Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State Visit to Morocco : 9/11 January 2018  (Read 14966 times)
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 01:23:11 PM »

Thanks for posting lula  Star

More like a working visit than a state one,git the feeling the moroccan side are not to excited about this visit frol the start.

lula

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 03:26:16 PM »

When was the last time Morocco received a State Visit? In recent years they have organized few official visits, usually as brief as this, but not state visits. In general, their foreign relations have been very weak ... the heir of Luxembourg or Mary of Denmark visited the country and were not received by any member of the family.

The situation with Lalla Salma must also be uncomfortable for them, without official confirmation by the court, this will be the first royal event of international repercussion where her absence will be really news. Does anyone know that Lalla is working on the problem of abandoned children?
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 04:34:59 PM »

I like your Annalyse lula especially about Salma but i don't agree their foreign tied are weak on the contrary ...they don't need state visits no matter how important they are to re-enforce their ties with different countries the ones of EU especially:there wasn't any state visit to or from UK over 40 years but the relation are more than excellent same for Portugal,France,Germany,Belgium,USA......there are other ways for the bilateral work other than state visits

My humble opinion is that the Morocco/Spain relations always been difficult and always will be because of the shared history.

lula

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 05:15:58 PM »

State visits are part of international diplomacy, it is the highest level of exchange of relations between two countries ... all countries hold meetings and visits at official, governmental, ministerial level... and not for that reason they stop celebrating State Visits. Moreover, State visits between neighboring countries with common interests tend to be much more frequent. Relations between Spain and Morocco are close, as is normal between two neighboring countries with many interests in common, but also with points of friction. King Felipe travels with five ministers and many bilateral agreements to be signed. Mohammed VI, for his health problems or absences, has been very informal with visitors in recent years, not only has it been a problem with Spain.

About the visit of the UK 40 years ago, these days the British remember it on the occasion of the visit of the Sussex, and define it as the "tour from hell" for the continuous delays and changes of plans.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 05:42:13 PM »

I didn't deny the importance of state visits only they are not the start and the end in countries mutuel ties there are other channels..thats what i am saying..
No one noooooooooone can deny the excellent relations between France and Morocco tell me when the last state visit from  France took place or from Morocco to France ?
Macron and M6 have very very very good relation and they exchange visits despit King failing health he do visit France for work and Macron visits Morocco..tell me again when Macron made a state visit to Morocco?
The same goes for other countrie east and west
QEII state visit some 40 years ago were from hell ok..but how the relations are  now? More than great ...did they stop sending their royals to Mrocco? Ask the  Sussex ppl will tel you they don't..and let's asked Camilla and charles about their visit how it was...

My point is spain and Morocco have very complicated ties you are from Spain and i from Morocco (half Moroccan anyway lool)..we know how it is i dare to say it's hate/love affaire 

lula

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 06:19:55 PM »

The President of France has a political power ... all presidents visit Morocco on official visits or state visits and Mohammed VI responds to those visits (he also spends long periods in his palace in France).

For example, Spain and France alternate the State Visits ... Juan Carlos visited Chirac, Sarkozy visited Spain, Felipe visited Hollande and now Macron will visit Spain. But our Heads of Governments also hold meetings, trips and summits with the President of France.

The State Visits between monarchies have a protocol ... there is usually a visit by reign, and the new monarch visits the oldest one. King Juan Carlos visited Morocco in 1979, Hassan II Spain in 1989, Mohammed VI visited Spain in 2000 and Juan Carlos visited Morocco in 2005. Now it's Felipe's turn to visit Morocco, and 14 years have passed since the last visit.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »

Nice review  Star
That's proven then: state visits are not meant to happen too often wich mean as i said they are not the end and start of the countries bilateral ties.
Anyway glad the visit is taking place finally however i understand that Felipe as a new monarch have to do a state visit to Morocco as one of Spain important ally and i understand the frustration that the dely caused but Morocco situation should be taken in consideration too they will agree with a visit when they will get what they want from it i always suspected that was the matter not the King agenda or his health issues that was only a pretexst imo.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:36:08 PM by Rita » Logged

fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 07:48:14 PM »

Like in any other situations  in life, you tend to keep and cherish a good relationship with your closer neighbours. This is also the case with countries, where  more citizens and more important issues are at stake. The state of affairs in Spain has been,is  critical, to say the least,so our  King and Head of State has been unable or not enabled  to cultivate foreign relationships for most of his reign.But his third foreign visit as a new monarch  was to Morocco, in July 2014  (Vatican City, Portugal and Morocco). However, he has visited  just a few European countries and I suppose he would have travelled as a king to some other countries if home circumstances had been different.  Morocco and Spain are important to and need  each other.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2019, 08:00:14 PM »

Like in any other situations  in life, you tend to keep and cherish a good relationship with your closer neighbours. This is also the case with countries, where  more citizens and more important issues are at stake. The state of affairs in Spain has been,is  critical, to say the least,so our  King and Head of State has been unable or not enabled  to cultivate foreign relationships for most of his reign.But his third foreign visit as a new monarch  was to Morocco, in July 2014  (Vatican City, Portugal and Morocco). However, he has visited  just a few European countries and I suppose he would have travelled as a king to some other countries if home circumstances had been different.  Morocco and Spain are important to and need  each other.
couldn"t agree more fruela  Star
and the relations should be on balanced fundament without any hint of superiority to be successful.

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2019, 08:29:39 PM »

according to the Moroccan side it's an official visit not a state one

King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia on Official Visit to Morocco on Feb. 13-14, Ministry of Royal Household

http://www.mapnews.ma/en/...-feb-13-14-ministry-royal

the toppic title should be changed i think

lula

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2019, 09:21:24 PM »

For the Spanish Royal House and the Spanish Government it is a State Visit...  and it has always been planned as a State Visit. Maybe the problem is that in Morocco they do not really make a difference between one and the other.

http://www.casareal.es/ES...jes_detalle.aspx?data=820

Of course, Morocco has achieved what it wanted from Spain and from the European Union...  Roll Eyes... 
Paulina

Warned
Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2019, 09:32:24 PM »

I'm a little confused. Are Filipe and Letizia meeting the Hazbeens? Or they also have their own state visit? I think the latter, but reading I couldn't tell.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2019, 10:05:35 PM »

Harry a,d Meg visit is on Feb 23
Leti and Felipe from 13-14

ir's safe to say Felipe and Leti visit is far more big and more important for both side than the one of the Sussex although most probably theSussex visit will get more headlines

fruela

Small Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2019, 10:09:38 PM »

Paulina, KF and QL are going  on a state visit to Morocco 13-14 February. The Sussexes will visit 23-25 February.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2019, 10:10:20 PM »

For the Spanish Royal House and the Spanish Government it is a State Visit...  and it has always been planned as a State Visit. Maybe the problem is that in Morocco they do not really make a difference between one and the other.

http://www.casareal.es/ES...jes_detalle.aspx?data=820

Of course, Morocco has achieved what it wanted from Spain and from the European Union...  Roll Eyes... 

so the EU and Spain gained from Morocco's partnership this why it's called bilateral ties both parties are important to each other once all sides understand that life will be easy for them all to wok together

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: