Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: William and Kate visit Sweden (January 30-31)  (Read 80333 times)
Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2018, 06:35:48 PM »

Dress by Erdem

Keen!
Mary Stuart

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2018, 06:36:37 PM »

Not her finest dress. Very 1970s. The mustard isn't helping either.

Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »

Urgh. No. Sorry, ugly dress.

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2018, 06:40:09 PM »

Erdem dress 1125,77 €

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2018, 06:40:18 PM »

I'm in the minority as I don't mind anyone wearing real fur. However, if a company says it is faux fur and they give you real fur, that sounds like bad business to me. I would assume real fur is significantly more expensive than the fake stuff.

not necessarily...fur farms in China, Russia and Norway keeping those animals in atrocious conditions. There are no real 1st-class fur farms. They don't care about the animal, but about its hair and skin. Real fur can be produced quite "cheaply".

In contrast to you I despise people wearing fur, because it is for fashion, no real use for it in our day and age, unless you are an Inuit living in the arctic (but they hunt themselves, and use the whole animal). There is also a danger to people with allergies to real animal hair. That's how a lot of consumers unmasked the fashion industry plot of selling real fur for "faux". Nevermind the bad energy wearing skin/hair from an animal that was kept in deplorable conditions, tortured, and killed only for humans to prance around with its remains.

Noodlesza

Gigantic Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2018, 06:40:26 PM »

Apparently its this one

Keen!
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2018, 06:40:56 PM »

Wow, that dress is utterly heinous. 1970 curtains anyone? Is she wearing it for the dinner this evening too? I assume so as he is in a tuxedo.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2018, 06:48:53 PM »

Hoooo Mama. That's faraway make-up again.

Guess we need this closeup to identify the gold filament in her hat.

Arctic fox from China = generic furry animal kept in atrocious circumstances only to be killed inhumanely for its skin.

yup, here you go...just like Yrma with those hats....doesn't give a rats ass about the well being of animals....main point...it's expensive and designer.

It's been cleared up - Kate is not wearing real fur.

just because a company says it's "faux fur" doesn't mean it is. So no, it's not cleared up - at all!

Consumers are used to faux fur being almost indistinguishable from the real thing. But, sometimes, it is the real thing. An investigation by the charity Humane Society International (HSI) found that British stores were selling fake fur items that had their origins not in synthetic fibres, but in real furry creatures.

In the US: Urban Outfitters mistakenly sold real fur labeled as “faux.” After discovering that a sweater he purchased from the store actually contained real fur, Joshua Katcher, publicly asked Urban Outfitters for an explanation. Urban Outfitters then responded by apologizing for its “unacceptable mistake” and said that the error originated from the product vendor’s factory in China.  Roll Eyes

So even if it is labled "faux fur" you really never know if your parka, snow jacket, coat has, hat has a faux fur trim or not.

Geez, I'm sorry.  As one can only go by what they are told by the designer, I thought taking the designer at their word meant it had been sorted.  I wasn't being pro-fur or anything.
Mary Stuart

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2018, 06:51:54 PM »

Wow, that dress is utterly heinous. 1970 curtains anyone? Is she wearing it for the dinner this evening too? I assume so as he is in a tuxedo.
Heinous is the perfect word.

lothwen

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2018, 06:54:27 PM »

I like the dress, but totally get that it's not for everyone. Mustard yellow is a go-to color for me. 
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2018, 06:56:46 PM »

I'm in the minority as I don't mind anyone wearing real fur. However, if a company says it is faux fur and they give you real fur, that sounds like bad business to me. I would assume real fur is significantly more expensive than the fake stuff.

I'm the same on the fur issue tbh.

It's become cheaper to use real fur instead of fake (esp when it's "little" things like lining or collars, not talking whole coats), because (as per a docu I saw) it takes ages and costs a lot of money to make the fake stuff appear as good as the real stuff (making the hair look real, soft, get the individual fake hair through the fabric etc). Demand is up for the fake stuff and they just don't have the time and will to work on the fake stuff as much as it takes, so it's become cheaper to just use the real thing. And I suspect that considering the work it takes to make the fake stuff, the fake stuff in the long run can't be cheaper than the real stuff.
Many companies lie, the uncovering of that was quite shocking (same docu as mentioned before). They sell it as "fake fur" to make the sale and appeal to a large crowd, and the amount of what was sold as "fake" but was real was crazy.
Basically, whether Kate's hat featured real or fake fur is hard to clear up, unless someone buys it and checks it (by touching it and inspecting it or making the fire test) or sends it to a lab..

Allergies aren't really to the hair though, but rather to some enzyme or sth from the spit of the animal, which animals of course use to clean themselves (licking themselves clean), which coats the fur and that's what people are really allergic to, not the hair itself (that's what a friend of mine told me, her ex-boyfriend is allergic and she's a huge cat lover, had 3 cats and he could never stay at her place).
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2018, 07:01:36 PM »

Topic here is the visit of W&K in Sweden. Not the use of fur. If anyone is up for that discussion, take it to the O/T section. We’re not moderating any discussions on fur.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2018, 07:03:14 PM »

One of the trends in the Stockholm fashion week held last week was “winter flowers”. Kate’s dress might not be for everyone but she’s right on concerning fashion in Sweden. Kudos to her stylist.
Ktc

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2018, 07:04:16 PM »

Looks like grandmas couch to me.
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2018, 07:10:19 PM »

Dress by Erdem

Are these from Dan's camera...? 

I feel like a weirdo trying to eye things in the room but where is this...? Is it at Haga Palace? I think I see a picture with Victoria in it in the back but I can't be sure. The dining room doesn't look like the one in Haga though...  Thinking

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: