Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William and Kate visit Sweden (January 30-31)  (Read 87018 times)
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2017, 08:38:03 PM »

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will make an official visit to Sweden from January 30 to 31, 2018. The programme of the visit will be announced later.

http://www.kungahuset.se/...931022afdcff38000355.html

January 23 - Victoria and Daniel will give an audience to H.E. Ambassador David Cairns on the occasion of the visit.
January 26 - Victoria and Daniel will be briefed by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs ahead of the visit.

--------------------------

So, I'm guessing Vic & Dan will be the "hosts" for this visit, like they were when Mary and Fred visited Sweden this summer. It's gonna be interesting to see what the official programme will look like.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 11:48:53 AM »

Confirmed: Vic & Dan are the hosts of the visit.

https://www.svenskdam.se/...dar-for-kate-och-william/

Silvia and CG will host a lunch for the Cambridges, but it's Vic & Dan who will accompany them on events
onar

Humongous Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 09:08:13 PM »

Thank you Lady Adelaide for the links, I'm so curious how two, more or less, lazy persons, that most of the times are not able to connect with the public and they do the least they can, how will react towards Vic and Dan who are always kind with other people and they have grown up through their official roles.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 06:07:17 PM »

On the first day of the visit, the King and Queen welcome the Ducal couple to Sweden by hosting a lunch at the Royal Palace. During the visit, the Ducal couple visits several different institutions and organizations. The Crown Princess couple participates in several of the program items and also receive the Ducal couple at Haga Palace.

https://www.royal.uk/swed...uke-and-duchess-cambridge
http://www.kungahuset.se/...99037b160d54f710263a.html

January 30
The royal couple hosts a lunch at the Royal Palace
The Crown Princess Couple and Ducal couple walk from Royal Palace to Stortorget
At Stortorget, their Royal Highnesses meet the public in the early afternoon.

The Crown Princess couple and the Ducal couple visit the Nobel Museum
Their Royal Highnesses visit the Nobel Museum for information on the Nobel Prize and its history as well as meeting former Nobel Prize winners.

Dinner at the British residence
The Crown Princess couple, together with the Ducal couple and representatives from government, parliament, business and culture, attend a dinner at the British ambassador's residence.

January 31
The Crown Princess couple and the Ducal couple visit Karolinska institutet and Matteusskolan
Their Royal Highnesses visit KI and then Matteusskolan to take part in the work to combat mental ill health among children and young people.

The Crown Princess couple and the Duke couple visit Nordiska Kompaniet
Their Royal Highnesses visit the NK department store to look an interactive exhibition about British design. They also meet representatives of British design and fashion companies operating in Sweden to learn more about companies' work, especially in sustainability issues.

The Crown Princess couple receives the Ducal couple at Haga Palace.

The Crown Princess couple and Ducal couple attend a reception at Fotografiska
Their Royal Highnesses attend a reception for Swedish cultural life with invited guests from the music, film, television, arts and sports world.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:40:08 PM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 09:12:08 PM »

Am i they only one that laughs at the "Ducal Couple".   Victoria and Daniel sound so cool as the "Crown Princess Couple" and William and Kate so lame.
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 10:14:06 PM »

Am i they only one that laughs at the "Ducal Couple".   Victoria and Daniel sound so cool as the "Crown Princess Couple" and William and Kate so lame.

Yeah, it does sound a little clunky.  I keep thinking, WHO?   Laughing

Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 10:52:48 PM »

So basically they do nothing except walk around and that counts as an engagement! I want that life.

I'm sorry Vic and Dan will have to deal with these rude, arrogant airheads.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 11:25:44 PM »

William and Kate are lucky that their superiors are willing to spend so much time with them. 

Estelle is actually his peer, but that wouldn't work for obvious reasons, and the next alternative would be Greaseball and Hoefia.  So, yeah, William and Kate are very lucky.

Hopefully William won't be a big bag of dicks to Dan this time like he was during the London Olympics.  Roll Eyes
lizzie78

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 04:58:37 AM »

They are going to a department store so you know someone will love that...girl can seriously shop  Tongue

I'd love to know what she plans on discussing with Nobel Prize winners...I hope we get some great new quotes!
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 05:11:28 AM »

William and Kate are lucky that their superiors are willing to spend so much time with them. 

Estelle is actually his peer, but that wouldn't work for obvious reasons, and the next alternative would be Greaseball and Hoefia.  So, yeah, William and Kate are very lucky.

Hopefully William won't be a big bag of dicks to Dan this time like he was during the London Olympics.  Roll Eyes

Actually Estelle could teach them a thing or two.
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 12:17:02 PM »

Actually Estelle could teach them a thing or two.

Exactly what I thought too 
diamond

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 10:11:59 PM »

Poor Victoria and Daniel having to host these two twerps, 10 mins. in their company would be too much.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 10:22:42 PM »

that must be the  unpleasant part of the job: meet the Cambridge 

NeroliPupuce

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 09:07:45 AM »

I remember their visit in Paris in last March. Their visit had no impact, except in glossy papers.
They have no real diplomatic sense. They met with a British school in Paris (whereas they could have met a real French school) and went to see a rugby match if I'm correct, Francs vs. Wales. The only good things in their schedule are that they visited the attacks victims in the Invalides hospital and they went to visit a famous museum, the Musée d'Orsay.
Former French President François Hollande received them and what did he think of them ? No one knows. But I suspect he didn't care of them and their visit, supposed to smooth the rough edges after the Brexit, was useless.
On the contrary, Macron's last visit to Theresa May seems to have had more impact since he gave an interview to the BBC and his visit was more documented in serious newspapers (and the Daily Mail).

So what will happen to the Swedish people ? I suspect the same thing will happen as with the French people.
PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »

Gert's Royals @Gertsroyals  5h
Sweden Palace says King's younger children will not participate in Cambridges visit next week.

Princess Madeleine (Pregnant, due in March) & husband Chris O'Neill will be in London, where they live.

Prince Carl Philip & Princess Sofia will still be on Holiday in South Africa.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Spacetime tells matter how to move; matter tells spacetime how to curve. ~JWheeler
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: