Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry Events, News and Pictures  (Read 119223 times)
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« on: December 22, 2017, 04:32:50 AM »

The Queen has approved the appointment of Prince Harry as Captain General Royal Marines in succession to The Duke of Edinburgh. In his final duty as Captain General, The Duke received Major General Robert Magowan, Commandant General Royal Marines & Major General Charles Stickland, Commandant General Royal Marines Designate. Prince Harry was also present. | December 19, 2017

Below is a promo clip from Harry interviewing Former POTUS Obama (they are setting up in the clip). Harry was nervous lol. Prince Harry’s guest editorship of @BBCRadio4 Today programme on the 27th December will feature an interview with former US President @BarackObama. The interview focuses on their shared interest in building platforms for the next generation of young leaders.

The conversation with @BarackObama includes his memories of the day he left office and his hopes for his post-presidential life, including his plans to focus on cultivating the next generation of leadership through the @ObamaFoundation.

A segment of the interview will be broadcast on 27 December on the @BBCRadio4 Today Programme with the full interview available as a podcast.

Clip Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IC3II1i5yM

Prince Harry Attends the Sovereign’s Parade || December 15, 2017 in Camberley, England
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 05:05:39 AM »

I think it's extremely touching that Philip wanted to hand down the hon Captain Generalship of the Marines to his grandson Harry. It's a great honour really as Philip has been in that post since the beginning of Elizabeth's reign. I'm waiting as well for Harry to get an hon Colonelcy in a Household regiment so he doesn't ride in a carriage again at the Trooping but rides on horseback.

Am also pleased to see that Harry will interview Obama on Radio 4. These two men have a great jokey rapport, as well as a shared interest in youth and vets affairs. I'll be interested to hear the interview on the 27th.
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 05:29:45 AM »

I think it's extremely touching that Philip wanted to hand down the hon Captain Generalship of the Marines to his grandson Harry. It's a great honour really as Philip has been in that post since the beginning of Elizabeth's reign. I'm waiting as well for Harry to get an hon Colonelcy in a Household regiment so he doesn't ride in a carriage again at the Trooping but rides on horseback.

Am also pleased to see that Harry will interview Obama on Radio 4. These two men have a great jokey rapport, as well as a shared interest in youth and vets affairs. I'll be interested to hear the interview on the 27th.

Any older royals who will likely be retiring from a Household regiment? I know Andrew was just appointed to one.
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 05:46:53 AM »

^ I don't think Philip had any more Household ones than the one he handed down to Andrew, wisdom. There was talk a couple of years ago about an elderly Hon Colonel (non-Royal)  retiring and speculation that Harry might receive that but I haven't heard any more. At any rate it's unlikely to be next year as they only debut one new Royal on horseback at a time!

Incidentally, I did read that there was quite a scrap between the Marines and a paratroopers regiment over who would get Harry but the Marines won. He's likely to wear that uniform (which has hon field marshal rank) for his wedding, as it is much more senior to his old Blues and Royal substantial rank, and uniform which personally I thought Harry looked extremely good in!
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 06:04:50 AM »

Is this like an Honorary Coloneltcy (however you spell it, I'm tired lol) or just...a position with the Royal Marines? Harry deserves to be in Trooping on his own horse.

I've seen a lot of stuff on the Times copy of the CC of Harry doing stuff, but it's never mentioned in the online one! Meetings and so on lately.
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 06:15:22 AM »

Ellie, the position Harry's just inherited from his grandfather is senior to a regimental Colonelcy. It's hon or ceremonial head of the Marines, the whole shebang, anything and everything to do with the Marine corps.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 06:26:17 AM »

Ellie, the position Harry's just inherited from his grandfather is senior to a regimental Colonelcy. It's hon or ceremonial head of the Marines, the whole shebang, anything and everything to do with the Marine corps.

Honorary or Ceremonial=not really the head of the Marines.   

Like an honorary doctorate.   Roll Eyes

wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 06:34:15 AM »

^ I don't think Philip had any more Household ones than the one he handed down to Andrew, wisdom. There was talk a couple of years ago about an elderly Hon Colonel (non-Royal)  retiring and speculation that Harry might receive that but I haven't heard any more. At any rate it's unlikely to be next year as they only debut one new Royal on horseback at a time!

Incidentally, I did read that there was quite a scrap between the Marines and a paratroopers regiment over who would get Harry but the Marines won. He's likely to wear that uniform (which has hon field marshal rank) for his wedding, as it is much more senior to his old Blues and Royal substantial rank, and uniform which personally I thought Harry looked extremely good in!

Thanks! When I first heard the news I thought it meant Trooping, but I see now the difference.

I wonder what other things we will see Philip pass on to Harry. Philip had so many patronages, although I am sure many will not be passed on.

Philip looks very happy and proud!
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 06:43:17 AM »

Like an honorary doctorate.   Roll Eyes

Yeah, though I don't think people with honorary doctorates actually get to do anything with them. You get to dress up and have photos taken when the honorary degree is given to you, but I think that's it.  You get to stare it at on the wall, but nothing else happens.  The Captain General of the Royal Marines (a position which used to be known as Colonel in Chief, but which was changed to Captain General in 1948 for some reason) gets to dress up in a fancy uniform and March about and look splendid from time to time.  Harry will end up with a whole wardrobe full of fancy uniforms he gets to wear from time to time.   I would think the one he is entitled to wear because he actually earned it would be the most important one. 
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 06:46:02 AM »

Yeah, though I don't think people with honorary doctorates actually get to do anything with them. You get to dress up and have photos taken when the honorary degree is given to you, but I think that's it.  You get to stare it at on the wall, but nothing else flows from it.   The Captain General of the Royal Marines (a position which used to be known as Colonel in Chief, but which was changed to Captain General in 1948 for some reason) gets to dress up in a fancy uniform and March about and look splendid from time to time. 

So that's all he gets to do?  Put on a costume and ride in a parade?   Way to go, Harry.   Roll Eyes Laugh bounce Laughing Laugh bounce Laughing

Not exactly an accomplishment; although at the very least honorary doctorates are often given to people who've accomplished something other than being born. 

Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 06:47:19 AM »

Yeah, though I don't think people with honorary doctorates actually get to do anything with them. You get to dress up and have photos taken when the honorary degree is given to you, but I think that's it.  You get to stare it at on the wall, but nothing else flows from it.   The Captain General of the Royal Marines (a position which used to be known as Colonel in Chief, but which was changed to Captain General in 1948 for some reason) gets to dress up in a fancy uniform and March about and look splendid from time to time. 

So that's all he gets to do?  Put on a costume and ride in a parade?   Way to go, Harry.   Roll Eyes Laugh bounce Laughing Laugh bounce Laughing

Not exactly an accomplishment; although at the very least honorary doctorates are often given to people who've accomplished something other than being born. 

Alexander Skarsgard got an honorary doctorate from Leeds University where he studied for a while.  Make of that what you will.  And he did look absolutely smashing in his gown.
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 06:49:39 AM »

Now, objectively, does Alexander Skarsgard ever NOT look smashing  Halo
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2017, 07:09:53 AM »

Neat. So we could see Harry in Trooping, then? Versus sitting in a carriage? Though it isn't the Army so maybe not! I think it's a good thing Philip handed this down to Harry with Harry's work with Royal Marines charities and so on. Harry served in war zones, he knows the people, he knows their life, he would probably rather still live that life.
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 07:11:20 AM »

Neat. So we could see Harry in Trooping, then? Versus sitting in a carriage? Though it isn't the Army so maybe not! I think it's a good thing Philip handed this down to Harry with Harry's work with Royal Marines charities and so on. Harry served in war zones, he knows the people, he knows their life, he would probably rather still live that life.

No, not Trooping. Only the Household Regiments do Trooping and he hasn't been made a hon. col. of one of those yet.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2017, 05:09:11 PM »

The Queen has approved the appointment of Prince Harry as Captain General Royal Marines in succession to The Duke of Edinburgh. In his final duty as Captain General, The Duke received Major General Robert Magowan, Commandant General Royal Marines & Major General Charles Stickland, Commandant General Royal Marines Designate. Prince Harry was also present. | December 19, 2017

Below is a promo clip from Harry interviewing Former POTUS Obama (they are setting up in the clip). Harry was nervous lol. Prince Harry’s guest editorship of @BBCRadio4 Today programme on the 27th December will feature an interview with former US President @BarackObama. The interview focuses on their shared interest in building platforms for the next generation of young leaders.

The conversation with @BarackObama includes his memories of the day he left office and his hopes for his post-presidential life, including his plans to focus on cultivating the next generation of leadership through the @ObamaFoundation.

A segment of the interview will be broadcast on 27 December on the @BBCRadio4 Today Programme with the full interview available as a podcast.

Clip Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IC3II1i5yM

Prince Harry Attends the Sovereign’s Parade || December 15, 2017 in Camberley, England

Any news if the Obama's will be invited by Harry to his wedding??                 They seem to be friendly and have much in common
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: