Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry Events, News and Pictures  (Read 119285 times)
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2017, 08:12:39 PM »

Now, objectively, does Alexander Skarsgard ever NOT look smashing  Halo
Who is Alexander and what does he look like
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 08:27:11 PM »

Blonde vampire from True Blood1
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 08:28:46 PM »

Now, objectively, does Alexander Skarsgard ever NOT look smashing  Halo
Who is Alexander and what does he look like

Alexander Johan Hjalmar Skarsgård (born August 25, 1976) is a Swedish actor. He is best known for his roles as vampire Eric Northman on the HBO series True Blood, Meekus in Zoolander, Tarzan and Brad Colbert in the HBO miniseries Generation Kill. He is the son of Swedish actor Stellan Skarsgård.

PruNordstrom

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 11:20:49 PM »

An announcement about Harry's friend:
Van Straubenzee/Jenks engagement
__. The engagement was announced 22 December, 2017, between Charles Anthony van Straubenzee (born 1988), scion of that landed family, third son of Alexander Henry van Straubenzee (born 1951), of South Witham, Lincolnshire, by his wife the former Claire Sonia Fenwick (born 1954), & Daisy Philippa Jenks (born 1991), elder daughter of Philip Richard Jenks, of Churt, Surrey, by his wife the former Alexandra Ulrike Wilson Nicol, daughter of Alexander J.W. Nicol by his wife Christine von Canstein.

Source: Peerage News blog

Daisy and her sister have a business together as wedding videographers.

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2017, 07:31:33 PM »

Ellie, the position Harry's just inherited from his grandfather is senior to a regimental Colonelcy. It's hon or ceremonial head of the Marines, the whole shebang, anything and everything to do with the Marine corps.

Honorary or Ceremonial=not really the head of the Marines.   

Like an honorary doctorate.   Roll Eyes

Yeah, though I don't think people with honorary doctorates actually get to do anything with them. You get to dress up and have photos taken when the honorary degree is given to you, but I think that's it.  You get to stare it at on the wall, but nothing else flows from it.   The Captain General of the Royal Marines (a position which used to be known as Colonel in Chief, but which was changed to Captain General in 1948 for some reason) gets to dress up in a fancy uniform and March about and look splendid from time to time. 

So that's all he gets to do?  Put on a costume and ride in a parade?   Way to go, Harry.   Roll Eyes Laugh bounce Laughing Laugh bounce Laughing

Not exactly an accomplishment; although at the very least honorary doctorates are often given to people who've accomplished something other than being born. 

Alexander Skarsgard got an honorary doctorate from Leeds University where he studied for a while.  Make of that what you will.  And he did look absolutely smashing in his gown.

Oh, Alex is far too wondrous to be placed into a Harry thread...
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2017, 09:37:19 AM »

Harry is guest editing on the BBC 4 Radio today. I just got a BBC news alert about his interview with president Obama which surprised me. I forgot I still had BBC news alerts lol. The BBC is stating this is one of Obama's first sit down interview since leaving the WH.

Harry also interviews his father, the Prince of Wales. It is an great bit. And you really realize how much they sound alike lol. Couldn't always tell who was talking!

Harry's program will also include pieces on youth empowerment, the military and mental health. Harry has also specifically asked for a focus on women's sports and especially rugby  Champagne Will post more as it becomes available.

LINK TO LIVE RADIO PROGRAM: https://www.bbc.co.uk/rad...o/player/bbc_radio_fourfm

Prince Harry is the guest editor for BBC Radio 4's Today programme on Wednesday.

The prince has interviewed former US President Barack Obama and his father, the Prince of Wales, for the programme.

The programme is focusing on issues such as the armed forces, mental health, youth crime and climate change - a cause his father also champions.

It is the 14th year public figures have been in control of the show's output between Christmas and New Year.

BBC Radio 4 Today

@BBCr4today
Good morning. Today's guest editor is Prince Harry. We'll be discussing the armed forces, conservation and mental health #r4today http://bbc.in/2DWeaLD

Prince Harry spent Christmas at Sandringham with other members of the Royal Family, and his fiancée Meghan Markle.

Obama's departure
The programme is being presented by Justin Webb and Sarah Montague.

It also featured an audio diary recorded by Prince Harry in Toronto at the Invictus Games, the Paralympic-style competition for injured service personnel he launched in 2014.

Prince Harry (with his back to the camera) in the Today studio with presenters Justin Webb and Sarah Montague
Image caption
Prince Harry in the Today studio with presenters Justin Webb and Sarah Montague
During the programme, Prince Charles will say he has "bored you [the prince] to tears over so many years" with discussions on the environment.

Meanwhile, President Obama will reflect on his time in office and voice concerns about the direction the United States is moving in.

He will warn that social media is stopping normal conversations and talk about the responsibility of people in positions of leadership.

He will also express concern about a future where facts are discarded and people just read and listen to things that reinforce their own views.

In one of his first interviews since leaving office, the former president will also reflect on the day he handed over power to Donald Trump.

Despite feeling satisfied, he will say it was "mixed with all the work that was still undone."

"Concerns about how the country moves forward but, you know, overall there was serenity there," he will say.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 09:47:26 AM by wisdomheaven » Logged
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 09:54:49 AM »

Harry interviewing Charles. Very warm interview 

Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2017, 10:08:02 AM »

Awww, Harry and his dad!   I'll have to listen to that. I don't give a fig what Obama has to say, though.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2017, 10:23:24 AM »

I wonder if Harry's first question to Obama will be "what is it like to have achieved a position of power and influence in the world through your own talents and merits, and not merely through an accident of birth?"

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2017, 12:05:32 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...-fantastic-Christmas.html

In these pictures Harry is very cool.
But I guess it sounds better in Italian: Che figo!😍👍🏻
Che figo has a sexy undertone,not only cool but also sexy and a bit of a rebel,with or without a cause.🇮🇹
masha
Banned
Banned
Small Member

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 04:33:48 PM »

Harry said of Meghan "she did an 'amazing job' settling in and that 'it's the family she never had' -that's pretty chicky of him, she has a family, a wonderful mother, Harry sometimes is really thick

gudgeon

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 05:03:55 PM »

Harry said of Meghan "she did an 'amazing job' settling in and that 'it's the family she never had' -that's pretty chicky of him, she has a family, a wonderful mother, Harry sometimes is really thick

I took Harry's quote to mean siblings and niece/nephew, especially as he's also quoted as having said that he and Meghan stayed with W&K and had fun running around with George and Charlotte. He's already said Doria is "amazing" so I seriously doubt he is talking about Meghan's mother. Siblings on the other hand   Whistle  ...her siblings are pretty awful and she has little to no relationship with them.

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 05:05:22 PM »

I didn't realize Harry was actually in studio today for this. An excellent program that obviously had a lot of time and effort behind it  Champagne

gudgeon

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 05:07:14 PM »

Harry is guest editing on the BBC 4 Radio today. I just got a BBC news alert about his interview with president Obama which surprised me. I forgot I still had BBC news alerts lol. The BBC is stating this is one of Obama's first sit down interview since leaving the WH.

Harry also interviews his father, the Prince of Wales. It is an great bit. And you really realize how much they sound alike lol. Couldn't always tell who was talking!

Star Star thanks for this, wisdomheaven! I can't WAIT to hear the Obama interview  Jumping  And Charles too - I hadn't realized he had interviewed his dad as well.

If anyone wants the links to the podcasts, they can be found here:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/prog...2nrtvg/episodes/downloads

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 05:10:28 PM »

Well this is a nice article from the Guardian, which is rare for Harry lol. It truly was a well done program. Also great to read that Harry was more hands on.

Today programme’s royal coup was smart move for BBC and Prince Harry
Kensington Palace and the Beeb are both likely to be celebrating success of prince’s rare foray into media world

https://www.theguardian.c...-for-bbc-and-prince-harry

Prince Harry has provided an unprecedented insight into the issues that he considers important and his relationship with his father, Prince Charles, by guest-editing BBC Radio 4’s Today programme. But agreeing to edit one of the BBC’s flagship current affairs programmes has also shone a light on the royal family’s approach to the media.

The prince’s edition of Today has been broadly well received, with presenter Sarah Montague praising the 33-year-old as more hands-on than other guest editors and Catherine Mayer, author of a 2015 biography on Prince Charles, describing it as a “stunning public relations feat”.

Attracting the royal to edit Today – one of the BBC’s flagship current affairs programme – will be seen as a coup within the BBC, as will his interview with Barack Obama, which is the first that the former US president has granted since his term in office ended in January.

The prince has had a notoriously rocky relationship with the press. Last year he criticised coverage of his relationship with Meghan Markle, accusing the media of introducing “racial overtones” into comment pieces.

However, agreeing to guest edit Today fits with the broader media strategy adopted by the younger members of the royal family – they are willing to open up but on their terms. The prince has tried to take more control of his communications and image with the general public – often using social media to bypass traditional media outlets – and Today provided another platform to discuss issues that matter to him.

Mayer, who is also the co-founder of the Women’s Equality party said the interview between Prince Harry and Prince Charles could help the different generations of the royal family be more closely aligned as a brand.

She said on social media: “You cannot separate the man from the office and for the same reason BBC Radio 4’s Today decision to give a substantial platform to royalty will raise concerns among republicans but also traditionalists, who fear that royalty espousing causes sacrifices ‘neutrality’ and weakens the institution.

“Republicans are right to worry. Prince Harry’s Today was a stunning public relations feat that achieved several different goals at once – showcasing the utility of royalty and building the brand, aligning his ‘young royals’ brand and his father’s.

“Republicans do struggle to get a hearing, because of bias and also the movement’s own weaknesses. But bigger forces are also at play. Those who believed the end of the Elizabethan age signalled republicanism’s best chance now find themselves staring at a royal resurgence.”

In a sign of how much interest the royal family can take in interviews, the editor of Channel 4 News said that he had been asked to sign a 14-page contract before interviewing Prince Charles.

Ben de Pear said: “I wonder if Prince Harry or Today had to sign the 14-page contract including clauses ceding editorial control, pre-approved questions & final cut to Prince Charles I was sent when Channel 4 News was offered HRH.”

Prince Harry addressed Prince Charles as “pa” in the interview and a large portion was dedicated to climate change. When asked by Prince Harry what issue he wanted to focus on in 2018, Prince Charles said: “I think you know because I have probably bored you to tears for so many years. I mean there is a whole lot of things that I have tried to focus on over all these years that I feel needed attention. Not everyone else did but, maybe now, some years later they are beginning to realise that what I was trying to say may not have been quite as dotty as they thought.”

As well as interviewing Prince Charles and Obama, Prince Harry spoke to the co-founder of artificial intelligence company DeepMind, Demis Hassabis, and personally asked boxer Anthony Joshua to appear on the programme.

Other topics that Today explored during Prince Harry’s edition were the armed forces, youth violence, mental health, conservation, women’s rugby and the future of the Commonwealth.

He chose Abdurahman Saye from al-Manaar Muslim Cultural Heritage Centre in North Kensington, which has been helping residents following the Grenfell Tower fire, to conduct the programme’s Thought for the Day and also played grime music made by a Nottingham-based charity at the start of the show.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: