Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghans Donation Deficiency Tally  (Read 123764 times)
Katestolemyname

Mini Member

Norway Norway

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 01:02:50 AM »

At some point however, her clothes will be paid for by us. If anyone thinks that she will be “footing the bill” once she’s legally a “royal”, you have another thing coming and I can’t help but laugh.

Also, I think it’s important to remember optics. ‘Ol Markle may have a superior nest egg but dropping $75,000 on one dress when the majority of your adopted people are struggling and the homeless population continues to grow looks worse than bad, tone deaf and out of touch with reality.  It shows she doesn’t give a damn and people’s suffering be damned. She will wear a $75,000 dress if it makes her look good.

I sorry I don't understand the logic here. She should leave her expensive clothing in the wardrobe unworn?

Considering she has had some pretty crappy jobs in the past, as has been pointed out many many times on this board, I think she would have just as good an idea as anyone else how the other half lives.

Her engagement dress may have been an expensive faux pas on her part, but in a family that wastes money like the BRF does it is a mere drop in the ocean.

Did I say that?

It’s possible to work in designer pieces into your wardrobe without wearing one single outfit that costs more than the average Briton makes. Please see the Queen, Sophie, Kate or just about any other royal woman in the world.

However, when you become a Royal and become a representative of a country and essentially an employee of its people; there is no need to be wearing obscenely expensive clothes. It’s a slap in the face to most.

All of the examples you mentioned above have worn expensive items whether it be clothing or jewellery. For example most of QEII's wardrobe is tailored and often custom-made. An average outfit of hers probably costs thousands, but most people don't dwell on her fashion sense and inevitably overlook the expense. Personally I don't have a problem with that but let's not pretend QEII is walking around in M&S like most women of her age.

Meghan is not a member of the Royal family yet and if she wants to spend her money on couture that is her business. Personally I wouldn't, and I wouldn't have chosen that gown for that occasion, but I am guessing she thought the cost would remain private. It's pretty tacky of Ralph & Russo to reveal the price and doesn't reflect well on them. Unless the gown was paid for by Harry, & I doubt it was seeing as it is from an older collection, then as one of her future "employers" I don't have a problem with it.

I agree with Maria, her habits are most interesting to me. Especially if you consider the fact that Sparkles PR is all about charity and being low key.

Initially, I was determined to give her a shot. Thing is, for me, all her acts since the engagements show different sides of what she said during the interview.

And to whoever who stated that she can buy whatever she wants, I agree. I just want to share a personal story ; My dad earns more money than Meghan did, and I guess you could say that my parents are rich. My mom doesn't care for design brands, she still works as a doctor at the hospital because she cares for people, and every Christmas we all donate money to charities instead of buying big, shiny stuff for each other. Of course - we gift each other stuff, but my friends and other family members are a bit surprised when they realize what a low key life my parents lead. Sure, they buy quality, because it lasts longer, but quality doesn't necessarily mean a 75.000 USD dress.
ralf103

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 01:36:17 AM »

I think this thread will be important to see in someways whether Meghan is all mouth (as the saying goes).

Let's be real, as a royal she is never going to wear cheap, Primark clothing, and a little unusual perhaps, she is relatively well off in her own right so of course she can wear and buy designer clothes. On the other hand, unlike any other royal to marry into the RF she has also used her existing fame to highlight poverty around the world. I think it will be interesting to see if she carries on with wearing 5 figure dresses and clothing regularly or not. TBH I suspect it was a one off and I'm prepared to give it a pass because who doesn't want to look their best for their engagement photos, for anybody they will last a lifetime, for royals they go down in history. As such, if she has access to such an expensive gown and thinks it looks great then why shouldn't she wear it. 

That said, I think we'll all start believing she just talks the talk if she keeps on wearing such massively priced clothes.
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 01:44:31 AM »

It's true that Jess works with Sophie Gregoire Huh?  Thinking and with the brand Sentaler ?

« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:03:17 AM by danifaul » Logged

ralf103

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 01:47:43 AM »

Sorry I'm lost, who is Jess?
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 01:50:17 AM »

Jessica Mulroney , best friend Meghan
http://www.telegraph.co.u...best-friend-canadas-best/

wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2017, 01:54:33 AM »

I think this thread will be important to see in someways whether Meghan is all mouth (as the saying goes).

Let's be real, as a royal she is never going to wear cheap, Primark clothing, and a little unusual perhaps, she is relatively well off in her own right so of course she can wear and buy designer clothes. On the other hand, unlike any other royal to marry into the RF she has also used her existing fame to highlight poverty around the world. I think it will be interesting to see if she carries on with wearing 5 figure dresses and clothing regularly or not. TBH I suspect it was a one off and I'm prepared to give it a pass because who doesn't want to look their best for their engagement photos, for anybody they will last a lifetime, for royals they go down in history. As such, if she has access to such an expensive gown and thinks it looks great then why shouldn't she wear it. 

That said, I think we'll all start believing she just talks the talk if she keeps on wearing such massively priced clothes.
Star
I am in the same place as you re her clothing. So far, when we have seen in her in public since the engagement her choices have been reasonable. I am hoping the dress for the engagement was a one off.
emtishell

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2017, 02:45:34 AM »

I am really curious about the engagement dress..... that is such a lot of money for something you can never wear again! But I wonder if she maybe wore it for Christmas Eve dinner? Apparently that is black tie and tiaras - gosh I wish we got pics of that!

But I guess when you look at royal wedding dresses, when you are looking at six figures, and they are only worn once, they clearly have no qualms about that.

If you want to talk excess, I have heard the Queen only wears a pair of shoes a handful of times, to keep them looking new. And she has spent big on jewels in the past.

It will be intersting to keep track of Meg’s spending.
masha
Banned
Banned
Small Member

United States United States

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2017, 05:32:16 AM »

Sentaler Coat $1,265

Cloe Bag $1550

Hat by Philip Treacy (no price yet)

https://www.instagram.com...cI/?taken-by=philiptreacy
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:38:25 AM by masha » Logged
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2017, 06:25:33 AM »

I don't like any of these pieces at all.  The bag is really ugly, IMO, and that hat needs to be thrown away or returned to its intended use as a salad bowl. The coat's color and fabric are nice, but it looked much too big for her.  The price is outrageous to me, but I'm sure someone into fashion will tell me that the price is reasonable and it's made of spun gold and yada, yada, yada.
Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2017, 07:12:09 AM »

That handbag is hideous! Redundant decorative elements and studs. erk.
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2017, 07:41:17 AM »

At some point however, her clothes will be paid for by us. If anyone thinks that she will be “footing the bill” once she’s legally a “royal”, you have another thing coming and I can’t help but laugh.

Also, I think it’s important to remember optics. ‘Ol Markle may have a superior nest egg but dropping $75,000 on one dress when the majority of your adopted people are struggling and the homeless population continues to grow looks worse than bad, tone deaf and out of touch with reality.  It shows she doesn’t give a damn and people’s suffering be damned. She will wear a $75,000 dress if it makes her look good.

I sorry I don't understand the logic here. She should leave her expensive clothing in the wardrobe unworn?

Considering she has had some pretty crappy jobs in the past, as has been pointed out many many times on this board, I think she would have just as good an idea as anyone else how the other half lives.

Her engagement dress may have been an expensive faux pas on her part, but in a family that wastes money like the BRF does it is a mere drop in the ocean.

Did I say that?

It’s possible to work in designer pieces into your wardrobe without wearing one single outfit that costs more than the average Briton makes. Please see the Queen, Sophie, Kate or just about any other royal woman in the world.

However, when you become a Royal and become a representative of a country and essentially an employee of its people; there is no need to be wearing obscenely expensive clothes. It’s a slap in the face to most.

All of the examples you mentioned above have worn expensive items whether it be clothing or jewellery. For example most of QEII's wardrobe is tailored and often custom-made. An average outfit of hers probably costs thousands, but most people don't dwell on her fashion sense and inevitably overlook the expense. Personally I don't have a problem with that but let's not pretend QEII is walking around in M&S like most women of her age.

Meghan is not a member of the Royal family yet and if she wants to spend her money on couture that is her business. Personally I wouldn't, and I wouldn't have chosen that gown for that occasion, but I am guessing she thought the cost would remain private. It's pretty tacky of Ralph & Russo to reveal the price and doesn't reflect well on them. Unless the gown was paid for by Harry, & I doubt it was seeing as it is from an older collection, then as one of her future "employers" I don't have a problem with it.

As I stated above, all royal women mix designer pieces into their wardrobes. All have worn thousands of dollars. None have ever had the gall to wear a $75,000 dress before.

She may not be married yet but for all intents and purposes; Markle is indeed a royal. She’s at minimum a royal fiancée and is in fact receiving taxpayer funds in the form of housing and security. So, as someone who funds her; wearing that dress was a slap in MY face and I do have a problem with it.  As someone who has been a D list actress with a publicist, she should know better.
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2017, 07:45:34 AM »

I don't like any of these pieces at all.  The bag is really ugly, IMO, and that hat needs to be thrown away or returned to its intended use as a salad bowl. The coat's color and fabric are nice, but it looked much too big for her.  The price is outrageous to me, but I'm sure someone into fashion will tell me that the price is reasonable and it's made of spun gold and yada, yada, yada.

Star

I thought I was the only one. That bag is ugly...
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2017, 10:17:05 AM »

Thx for creating this thread!

Methinks the 'Donation' part of the title should not be underestimated.
The original snark was towards that other great charitable princess, our dear NQM, who was supposedly saving Africa single-handedly.
Not the spending as such  (which, in a way, supports many employees in the apparel industry), but the 'could have been spent on making a difference in people's lives, creating opportunities to escape poverty, pain and fear, whether in their own (new) country or abroad' is what is annoying about her spending. Not to mention the bad optics of it.
Of course she will 'recycle' some of it, but the cost per wear of that R&R dress remains painfully tone deaf. IMO she will not walk the walk. She never really has, has she?

I don't really care who paid/pays for her stuff, eventually us peasants will foot the bill: through taxes or through the tv advertising budget that is incorporated jn the final price of the products/services featured in her show, basically the source of her income until recently (this includes endorsements on the Tig).

The wooden salad bowl hat and smiley-on-zombie handbag do provide great dishing but good heavens they are FUG.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 10:24:22 AM by Pomme » Logged

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
Eliza B

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2017, 02:26:31 PM »

2 more:

Stuart Weitzman boots ($795)

Maison Birks diamond earrings ($7000)
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2017, 02:52:45 PM »

I wonder if Chucky is going to pay for this daughter in law's wardrobe also?  I thought he paid the majority of willnots bills, will he do the same for Harry?   Just curious.  Are they allowed to take free stuff?

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: