Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 352   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle News and Events  (Read 595519 times)
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: January 12, 2018, 06:47:55 PM »

Meghan didn't have a religious service at her first wedding. It was a non-denominational wedding on the beach at Jamaica.
Letizia's first wedding was a civil ceremony, so presumably she wasn't too interested in Catholicism until marrying Felipe came with a full-on nuptial mass in Madrid's main cathedral. Kate got confirmed, Mary converted etc. etc. There are many examples of suddenly finding religion when it comes with a tiara and a title.

The best description I read on this was in an article on Queen Sofia years ago, round about the time she made what were perceived to be anti-gay comments, talking about how she was painted as being "deeply religious". The comment was that she "presumably is not too fussy about dogma" as her Orthodox religion was soon dropped for Catholicism when she married Juan Carlos.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
JaneAir

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: January 12, 2018, 07:42:00 PM »

I think it will be interesting to see what her post-wedding persona will be.  Will she continue to play the shy, helpless widdle girl after he’s been officially bagged and tagged? 

I positively laughed out loud at your remark.  Offically bagged and tagged!  #TRUTH and so funny!

You made my day.  Star

Aw, thanks.   Star
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: January 12, 2018, 09:04:28 PM »

Well I cant see that happening any time soon really  given the fact that the only reason the C of E exists was that Henry VIII wanted to put himself at the head of the Church,and  the only reason we have the Windsors on the throne at all is that they fulfilled the appropriate religious requirements.

Further the Queen doesn't have just a ceremononial role or honorary -she certainly gets  a say in the appointment of Bishops for example

Too big a can of worms to open,the Church has enough to contend with

Meghan I'm sure will be happy to do what is required as far as this goes

I never said I thought it would happen soon.  I said it SHOULD happen, regardless of history.  IMO, monarchy is not compatible with the teachings of Jesus, and it seems rather hypocritical for Charles to be the head of a church.  But that's getting off topic.

I do agree with you that Sparkles will do what ever is required for the marriage.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: January 12, 2018, 09:49:50 PM »

The smile and wave was about as genuine as a Louis Vuitton bag sold out of someone’s car trunk.

This is a woman, a 36 year old woman  Roll Eyes I think someone has been taking her own Princess lessons & watching too much video of a certain shy 19 year old girl.

Yes indeed.
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: January 12, 2018, 09:55:02 PM »

The smile and wave was about as genuine as a Louis Vuitton bag sold out of someone’s car trunk.

This is a woman, a 36 year old woman  Roll Eyes I think someone has been taking her own Princess lessons & watching too much video of a certain shy 19 year old girl.

I think you're right about Meg modeling herself after his mother when Diana first entered the royal scene. I'm sure this was the easiest way to catch him. In every interview about Diana he always emphasises her being mischievous and silly, advising him to do stupid stuff but just not get caught. And now he brings home a bride that behaves silly and obviously advised him to do stupid stuff. I doubt that's a coincidence. Whistle
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:09:55 PM by Suzy » Logged
lizzie78

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: January 13, 2018, 12:15:40 AM »

Well I cant see that happening any time soon really  given the fact that the only reason the C of E exists was that Henry VIII wanted to put himself at the head of the Church,and  the only reason we have the Windsors on the throne at all is that they fulfilled the appropriate religious requirements.

Further the Queen doesn't have just a ceremononial role or honorary -she certainly gets  a say in the appointment of Bishops for example

I never said I thought it would happen soon.  I said it SHOULD happen, regardless of history.  IMO, monarchy is not compatible with the teachings of Jesus, and it seems rather hypocritical for Charles to be the head of a church.  But that's getting off topic.

I do agree with you that Sparkles will do what ever is required for the marriage.

Star
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2018, 01:03:11 AM »

This is a woman, a 36 year old woman  Roll Eyes I think someone has been taking her own Princess lessons & watching too much video of a certain shy 19 year old girl.

I think you're right about Meg modeling herself after his mother when Diana first entered the royal scene. I'm sure this was the easiest way to catch him. In every interview about Diana he always emphasises her being mischievous and silly, advising him to do stupid stuff but just not get caught. And now he brings home a bride that behaves silly and obviously advised him to do stupid stuff. I doubt that's a coincidence. Whistle

Star Suz
Freud would have a field day with these two, wouldn't he?
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2018, 01:53:02 AM »

Star
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: January 13, 2018, 02:27:43 AM »

Star

Hug Star
Paulina

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: January 13, 2018, 02:47:08 AM »

Jumping Thumb up

Star

just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: January 13, 2018, 09:21:40 AM »

Didn't Meghan's friends say she read books about Diana?

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Santacruz
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: January 13, 2018, 10:45:17 AM »

IMO: they are together for all the wrong reasons. But they are not the only ones. There are so many couples who are only together because of economical reasons or because their neurosis fit perfectly.
This is not what I call healthy, grown up relationships.
Instead of growing and developing a strong personality a lot of people choose to hide in a relationship.
They are with a partner who complements them on a level where they just can stay where they are and never have to think about themselves ever again. Not healthy. And often painful to watch from outside.
But, whatever works.. Halo
Santacruz
Banned
Banned
Small Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: January 13, 2018, 10:56:03 AM »

Didn't Meghan's friends say she read books about Diana?

Well, anyone who says Princess Diana was a hero might think about it once again. First and foremost she was the biggest media person in the world. In retrospect her tragic story ( reminded me of old greek dramas ) was a very good example to see how media works and how it can be the reason for complete mass hysteria.
Mass hysteria is always a bad sign for the state of a society...
To emulate Diana is wrong on so many levels...and anyone who is trying to do this should ask herself ( hello Meghan) if she should not see a doctor instead..
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: January 13, 2018, 11:07:18 AM »

The problem for the BRF there is that the "next generation" is smaller than the present one. Presently you have the Queen, Philip, Charles, Camilla, Wills (okay, sometimes), Kate (okay, rarely), Harry, Ed, Sophie, Andrew, Bea, Anne ... all representing the firm. Even if you are a republican you would have to admit that QII and also Philip are extraordinarily dedicated to their jobs. Charles and Camilla are a bit "boring" but they are working well, too and outstanding are Sophie and Anne. So you have four outstanding ambassadors.

Next generation is smaller and I somehow can't picture Wills and Kate turning into working machines. That gives Harry and Meg a lot of room ... and I am not sure if she is the right one for that job.

At the moment Harry is madly in love and he is rescuing mommy, she applies to all his instincts .... And she is playing games. Why?
Aliza

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: January 13, 2018, 03:08:17 PM »

Anybody want to guess whether Harry will be following his brother's example and not wearing a wedding ring?   Roll Eyes

I have a feeling he will be wearing Meg's ring.  Not a little one on his pinky, either, but a "proper" band on his left ring finger; I think the last "senior" royal male in the BRF to do so was George V.

BTW, the Jewish community is pretty convinced she converted to Judaism when she was with her first husband.  Secret Apparently, at the least, she presented herself as Jewish during their marriage, supporting the ADL and other Jewish charities (only those with celebrity fund-raisers, lol).

Her father comes from a very Roman Catholic family.  (He is originally from Pennsylvania, not far from where I currently live.)  Also, in some of the pics her family has provided, you can see photos of priests on the walls, holy cards, etc.

I just hope Meghan becoming C of E is not just for Harry, but for herself.

JMO

~ Si vis pacem, para bellum ~
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 352   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: