Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle News and Events  (Read 765144 times)
freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Ask Maria.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 01:48:50 AM »

They're being held to the same low standard as all royals.  And passing with flying colours.

The TeaSpoon formerly known as Free The Spoon.  Don't ask me why unless you want a long story involving forks and betrayal.
Aubiette

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 01:56:48 AM »

It's similar to projects Harry has supported over the years in Nottingham, getting kids to create things. Good idea.

I also hope (fingers crossed) that  this is the beginning of her networking or creating of her blueprint of her charities of interest. Somehow, someway there will be a nod to her mother and her grandmother throughout her work. Personally speaking as a Social Worker, if I could get the Wicked Witch of the West to bring "awareness* " to a a cause I would do it.  *Awareness brings media, media brings attention, attention brings networking, networking brings volunteers/ money , any or all of those are winners for underfunded and unrecognizable programs.

Yes, especially being Meghan's the new girl so hopefully it will bring attention to these underfunded projects, charities, and so on. It's why I've had issues with other royals who do next to nothing. Just showing up is an unbelievable boon for these places because of all the attention they get for days afterwards in print media, the news, blogs, online, etcetera.

True. Showing up is what they do and the publicity is what helps the charities/organizations. They also raise and donate funds through their foundations right?
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 02:44:55 AM »

It's similar to projects Harry has supported over the years in Nottingham, getting kids to create things. Good idea.

I also hope (fingers crossed) that  this is the beginning of her networking or creating of her blueprint of her charities of interest. Somehow, someway there will be a nod to her mother and her grandmother throughout her work. Personally speaking as a Social Worker, if I could get the Wicked Witch of the West to bring "awareness* " to a a cause I would do it.  *Awareness brings media, media brings attention, attention brings networking, networking brings volunteers/ money , any or all of those are winners for underfunded and unrecognizable programs.

Yes, especially being Meghan's the new girl so hopefully it will bring attention to these underfunded projects, charities, and so on. It's why I've had issues with other royals who do next to nothing. Just showing up is an unbelievable boon for these places because of all the attention they get for days afterwards in print media, the news, blogs, online, etcetera.

True. Showing up is what they do and the publicity is what helps the charities/organizations. They also raise and donate funds through their foundations right?

Aubiette: yup. Chookie can ask Harry's sister in law, MEdiana how she donates to Haberdash  Whistle

and why does Harry need all that networking if it wasn't for Chookie's future? Blink

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 04:05:19 AM »

They're being held to the same low standard as all royals.  And passing with flying colours.

This.  Star
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 06:36:20 AM »

Seriously, it's been said before, but if H&M apologists want to cry about high standards they should look at the standards all other royals are held to. There's nothing extraordinary in the least regarding expectations for these two.
Santacruz
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2018, 08:10:43 AM »

This so called work ( showing up at charities ) does not make any difference to society at all or improves anything for the better.
I do not believe in the whole charity thing, because mostly it does not solve the problem but just deals with the bad consequences. Charities start their work at the end of a bad process.
If you want to change something you have to change the process. But this would mean that the privileged need to share right from the beginning.
And this is something that is not wanted.  Roll Eyes
I guess just because it always has been like this does not mean that society has to go on like this.

I just think that it is rather cynical for privileged people like Harry to talk about poverty and climate change and then to leave for a New Years billionaires party in Monaco with his spoiled actress fiancee via helicopter. Dead
Under this aspect I think it is quite an effrontery from Harry to lecture the masses via radio shows and charity speaches.
But you are right, he is not the only one.

AMEN! Champagne

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:25:20 AM by Santacruz » Logged
MissAnne

Micro Member

Poland Poland

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2018, 08:35:13 AM »

Another radio event (yhhh)- Harry wants to be royal Alan Partridge.

Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2018, 01:56:54 PM »

Aubiette: yup. Chookie can ask Harry's sister in law, MEdiana how she donates to Haberdash  Whistle

and why does Harry need all that networking if it wasn't for Chookie's future? Blink

G Smiley

She obviously has a plan but I doubt he knows about that yet. He still believes that it's all about him and that she didn't know anything about him and learned who he is from him.  Halo
ohmyword

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2018, 02:30:31 PM »

[/quote]

She obviously has a plan but I doubt he knows about that yet. He still believes that it's all about him and that she didn't know anything about him and learned who he is from him.  Halo
[/quote]
His entire life has been about him Roll Eyes(he just wanted someone to share it with Hug). Like I've mentioned before , anyone/ anything that draw media coverage to a deserving cause that will impact lives for the better is alright with me. I'm not talking about once a year but creating pipelines for future networking. Who knows what  diamond in the rough awaits discovery? Thinking

Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2018, 02:42:28 PM »

I just think that it is rather cynical for privileged people like Harry to talk about poverty and climate change and then to leave for a New Years billionaires party in Monaco with his spoiled actress fiancee via helicopter. Under this aspect I think it is quite an effrontery from Harry to lecture the masses via radio shows and charity speeches.

Thumb up  Totally agree, it drives me crazy!  Al over in Monaco loves to fly around the world on his private jet lecturing about climate change, it's hypocritical and disgusting, they should be ashamed.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 03:16:23 PM »

Even worse ... the yachts. We were told that filling up the tank costs up to 40.000$. Ridiculous.
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 03:23:20 PM »

I just think that it is rather cynical for privileged people like Harry to talk about poverty and climate change and then to leave for a New Years billionaires party in Monaco with his spoiled actress fiancee via helicopter. Under this aspect I think it is quite an effrontery from Harry to lecture the masses via radio shows and charity speeches.

Thumb up  Totally agree, it drives me crazy!  Al over in Monaco loves to fly around the world on his private jet lecturing about climate change, it's hypocritical and disgusting, they should be ashamed.

Stars for both of you! Star

The first thing that came to mind about the Monaco trip was, oh great, Vegas with extra security from Albert who controls the press and the cameras.  Harry now doing radio interviews sounds like his soon to be wife's idea. Call me a skeptical but it so reminds me of the Duchess of Windsor's influence. I am just getting a bad vibe from this relationship, but judging from the grin on Kate Middleton's face Christmas day, she's thrilled with it all. I guess she figures it will make her look good, and I've never seen Camilla dress so well -- very Queen like. Something's definitely doing down behind the scenes IMO.
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 03:40:33 PM »

i holidayed in the french riviera lots of times and nice (better:nice's airport) is the door to la cote d'azur.

are we sure they really went to montecarlo?or did they go to cap d'antibes,or cannes,or mentone,or aix en provence,or riviera di ponente in italy? Smiley

all those places are rich in culture and very beautiful,the bright daylight,the alps and the sea,the glistening water,the maritime pines....wonderful.

Santacruz
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 05:22:18 PM »

i holidayed in the french riviera lots of times and nice (better:nice's airport) is the door to la cote d'azur.

are we sure they really went to montecarlo?or did they go to cap d'antibes,or cannes,or mentone,or aix en provence,or riviera di ponente in italy? Smiley

all those places are rich in culture and very beautiful,the bright daylight,the alps and the sea,the glistening water,the maritime pines....wonderful.

I have been there too, it is a very nice place-and it does not have to be expensive at all by the way!
I can highy recommend the Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild. Don't worry its not a 7 star hotel, it is just a museum with a beautiful garden.
http://www.villa-ephrussi...ideos-gallery#prettyPhoto[gallery1]/0/
the video.. Yikes
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 05:27:54 PM by Santacruz » Logged
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2018, 06:00:34 PM »

Even worse ... the yachts. We were told that filling up the tank costs up to 40.000$. Ridiculous.

Some things need to be put into perspective to fully understand impacts.
While you are certainly right that private yachts are expensive, and obviously only for "frivolous" use, and wasting fuel for 40 grand is not really good,
think about huge container ships. To fill up a 10000 TEU-ship (=one carrying 5,000 containers), which ranks nowadays no longer as "huge", but middle size, costs 5,3 Mio EUR.
That's 6,300,000 USD. For one voyage.

And now imagine how many of these container ships as well as huge cruise ships sail along daily in the seven seas.
Sparing all private yachts would not really help - to achieve a visible impact on the environment, container & cruise ships need to be made fuel saving (and need to use sulphur free oil not only in coastal areas, but all along their voyage).

This example is meant to show that even if the very few billionaires of this world change their own behaviour, no matter if with yachts ot with private jets (vs. worldwide aviation use of kerosine), the impact on the environment will still be little (albeit yes, they could start with a good example).
This is also why I think that all the fuss which is made about German Diesel cars not meeting the desired exhaust criteria is just ridiculous. Per year, the 15 biggest container ships only (!) burden the environment with more sulphur oxid than all 760 Million cars (!) worldwide. So why start with the cars? The impact would be so much bigger if one starts with the ships ...

__

What billionaires and royals really can do is drive public and political awareness to problems (as in: they have a voice which is heard) -
and what charities should do is help at the root cause, not to heal the result of problems (as someone rightly said upthread). Which is: poverty can only be overcome with education, as good education is the key to better paid Jobs; to overcome hunger and starvation, developing countries shall receive help to feed their own population instead of exploiting them with monocultures for cheap export.
Bill Gates and his charity foundation are a good example for that.

Long Story short: as long as any given royal manages to raise public and political awareness to a cause, I don't mind him spending a weekend on a yacht or wouldn't see him as a hypocrite for that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: