Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 229   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan News and Events  (Read 423929 times)
Princess Jasmine

Mini Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #1230 on: April 16, 2018, 11:29:26 AM »

I do wonder what Haz really thinks of all these stories. And what his family has to say... It is all not flattering.
rosella

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1231 on: April 16, 2018, 11:35:39 AM »

I doubt that any of the BRF are fans of tabloid journalism. And we know that Charles for one never reads any.
Princess Jasmine

Mini Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #1232 on: April 16, 2018, 12:12:06 PM »

But they are informed. Know what the buzz is...
Olya

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #1233 on: April 16, 2018, 12:36:58 PM »

They all may claim they don't read tabloid journalism or XY, but they absolutely do. And when they don't, they have others read it and rely to them. They most certainly know what is being written and said, and they also have to, like any celebrity they have to know how and what the public is feeling and thinking, it's part of "staying on top of it all".
It's also known and proven that they leak stuff themselves to papers, sometimes deliberately to those with no reputation (The Sun as example), to gauge the public's reaction.
They may hate the media, but they need the media and their relationship in its core has never changed: it is a necessity and a give-and-take deal.
rosella

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1234 on: April 16, 2018, 12:51:05 PM »

They're not fans of it though. And they know how tabloid journalism operates. Including the Queen (at the time of Diana's death) they've all been victims of it, at one point or another.
genever

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #1235 on: April 16, 2018, 12:55:28 PM »

I imagine that the BRF is well aware that the Mail is a racist, homophobic, classist rag. Meghan, being neither white nor British, will never really be acceptable to it or to large swathes of its 'readership'.

The Mail doesn't really consider itself to be a tabloid; rather it sees itself as a 'miniature broadsheet' that is somehow superior to the 'red top' tabloids. 
RoyalMusings

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1236 on: April 16, 2018, 03:00:27 PM »

Great posts, rosella and genever!  Star  Star
rosella

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1237 on: April 16, 2018, 03:05:21 PM »

Thanks RoyalMusings.  Star
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #1238 on: April 16, 2018, 09:32:13 PM »

Do you mean the trashy Markle relatives, perhaps --half siblings like Samantha Grant who trashed Meghan for months online and in the media, got money for interviews doing so, and then wanted a wedding invite? The other members who sold photos to the tabloids and are even now whining about invitations? Or the ex friend, who as soon as Meghan got engaged, ran to the DM with photos, videos and the story she sold for very big bucks?

People who have said nice things, like Corey and his mother and several of Meghan's friends (Lindsey Roth, Heather Druro and others) in past months, had their favourable comments buried under pile of twisted snark and spite in articles in the Fail and others.

If one side is wrong why should we assume the other side that praises Meg like crazy is right? They could be wrong as well and only want an invite to a televised wedding or to be known as friend of future royalty or just want to visit a palace and a Prince. Apparently that can be good for business and getting media attention.

I think it's not about people talking to the press. Both sides of her family sold pics, old friends sold their stories, just like her PR team did and does and she herself did/does. But IMO her actions speak louder than all of that. Like lothwen said, if she wanted to be a real humanitarian she could have been for many years. She could have been involved in real charity work for decades if this was what she truly cared about but she did nothing like that. That's something no amount of sugary stories can erase. JMO
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #1239 on: April 16, 2018, 09:44:47 PM »

Why is it that PR rep Gina Nelthorpe-Cowne and tabloid the Daily Fail are considered so blindingly honest about all these incidents regarding Meghan ? The Fail has been on a 'let's pick Meghan Markle to bits' campaign ever since the engagement, and Gina has her own axe to grind. Every statement of hers about Meghan  in the article was supposedly admiring in tone but actually was a back handed compliment.

And why? Could it be that because the association between Meghan and the PR firm Gina works for ended in not very friendly fashion in 2016, she has her own axe to grind with her and so has magnified certain things (or the DM has completely made them up)?

Surely not? Everybody knows that the DM is not that sort of newspaper (never, never!) nor do ex employees  ever say anything bad about their clients/bosses after their job ends! And that's what Gina was to Meghan. Not a close friend at all,  but an employee, someone hired to represent a client. And for a PR representative to give an interview to a tabloid about an ex client is, one might say, neither professional, nor discreet.

Because it speaks to a pattern of behaviour. All these different people from different parts and times in her life got together and decided to tell the same story to the press? That's pretty unlikely.
This! I couldn’t agree more.  Star
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #1240 on: April 16, 2018, 11:46:34 PM »

The truth with Meghan, as with everyone IMO, is probably somewhere in the middle. I actually DO think she is genuinely committed to her causes and we have proof of that dating back years. Even her detractors have all been consistent that her passion for women's right is indeed very genuine and deeply felt.

Is she also someone who cares about her public persona? Yeah, not a big deal IMO. You have to ruthlessly guard that in the industry she comes from. Is she ambitious? Of course. Is part of her interest, initially, in Harry maybe because of his position? Perhaps, and I will argue that is true for each and every one of the royal wives, yes even my favorites Letizia and Sophie. But I think they stick around for love or something resembling that. Maybe naive of me, but there you have it.

Is Meghan a sell out to her beliefs? Well, again this is highly influenced by where I work and live, but when you are in politics and position of power you make compromises to achieve a higher good or broader good. I can see how Meghan sees that the sacrifices that come with being a royal are worth it for a platform to effect change.

Will Meghan flee when the attention turns away? Sophie may not get a lot of DM coverage, but she has done some incredibly impactful work nonetheless. I personally think Meghan will be getting media attention for many years yet, but I do think she will use her platform for good too. What her inner, deep down secret motivations are are not for me to judge. IMO everyone does things for both unselfish and selfish reasons.

I also do not think the press coverage of Meghan has been sugar. At times, yes and definitely the US/CN and international market is sugar as is the higher brow UK. But the tabloid press has been mixed to scathing at times in the UK, so I think she is getting a pretty good feel for life in the glare, good and bad, of the BRF spotlight.

All to say that I am very intrigued by how Meghan will take on the royal role. She strikes me as eager to please and no matter what, a hard worker. If she proves to be that as a royal than the BRF will have an asset. I am sure she will struggle, everyone does including the born royals. But I think she has a good chance of making it as anyone else and I personally do not think she will have to sell out all of her morals to do so. I think she will find a balance and will surprise a lot of folks for the better.

I am at the wait and see stage, but cautiously hopeful.

JMO  Beer

« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 11:52:37 PM by wisdomheaven » Logged
RoyalMusings

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #1241 on: April 17, 2018, 12:08:27 AM »

Excellent post as usual, wisdomheaven!  Champagne   Star
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1242 on: April 17, 2018, 12:18:24 AM »

The truth with Meghan, as with everyone IMO, is probably somewhere in the middle. I actually DO think she is genuinely committed to her causes and we have proof of that dating back years. Even her detractors have all been consistent that her passion for women's right is indeed very genuine and deeply felt.

Is she also someone who cares about her public persona? Yeah, not a big deal IMO. You have to ruthlessly guard that in the industry she comes from. Is she ambitious? Of course. Is part of her interest, initially, in Harry maybe because of his position? Perhaps, and I will argue that is true for each and every one of the royal wives, yes even my favorites Letizia and Sophie. But I think they stick around for love or something resembling that. Maybe naive of me, but there you have it.

Is Meghan a sell out to her beliefs? Well, again this is highly influenced by where I work and live, but when you are in politics and position of power you make compromises to achieve a higher good or broader good. I can see how Meghan sees that the sacrifices that come with being a royal are worth it for a platform to effect change.

Will Meghan flee when the attention turns away? Sophie may not get a lot of DM coverage, but she has done some incredibly impactful work nonetheless. I personally think Meghan will be getting media attention for many years yet, but I do think she will use her platform for good too. What her inner, deep down secret motivations are are not for me to judge. IMO everyone does things for both unselfish and selfish reasons.

I also do not think the press coverage of Meghan has been sugar. At times, yes and definitely the US/CN and international market is sugar as is the higher brow UK. But the tabloid press has been mixed to scathing at times in the UK, so I think she is getting a pretty good feel for life in the glare, good and bad, of the BRF spotlight.

All to say that I am very intrigued by how Meghan will take on the royal role. She strikes me as eager to please and no matter what, a hard worker. If she proves to be that as a royal than the BRF will have an asset. I am sure she will struggle, everyone does including the born royals. But I think she has a good chance of making it as anyone else and I personally do not think she will have to sell out all of her morals to do so. I think she will find a balance and will surprise a lot of folks for the better.

JMO  Beer

Well said!  I agree.    Beer
emtishell

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1243 on: April 17, 2018, 12:44:38 AM »

JMO  Beer

Star

I am often reminded of Sophie in the beginning..... she did not have a great start, tried to sell out the Firm, and yet she has become one of the hardest working royals out there, and a favourite of her MIL..... I am also cautiously hopefully Meghan will be the same. Regardless of whether they play on it a bit or not, those boys had a pretty rough childhood, so I really do hope they have happy marriages.
rosella

Warned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1244 on: April 17, 2018, 02:18:38 AM »

As usual, wisdom, you put everything so concisely and well!  Beer
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 229   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: