Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan News and Events  (Read 82746 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #780 on: February 13, 2018, 01:59:59 PM »

The thing is... if they want to keep visits private, they can. But they obviously didn't.

Exactly. Interesting also that it's the horrible disaster that got the most media attention (national and international). And all the major royals have been there or met victims at least once. I think this is covered by the RF just fine. No need for additional support especially when there have been other events with less media attention where victims could need a little RF support. Sorry, I'm still not buynig her "I care so much" act. Not after THAT dress.

Which other events are you referring to please? I am not aware of anything else that has occurred on the scale of Grenfell so would be interested to learn more.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #781 on: February 13, 2018, 02:23:20 PM »

The thing is... if they want to keep visits private, they can. But they obviously didn't.

Exactly. Interesting also that it's the horrible disaster that got the most media attention (national and international). And all the major royals have been there or met victims at least once. I think this is covered by the RF just fine. No need for additional support especially when there have been other events with less media attention where victims could need a little RF support. Sorry, I'm still not buynig her "I care so much" act. Not after THAT dress.

Which other events are you referring to please? I am not aware of anything else that has occurred on the scale of Grenfell so would be interested to learn more.

Re Suzy: Actually, the royals were really initially critiqued for not doing more in response to Grenfell. And it is possible that maybe one of her future patronages will have something to do with Grenfell. Plus, it rights there near them at KP, I believe. Why not do some private visits and learn about the work the Royal Foundation is doing there?

At the end of the day, IMO what matters in terms of royals is if the people they meet feel like it was a positive interaction which seems to be the case here, if one believes the article. Meghan can't start any programs or anything yet, but she can take the time to learn NOW and really jump in a more substantive way once she is married. In the meantime, meeting with folks and making a connection is important pre-wedding---and exactly what she needs to be doing.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 02:31:10 PM by wisdomheaven » Logged
genever

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #782 on: February 13, 2018, 02:35:19 PM »

Apart from forcing people to sign a confidentiality agreement how can they enforce silence, and why would they? I imagine it was made clear that Meghan was visiting in a private capacity but if someone wanted to comment on it (favourably or otherwise) they could hardly be stopped. That's hardly a PR move imo.

Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #783 on: February 13, 2018, 02:45:52 PM »

Apart from forcing people to sign a confidentiality agreement how can they enforce silence, and why would they? I imagine it was made clear that Meghan was visiting in a private capacity but if someone wanted to comment on it (favourably or otherwise) they could hardly be stopped. That's hardly a PR move imo.

I agree  Smiley Thumb up Star
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #784 on: February 13, 2018, 04:32:44 PM »

Awww, Peeds Hug I am still laughing here Laugh bounce Laugh bounce Laugh bounce
DejaVu

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #785 on: February 13, 2018, 05:54:19 PM »

PeDe  Laugh bounce

That's one of the benefits of this board: I learned about phrases like "going commando" (thanks to the efforts of some royals covering every area of human behaviour).

Thank you for sharing!   Hug

Aubiette

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #786 on: February 13, 2018, 06:01:53 PM »

So true!  Star
Paulina

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #787 on: February 13, 2018, 06:03:14 PM »

You cannot make more of a fool of yourself than I have, being introduced to my VP by my director and trying to express how German efficiency works, by saying "I and everything else would go commando" and use the word "zack, zack"  Blink  Dead  Blush  Laugh bounce  I didn't know if should resign immediately, or pretend I just had some kind of stroke.

[/quote]

*spits coffee on computer.* Made my morning, PeDe! 
wisdomheaven

Gigantic Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #788 on: February 14, 2018, 08:58:02 AM »

Deep sigh

Twitter Bans GOP Contender For Racist Tweet Targeting Meghan Markle
https://www.npr.org/secti...t-targeting-meghan-markle

Twitter has banned Paul Nehlen, a Republican challenging House Speaker Paul Ryan for a congressional seat, for a racist tweet targeting American actress Meghan Markle, the fiancée of Prince Harry.

This week, the Natural History Museum in London released images of Cheddar Man, a dark-skinned Mesolithic man believed to be one of the oldest modern humans in Britain. Nehlen posted the couple's official engagement photo with Cheddar Man's face superimposed on Markle's, who is biracial. He captioned the tweet, "Honey does this tie make my face look pale?"

Harry and Markle, set to wed in May, have dealt extensively with online harassment. In 2016, months into their relationship, Harry released an official statement decrying the "racial undertones" of abuse targeted toward Markle.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #789 on: February 14, 2018, 09:42:27 AM »

Wow! Just wow!

What a piece of shit!

Lady Lurker

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #790 on: February 14, 2018, 09:47:44 AM »

Deep sigh

Twitter Bans GOP Contender For Racist Tweet Targeting Meghan Markle
https://www.npr.org/secti...t-targeting-meghan-markle

Twitter has banned Paul Nehlen, a Republican challenging House Speaker Paul Ryan for a congressional seat, for a racist tweet targeting American actress Meghan Markle, the fiancée of Prince Harry.

This week, the Natural History Museum in London released images of Cheddar Man, a dark-skinned Mesolithic man believed to be one of the oldest modern humans in Britain. Nehlen posted the couple's official engagement photo with Cheddar Man's face superimposed on Markle's, who is biracial. He captioned the tweet, "Honey does this tie make my face look pale?"

Harry and Markle, set to wed in May, have dealt extensively with online harassment. In 2016, months into their relationship, Harry released an official statement decrying the "racial undertones" of abuse targeted toward Markle.

Geez, why was this comment even needed.  Totally unnecessary remark by Mr. Nehlen.
AddiesGirl

Warned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #791 on: February 14, 2018, 10:02:14 AM »

Can we please not bring up the 'r' word again, please? It's not even news about her really, it's news about some stupid nutjob politician. Just my two cents worth, going back to my corner.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #792 on: February 14, 2018, 01:46:25 PM »

Re Suzy: Actually, the royals were really initially critiqued for not doing more in response to Grenfell. And it is possible that maybe one of her future patronages will have something to do with Grenfell. Plus, it rights there near them at KP, I believe. Why not do some private visits and learn about the work the Royal Foundation is doing there?

At the end of the day, IMO what matters in terms of royals is if the people they meet feel like it was a positive interaction which seems to be the case here, if one believes the article. Meghan can't start any programs or anything yet, but she can take the time to learn NOW and really jump in a more substantive way once she is married. In the meantime, meeting with folks and making a connection is important pre-wedding---and exactly what she needs to be doing.

I know they were criticised in the beginning and they did what they always do. Suddenly they all visited (and even promised to come back) and met families and first repsonders and so on. Of course it's their job and that is the support that is needed and wanted but I do not like the BRF way in this. Their damage control is often over the top. IMO there is a lack of balance where they turn up and when. A few months before the Grenfell Tower there was a terrorist attack and I do not remember so much RF involvement of so many royals over such a long time.

But IMO it fits a pattern. The usual royal work of the younger generation is not well balanced. Like a disher said a few pages before they visit mostly around London or the main cities. It's also events that get the most (and ongoing) tabloid attention. I hoped that with Meg's background being different from the royals and her allegedly wanting to do it her way there would be some changes. But after this alleged visit and her recent involvement in Harry's charity I doubt she will bring the (imo) necessary changes.
JMO

Meghan Markle in Vanity Fair: "I'll never define myself by my relationship."
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #793 on: February 14, 2018, 06:20:51 PM »

I totally get what you are saying Suzy, but I am going to give her a pass until she becomes Mrs Windsor. Then I will critique her with the same low bar I use for the rest of the  BRF . Laughing
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #794 on: February 14, 2018, 07:05:39 PM »

Can we please not bring up the 'r' word again, please? It's not even news about her really, it's news about some stupid nutjob politician. Just my two cents worth, going back to my corner.

While we don't want posters here to discuss racism, I find it very relevant to get information about the racial abuse Meghan is put through. It's all part of the BRF history now.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: