Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry Events, News and Pictures  (Read 81627 times)
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: August 25, 2018, 05:47:59 AM »

Yeah , not the hair one   
Maybe Scotland? I saw the tail end of the video on some  H and M special on in the US last night

Champagne  Thanks for trying to help me out.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/...ine-prince-harry-11875157

Here you go

royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: August 25, 2018, 06:30:45 PM »

Yeah , not the hair one   
Maybe Scotland? I saw the tail end of the video on some  H and M special on in the US last night

Champagne  Thanks for trying to help me out.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/...ine-prince-harry-11875157

Star  Thank you!

Here you go

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
genever

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: August 25, 2018, 09:54:36 PM »

Interesting discussion. I definitely have a slightly different take than many here, but y'alls posts have given me a lot of food for thought.

I think Harry certainly is a product of his upbringing with the good and the significant bad that comes along with it. He has said things that have made me roll my eyes (The NW interview), but also many things I found genuine. He is not perfect, but no one is (and I am not saying anyone here is claiming Harry has to be, to be clear). I mean I love and respect Obama as a public figure and leader but there have been plenty of times that you can tell the insulation that comes with being in such a vaunted position has informed or clouded his views, even though he didn't start there. I think that is something that is impossible to always get pass. We all have our moments when our views are clouded by our own understanding or positionality. Or I know I do at least.

I think Harry is different though than his brother. I also think both Harry and his brother are much more down to earth than their father who is definitely a man of his time. I got into royal watching because I met Mary a few times through work, got swept up in the fever around the Cambridge wedding, but stayed because of the work and passion that Harry showed for his causes (and my sugar for Letizia). I still find Harry to have the most creative vision for his work of the younger set for the BRF. He does do a lot of work behind the scenes and is willing to put in the hard-work to get something off the ground like with Invictus, Sentebale (which required some course correcting) and Full Effect. Yes, he has help and hires good people, but to a T folks tell stories on stories of how involved he is in every little detail. Now, some can believe that is PR fluff, but the sheer amount of these anecdotes for both his bigger projects, but also smaller ones, lead me to believe there is truth in that. On top of that, he takes the briefings and information he receives seriously. Folks remark a great deal about how much he knows about who he is meeting, what they do and so on. This is basic stuff, but IMO its the real meat of being a royal and Harry does it well. That should be a given, but we have seen it isn't always.

I respect him more because of his choice of wife. Meghan has great potential IMO. She wasn't an obvious choice, and I do not think it was all roses when the Firm found out either. But they seem like equal partners. I do not see her mothering him or him playing knightly prince. They seem to equally support one another in public and have great affection. I personally thought the letter Harry released was a sterling moment. I didn't read it as him telling the media what to do, but as rightly calling out the bs on their racism, misogyny and classism. There is a lot of racism in the critiques and attention Meghan receives. I am not saying every one who doesn't like her or who critiques her is racist but I do think many folks wanted Harry with a good English Rose and are not pleased he didn't go for that. Meghan has had her missteps (engagement dress was dumb, VF interview was also dumb), as to be expected. Every new royal wife does, no matter how smart, savvy or professional. But she has been in the UK full time for less than a year and has IMO shown signs she is taking the role seriously and doing the background work to make the right choices for her patronages and causes. As with other royal women, she will need time to find her bearings. The life of a royal is unlike anything else and anyone would need time to adjust.

I also do not think Harry's popularity has dimmed with the general public to be frank. I think certainly it has with some folks here, and I see folks points of views and respect them, and the DM comment section is so erratic that its never a good barometer of public sentiment. Some old school royal watchers are not pleased with his choice of bride (but they also love the likes of Stephanie of Lux so...) and some Harry fanatics were always going to sour once he settled down because their fantasy boyfriend is off the market. But overall, I think this relationship has brought a lot of renewed interest in the family.

I think Harry has matured in the time I have started royal watching. He needs to do more engagements, to be sure, much more. He needs to repair his relationship with the press, even if the press can be unreasonable. He needs to continue to build on the work he has been doing while also doing the more mundane and every day cutting ribbons work as well. I think he is in a period of transition right now as he and Meghan begin to think long term about their work and role. Growing pains are certainly evident as they try to find that tone and direction. I think for example, we will see IG move further away from the cult of personality around Harry to a more independent entity which IMO is a good thing that probably should have happened sooner. So while it will still be a focus for Harry and something he champions, I expect more energy to be channeled into newer projects now as well. I am excited to see what that brings.

Star Star Star Star Star Star

Forgot to say  Good post WH - very fair. I'm no 'sugar' for any royal but I agree with much of what you said.
rosella

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: August 29, 2018, 04:14:19 AM »

Harry has received the Founders Award for 2018 from the Royal Canadian Legion (the large organisation in Canada that represents hundreds of thousands of Canadian vets.) The award was given for founding and promoting the Invictus Games. Well done, Harry, a pat on the back for you. It's good that your work with vets over many years is recognised by them and the organisations they represent.

https://www.benzinga.com/...recipient-of-the-2018-fou
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 04:21:36 AM by rosella » Logged
Eliza B

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: August 30, 2018, 03:01:32 PM »

I think her makeup is almost there but she has to put down the bronzer on her cheeks. Her hair is nice as well.

I don't like the tuxedo dress, after seeing the Judy picture, I can now only see that same jacket worn by every singer/actress/model/prodgeny taking their spin in Chicago as Roxy Hart.

The dress is fairly expensive but I would have guessed from Zara (old style from Zara below:)

Her demeanor is very Mary; very excited to be seen and lauded. I think that's what resonates with a lot on this board.  If I'm optimistic this is honeymoon phase nerves and it will end,  if I'm cynical it's the realization of the fame she wanted from acting but received through a tiara.

Edit: I just realized I put this in the Harry thread not their joint one.  I apologize.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:51:04 PM by Eliza B » Logged
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: August 30, 2018, 03:56:20 PM »

We've been told that she has allegedly met with 100 organizations (no proof so take it with a grain of salt) so she will soon be too busy saving the world and teaching the savages the correct way to live (ergo Hazmat's words) to mug for the cameras.  At least, that's what the PR has led us to believe.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Duchess of Suffolk

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: September 14, 2018, 04:12:30 AM »

The Duke of Sussex arrives at @CommandoTRG for the first time since taking over the role of Captain General Royal Marines from his grandfather, The Duke of Edinburgh, in 2017

The @CommandoTRG is also home of the @theRMcharity & a number of welfare groups.
His Royal Highness joins a weekly family group for a chat & to learn more about their work.

Meeting the @WeAreInvictus Racing Team

rosella

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: September 14, 2018, 05:11:01 AM »

Glad to see that Peppa Pig was there to see Harry, also that he had a chance to chat to the new recruits and family groups. He met the IG racing team as well, and enjoyed that I'm sure.
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: September 14, 2018, 02:37:33 PM »

Both Wales boys need to burn those suede shoes. So awful.

Curtains

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: September 14, 2018, 03:25:19 PM »

Heís so much more focused without MM.  Really pays attention to the people he is meeting and isnít ďcutesyĒ.

That right-hand-to-midsection thing is so ingrained with him now.  I think it started as a calming and centering device and now itís so irksome.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: September 14, 2018, 04:21:06 PM »

Like his brother, Harry seems so much more involved and relaxed with the wife isn't with him.
Antevorta

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: September 14, 2018, 04:38:21 PM »

At least he isn't in a blue suit for once...baby steps.
Oh_Caroline

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: September 14, 2018, 11:01:23 PM »

Frankly he should have been in a suit instead of chinos and a sports coat.   This was not a casual event...he was reviewing troops for god's sake.   Nope I like my royal men in suits and leather shoes (or fancier).
NAOTMAA

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: September 15, 2018, 03:55:58 AM »

yup, and the next step is hopefully buttoning his jacket!   Banana
lisadug

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: September 15, 2018, 01:07:02 PM »

Lol! My thoughts exactly!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: