Masako, Crown Princess of Japan
Aiko, Princess Toshi
Queen Silvia of Sweden
King Harald V of Norway

Least favorite:  Thumb down
Alois, Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein  Real mad
Princess Charlene of Monaco/ Monaco's royal family
King Carl Gustav
Prince Andrew
Queen Mathilde
Princess Lalla Salma of Morocco

"I am proud to be a woman and a feminist" - Meghan Markle
Paulina

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2018, 09:52:28 PM »

Stephanie of Monaco loves animals, too, and has rescued elephants. I know sheís involved in the circus but she seems quite humane.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: