Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghans Donation Deficiency Tally  (Read 123668 times)
Katestolemyname

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« on: December 25, 2017, 06:47:16 PM »

The engagement dress clearly shows that Sparkles doesn't have a hard time spending the big bucks on new outfits.

So why not keep a tab on her outfits as we do with Kate and Mosh?
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 06:52:53 PM »

As far as her clothing goes though, until Meghan marries she is a private citizen,  and we won't know who is paying for it. With Kate's public wardrobe we know Charles pays 90% of the time.
Katestolemyname

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 06:58:29 PM »

As far as her clothing goes though, until Meghan marries she is a private citizen,  and we won't know who is paying for it. With Kate's public wardrobe we know Charles pays 90% of the time.

True, but I have a feeling that Harry foots a large portion of that bill. In my opinion, it's not a coincidence that both Kate and Sparkles get new cars, expensive engagement outfits and goes crazy with extensions straight after the engagement.

Anyway, regardless of who pays for it, I find it interesting to keep a record of her spending habits.

If this thread shouldn't be here until she marries, feel free to delete it.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 08:15:29 PM »

Does it matter who pays? These threads shows how much money these people are willing to spend to look a certain way. It is of couse in some ways especially interesting when it's publicly funded but I feel the point has always been about the willingness to spend - if that makes sense?

So far it seems Meghan will be a big spender so why not have a thread here. If she's not we'll see soon enough, I guess.
ralf103

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 08:33:07 PM »

Without going off topic, I guess Meghan is use to good, expensive clothing as I imagine thats what she is use to. I read she was earning around $50,000 an episode on Suits so I imagine she can and has paid for designer clothing herself. That said, regardless who pays its interesting to see what gets spent on what.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 09:28:27 PM »

Does it matter who pays? These threads shows how much money these people are willing to spend to look a certain way. It is of couse in some ways especially interesting when it's publicly funded but I feel the point has always been about the willingness to spend - if that makes sense?

So far it seems Meghan will be a big spender so why not have a thread here. If she's not we'll see soon enough, I guess.

Personally I have no qualms with her spending her own money on expensive clothing. She earned it herself.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 09:47:03 PM by Little_star » Logged

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2017, 09:53:03 PM »

At some point however, her clothes will be paid for by us. If anyone thinks that she will be “footing the bill” once she’s legally a “royal”, you have another thing coming and I can’t help but laugh.

Also, I think it’s important to remember optics. ‘Ol Markle may have a superior nest egg but dropping $75,000 on one dress when the majority of your adopted people are struggling and the homeless population continues to grow looks worse than bad, tone deaf and out of touch with reality.  It shows she doesn’t give a damn and people’s suffering be damned. She will wear a $75,000 dress if it makes her look good.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 09:57:46 PM »

At some point however, her clothes will be paid for by us. If anyone thinks that she will be “footing the bill” once she’s legally a “royal”, you have another thing coming and I can’t help but laugh.

Also, I think it’s important to remember optics. ‘Ol Markle may have a superior nest egg but dropping $75,000 on one dress when the majority of your adopted people are struggling and the homeless population continues to grow looks worse than bad, tone deaf and out of touch with reality.  It shows she doesn’t give a damn and people’s suffering be damned. She will wear a $75,000 dress if it makes her look good.

I sorry I don't understand the logic here. She should leave her expensive clothing in the wardrobe unworn?

Considering she has had some pretty crappy jobs in the past, as has been pointed out many many times on this board, I think she would have just as good an idea as anyone else how the other half lives.

Her engagement dress may have been an expensive faux pas on her part, but in a family that wastes money like the BRF does it is a mere drop in the ocean.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 10:04:22 PM »

I sorry I don't understand the logic here. She should leave her expensive clothing in the wardrobe unworn?

Considering she has had some pretty crappy jobs in the past, as has been pointed out many many times on this board, I think she would have just as good an idea as anyone else how the other half lives.

Her engagement dress may have been an expensive faux pas on her part, but in a family that wastes money like the BRF does it is a mere drop in the ocean.

Did I say that?

It’s possible to work in designer pieces into your wardrobe without wearing one single outfit that costs more than the average Briton makes. Please see the Queen, Sophie, Kate or just about any other royal woman in the world.

However, when you become a Royal and become a representative of a country and essentially an employee of its people; there is no need to be wearing obscenely expensive clothes. It’s a slap in the face to most.
masha
Banned
Banned
Small Member

United States United States

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2017, 10:10:59 PM »

Sentaler Coat $1,265

Cloe Bag $1550

danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2017, 11:06:32 PM »

Thank you for the topic!    Katestolemyname  Star

1- Remembering that Kate - Mary - Sofhie (example) They were criticized 'analyzed' for their clothes before/after the wedding.

2-Kate was  criticized for the Issa and clothes/accessories she 'won' . So Meghan too  Whistle

3-I think this topic we have to talk about best friend Jess

Is possible Sentaler  Thinking  they have a contract with Jess.

gudgeon

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2017, 11:18:37 PM »

Personally I have no qualms with her spending her own money on expensive clothing. She earned it herself.

Star  Little Star! I still don't think she paid full price for that gown, but I agree with you that she's entitled to buy what she wants until she gets married and is spending tax payer money.

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2017, 11:26:41 PM »

I LOVE that purse! Her purse choices have so far been  Champagne

Kate wore the Santeler coat in the shorter, icy blue/gray form in Canada. I like the coat in both lengths.

I would love to see more of Meghan's red velvet dress.

masha
Banned
Banned
Small Member

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 11:35:32 PM »

Yes, that purse is gorgeous
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2017, 12:36:33 AM »

Also, I think it’s important to remember optics. ‘Ol Markle may have a superior nest egg but dropping $75,000 on one dress when the majority of your adopted people are struggling and the homeless population continues to grow looks worse than bad, tone deaf and out of touch with reality.  It shows she doesn’t give a damn and people’s suffering be damned. She will wear a $75,000 dress if it makes her look good.

Did I say that?

It’s possible to work in designer pieces into your wardrobe without wearing one single outfit that costs more than the average Briton makes. Please see the Queen, Sophie, Kate or just about any other royal woman in the world.

However, when you become a Royal and become a representative of a country and essentially an employee of its people; there is no need to be wearing obscenely expensive clothes. It’s a slap in the face to most.

All of the examples you mentioned above have worn expensive items whether it be clothing or jewellery. For example most of QEII's wardrobe is tailored and often custom-made. An average outfit of hers probably costs thousands, but most people don't dwell on her fashion sense and inevitably overlook the expense. Personally I don't have a problem with that but let's not pretend QEII is walking around in M&S like most women of her age.

Meghan is not a member of the Royal family yet and if she wants to spend her money on couture that is her business. Personally I wouldn't, and I wouldn't have chosen that gown for that occasion, but I am guessing she thought the cost would remain private. It's pretty tacky of Ralph & Russo to reveal the price and doesn't reflect well on them. Unless the gown was paid for by Harry, & I doubt it was seeing as it is from an older collection, then as one of her future "employers" I don't have a problem with it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: