Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghans Donation Deficiency Tally  (Read 123660 times)
lizzie78

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: January 11, 2019, 06:22:40 AM »

No, you're not the only one. Just because you can afford whatever you want now doesn't mean you have to flaunt your wealth in front of people that are not wealthy, and most are probably struggling or they wouldn't be needing help. It's classless, tacky and rude. If I had been at that engagement and asked to make a statement, they wouldn't have liked the one I gave them.
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: January 11, 2019, 07:37:00 AM »

That coat looks great on the model, but the oversize look needs to be paired with a contrasting style, not a streamlined office look otherwise you just look like you bought the wrong sized coat. And I agree - it DOES look a bit Old Navy/Banana Republic clearance rack, cotton twill is more of a spring weight and its been hovering near freezing or the low 40Fs in London this week.

You could easily rework one of her existing coats for a quarter of the price of the OdlR.
sal89

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: January 11, 2019, 01:37:18 PM »

Sugars keep screaming that the coat is one she's had in her closet for years. they do this all the time, yet rarely provide photo evidence. It's their go-to.
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: January 11, 2019, 01:59:02 PM »

Am I the only one who finds this outfit and its costs particularly offensive for this particular visit?

No, you are not the only one. Considering the charity, Meghan should have opted for items from a chain store and/or reworn an old coat.
She wore a sweater from M&S on one of her first official events with Harry, after the engagement. It would be appropriate with something similar every now and then and especially when visiting charities who are helping people with limited resources.
Skirt Queen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: January 11, 2019, 02:11:04 PM »

Am I the only one who finds this outfit and its costs particularly offensive for this particular visit?

No, you are not the only one. Considering the charity, Meghan should have opted for items from a chain store and/or reworn an old coat.
She wore a sweater from M&S on one of her first official events with Harry, after the engagement. It would be appropriate with something similar every now and then and especially when visiting charities who are helping people with limited resources.

She should have worn one of those Seraphine maternity dresses. They are moderately priced.
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: January 11, 2019, 02:12:49 PM »

Here's one option from Seraphine (https://www.seraphine.com...camel-maternity-coat.html) currently on sale for £155 (regular price £195).  Or this one (https://www.seraphine.com...blend-maternity-coat.html) on sale for £159 (regular price £175)...I know it's not camel but it's close.  And she'd have over £2,400 leftover.

And this bodycon style dress would have been more seasonal (https://www.seraphine.com...knit-maternity-dress.html) on sale for £45 (regular price £52)...styling it the same as the website (black tights and black shoes) would have been a bit to much black but very much her pre-pregnancy style.

Either coat and this dress with repeated jewelry, shoes, and bag...under £250.
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: January 11, 2019, 02:14:28 PM »

If it's been worn for years, show me the receipts.

How do they even know unless they're hiding out in her wardrobe (which is not beyond the realms of possibility for the cult).

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
thecrownjewelthief

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: January 11, 2019, 02:14:33 PM »

She should have worn one of those Seraphine maternity dresses. They are moderately priced.

I had the same thought - love Seraphine dresses that we've seen other pregnant royals in. I think they're fashionable but also very appropriate (and the look comfy). There has been a few that have made me wish they did non-maternity clothing as well.
Eliza B

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: January 11, 2019, 02:35:20 PM »

Here's one option from Seraphine (https://www.seraphine.com...camel-maternity-coat.html) currently on sale for £155 (regular price £195).  Or this one (https://www.seraphine.com...blend-maternity-coat.html) on sale for £159 (regular price £175)...I know it's not camel but it's close.  And she'd have over £2,400 leftover.

And this bodycon style dress would have been more seasonal (https://www.seraphine.com...knit-maternity-dress.html) on sale for £45 (regular price £52)...styling it the same as the website (black tights and black shoes) would have been a bit to much black but very much her pre-pregnancy style.

Hatch is really popular with a certain set who don't mind spending money on maternity.  Like for the Rosie Pope crew who wants to be more trendy.  I loved a couple of their pieces but could not justify spending 250 on a shirt for 2-3 months - i didn't pop till 6 months but wore mostly regular tops till the end. It's sold at ShopBop

Although I'd die if she shows up at the animal charity in those pleather jeggings i could totally see her in that white oversized dress.
Michelle0187

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: January 11, 2019, 08:36:39 PM »

Can someone tell me if the half million pound wardrobe is paid by the tax payers?
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: January 11, 2019, 08:37:40 PM »

I have never heard of the brand before, but everything looks very flattering and is more moderately priced. (Love some of the designs for myself, too bad that they don't do non maternity wear!)
Eliza B

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: January 11, 2019, 08:47:41 PM »

Can someone tell me if the half million pound wardrobe is paid by the tax payers?

The royal offical answer is no, it is paid for from Charles' duchy.

The thousand mile view is more complicated.  The duchy is not privately owned by Charles,  but belongs to the state.  Meaning without a royal family the earnings  would go to the government. So it's millions that Charles is earning and using to fund his family that the government allows him to keep (and pay back little taxes on)
Georgie

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: January 11, 2019, 08:53:39 PM »

Cost of Meghan's outfit from earlier today:

Coat: Oscar de la Renta oversized midi coat; £2,600

Dress: Eliza dress by Hatch; £170

Shoes: Giovanni Rossi PVC pumps; price unknown but similar styles cost around £530

Bag: Victoria Beckham Vanity Box leather tote; £1,695

Jewellery: Felicity earrings by Kimai; £315

Apparently it costs a lot of money to look that cheap

Thanks for sharing the info, Georgie

You're welcome! And thanks @anastasia beaverhausen!  Smiley 
Oh_Caroline

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: January 11, 2019, 08:58:22 PM »

I have never heard of the brand before, but everything looks very flattering and is more moderately priced. (Love some of the designs for myself, too bad that they don't do non maternity wear!)

Kate, Victoria, Madeleine, and Sofia all worn stuff from Seraphine.  The first three ladies even had bespoke outfits made (Maddie’s 2017 Nobel Dress was from Seraphine IIRK).

If I was Meghan this would be my first (and possibly only) stop.  Maybe add in Tiffany Rose...another UK maternity label worn by the Swedish royal women.
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: January 11, 2019, 09:10:35 PM »

The royal offical answer is no, it is paid for from Charles' duchy.

The thousand mile view is more complicated.  The duchy is not privately owned by Charles,  but belongs to the state.  Meaning without a royal family the earnings  would go to the government. So it's millions that Charles is earning and using to fund his family that the government allows him to keep (and pay back little taxes on)

Her 1st year figure is so absurd on its own and in comparison to many others that Charles has to be sh&&ing bricks if he’s paying for it. He has been reported to be very stingy with his money when he needs to spend it on others. I wonder if this astronomical figure has been reached because it’s coming from Harry’s money? The imherited money the Sussex’s have access to will be drained dry in short order if this pace continues.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 55   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: