Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 98   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Yrma - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 240796 times)
putti

Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: May 16, 2018, 08:49:57 PM »

I love the fact that you can see the insecurity in her eyes even now.
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: May 16, 2018, 08:56:38 PM »

So let me see if I have this right.  Here we have Mosh, by any standard a kept woman with no discernible talents or accomplishments of her own other than apparently being able to have orgasms with any camera on sight, and she’s lecturing on the empowerment of women?  Seriously?  What is wrong with this picture?  
Then again, the media and the public are happy to give anyone with a tad bit of celebrity status any kind of credit:
They hug a brown baby - voila we have a humanitarian
They post a picture of a dead tree - tata: here is your environmentalist
They blog about their new vegan diet and make-up: Oh, look totally into health
They manage to get into a UN something (and seriously how could something so wonderful like the UN de-generate into a media and celebrity circus?) and we have a Human rights, gender equality name it activist.

And to be fair, Mary is no shrinking violet, she and Fred know everything there is about female power....

I can't understand this either...and I've been working with different UN institutions for years! Some causes need publicity though (probably) so that may be it. I always get frustrated about celebs/royals using the UN system because the real people behind projects get overshadowed. But then again, as my boss tells me - it's not about individuals but about ideas and impact and all the ideas, operations, and impact and everything associated with that comes from people who do day-to-day work not from fame hungry people trying to establish themselves as something they aren't.
 Star Yvonne, is publicity required for:
    a) fundrasiing for solution/programme development and implementation?
    b) solution adoption?
    c) a&b

( Celebs include royalty for convenience) Where does the majority of the funding come from for example, programmes you are currently involved in? Does the value of a cdlebrity endorsement/support lie in face recognition/ networks? Face recognition would help with raising funds from Joe public, yes/no? Networks are where the single big donors would arise from yes/no?

Solution adoption could only be assisted by celebrity involvement if the celebs had some legitimacy, yes/no?

Are there more efficient ways to raise funding/awareness than celebirty endorsements or patronages?

Happy to be corrected by others but this is my experience:
- Fundraising for different projects may be why celebs may be needed for organization such as UNICEF, they also ask for donations from common folks in supermarkets and on flights, I've noticed. We always joke that UNICEF is a big charity, not a multilateral, but I love the organization nonetheless. I'm not sure though how much it is donations and how much it's money from governments that UNICEF spends. I don't think that donations are enough to cover the cheapest programs and salaries for staff and consultants working on them ...
- Celebs are never needed for solution adoption, it's done by senior folks - with at least P-4 level as it depends on so many factors that only insiders may know. Maxima may be an exception due to her work experience, but again she may only voice her opinion.
- UNDP, UNAIDS, UNESCO, and others work with money from nation states/governments and/or by cooperating with donors such as the World Bank, IMF, USAID. That's the type of funding used on the projects I've worked. Never through fundraising from the public or through celebs/royals. Nation states pay their regular part based on many factors (GDP, economic strength, etc) and in addition may give financial support to particular projects because of policies/threats in their own countries. Donors again come not because of celebs/royals but because of their own programs - it is beneficial to partner for many operational reasons.
- Nation states adopt UN frameworks not because of celebs but because it is UN people who come and talk to governments there, not people like Mary.  
- I unfortunately can't comment on efficiency of different ways of fundraising or raising awareness as my field doesn't need that: we get stable funding from a few western governments and some big donors, and the topic is something that is important but doesn't require the public to contribute in any way, if that makes sense.
- One of the things UN is doing is changing attitudes/behaviors so this is where celebs may step in - gender  equality, LGBTQ rights, refugees, for example - this is where the public in many places needs to change how they treat certain groups of people so having someone famous on board may be good for that. But Emma Watson or Jolie may be them, not Mary or Sofia or MM in the future.

Star Diogenes, fairy, Yvonne for the thought provoking discussion. Hug Star Yvonne, for your generous explanation. So Celebs are mascots or cheerleaders who have causes they champion to raise awareness. Your boss seems to be a generous, wise, old soul and a pragmatist. I will just remain angry on behalf of unsung heroes like yourself.  Real mad  The only way I have managed to make sense of why we would attach any value to a celeb/royal/high profile figure is that:
1. Our natural receptiveness to virtue signalling is only countered by the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.
2. We actually believe that the end justifies the means. Perceived achievement is lauded above honest effort.
3. We like things shiny, attention grabbing instead of understated because understated implies some effort on our part in the process of discovery
4. We believe in hierarchies and deep down that the person at the top must have succeeded at some game we have not figured out how to play (which actually seems necessary for survival) however we might detest their values.
5. We are inclined to judge value by outliers even though we statistically reject them:
( Yikes I think all of the above are related).

Out of interest, here is a link to an article by the person who coined the phrase “virtue signalling”, James Bartholomew.
https://www.spectator.co....ts-taking-over-the-world/

Here is an extract from his article ( perfect for another ferociously active RD thread  Whistle)
"The phrase came to me after years of trying to come up with the something. Researching my previous book, The Welfare State We’re In, I came to realise that the Victorians and Edwardians gave vastly more money to charity than people do now. It was normal even for the working and artisan classes to give as much as 10 per cent of their income. That compares with donations of less than 1 per cent for the general population now. Among many other things, they gave money to help charitable hospitals through the King’s Fund in Saturday workplace collections. They also took it as normal to look after their aged parents and other relatives.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: May 16, 2018, 11:18:53 PM »

May 16
Yrma participates in dinner in connection with the Copenhagen Fashion Summit
Crown Princess Mary was a guest of honor when there was a delicious dinner event with an international guest list at the hotel d'Angleterre in connection with the Copenhagen Fashion Summit fashion conference.

The Crown Princess made a nice entrance to the hotel at Kongens Nytorv in Copenhagen. Mary attracted legitimate attention in her amazing white dress. Just before the arrival of the Crown Princess, the Danish star actor Connie Nielsen made his entrance to the fashion party at the hotel.

she is wearing this recycled white dress

(archive photo)

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #678 on: May 17, 2018, 03:50:41 AM »

Star  Putti

Can you or someone else from Danmark, tell me how is MEDiana's  Danglish?

Is it as bad as it sounds to my ears?  Confused Confused

G Confused

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: May 17, 2018, 04:04:04 AM »

May 16
Crown Princess Mary was a guest of honor when there was a delicious dinner event with an international guest list at the hotel d'Angleterre in connection with the Copenhagen Fashion Summit fashion conference.

The Crown Princess made a nice entrance to the hotel at Kongens Nytorv in Copenhagen. Mary attracted legitimate attention in her amazing white dress. Just before the arrival of the Crown Princess, the Danish star actor Connie Nielsen made his entrance to the fashion party at the hotel.

(archive photo)

Gorgeous dress.  Hideous wearer.
Butterbean

Small Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: May 17, 2018, 05:11:35 AM »

May 16

(archive photo)

Gorgeous dress.  Hideous wearer.

Nice dress, shame about the bouf hair and massive earrings ruining focus the dress detail should have got and making it look like a mess.
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: May 17, 2018, 07:24:48 AM »

Not the best pic of her : fake smile not reaching her eyes and severe hairdo making her looking older.

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: May 17, 2018, 07:28:07 AM »

PPE gallery of the same event

http://www.ppe-agency.com...arch=16-05-2018%20Denmark

Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: May 17, 2018, 07:46:53 AM »

May 16
Yrma participates in and speaks at the Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2018
As the protector of the Copenhagen Fashion Summit, Yrma participated in the official opening of the Copenhagen Fashion Summit in the DR Concert Hall in Copenhagen. She was received by the CEO at Copenhagen Fashion Summit Eva Kruse on arrival.

Star PeDe. Mares may have copied someone else's style but wow! she looks good!
Mango

Baby Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: May 17, 2018, 02:28:25 PM »

She looks good indeed in that white blouse and green skirt, but the outfit before with the black blouse, white skirt and blue accessories has to be my favorite!
Princess MS

Warned
Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: May 17, 2018, 02:34:00 PM »

She looks good indeed in that white blouse and green skirt, but the outfit before with the black blouse, white skirt and blue accessories has to be my favorite!

Why doesn't NQM have a "working wardrobe" of seperates like everyone else does - and wear them on rotation ? So much of what she turns up in is blah
Piper

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: May 17, 2018, 02:54:19 PM »

My beef with her is that for every 10 outfits, 9 are ALWAYS new and 1 a repeat. Wasteful, shallow and obnoxious Snare
putti

Large Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: May 17, 2018, 03:47:21 PM »

Star  Putti

Can you or someone else from Danmark, tell me how is MEDiana's  Danglish?

Is it as bad as it sounds to my ears?  Confused Confused

G Confused

To say she has hours of private tuition it's not great.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: May 17, 2018, 08:18:01 PM »

^^^ more photos of the fasion dinner

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 08:59:09 PM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: May 17, 2018, 08:22:08 PM »

May 17
Yrma is present with the Mary Foundation by awarding the winners of Media Campaign with Sex & Society

CROWN PRINCESS'S SPEECH AT THE AWARD OF THE WINNERS OF THE MEDIA COMPETITION 2018
Congratulations to all the winners. You have researched, brainstormed, discussed and worked hard. It is clear to see in your newspapers and news sites. The theme "Love yourself - body and ideals" have you changed and you have written about many more different topics than I imagined.

This is one of the wine guides. It is 7.D at Lillevang School that has made it. Where are you sitting, 7.D? I will start by reading from the leader in your newspaper:

" Today, there are too many who walk around with a lump in their stomach and feel they do not really fit into their self-written norms. Social media is a good example of this. It affects the humanity of how to look. Especially the young people think it's a leak for the perfect body and the perfect way to strive for themselves. These are the inner values ​​that count, but often there are many who forget. We all have a responsibility and a duty to treat each other with respect and care, even if you do not look or do like the others. "One always lives in someone's lives in his hands," is an existential thought, according to philosopher KE Løgstrup. We will always carry some of our fellow human lives in our hands. No matter if we do a little thing, it will put a touch or impression on the person's life . "

The lead writer is based on the inner turmoil. The lump in the stomach, which we all know and have experienced. The uncertainty that may arise with the question: "What do the others think about me?" The uncertainty that we may not dare to show who we really are. Or do the things we want most. We may be afraid to pop out, be wrong - that we are not good enough if we are just ourselves.

We know that every fifth young person has difficulty talking to his friends about what really botheres him or her. If you do not feel that you can tell how you actually do, or show who you are in, you can easily feel very lonely.

In this way ideals of the perfect can stand in the way of feeling part of the community. Ideas are created to inspire - not to prevent anyone from being himself. And it should not require so much to dare to be self.

In the Mary Foundation we have chosen to be part of the Media Competition 2018 and contribute with our experience in the development of the materials because the theme "Love yourself - body and ideals" lies in the natural extension of our work, including bullying and loneliness. We work for everyone to have a right to belong to. And no one should stand alone or feel outside.

The leader in the 7th newspaper deals with something central to describing our responsibility to treat each other with respect and care. We are all different. Try looking at your side man. You look different, though you may also look like each other on some points. You may be skilled at different things. You may probably like different things. And you may have different hopes and dreams for the future. We must make space for this diversity because it makes life not only more interesting, but much more valuable.

What we all share in common is that we need to be part of a community. We all need to be seen, acknowledged and loved, like those we are. And we need to feel that we contribute to something that is greater than ourselves. You can help each other to be caring, spacious and tolerant - and appreciate each other's differences.

So no one needs to spend all his energy.

So everyone dares tell others how they actually go and have it.

So everyone can meet up in school every day and just be themselves.

Thank you for your efforts and inspirational papers.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 98   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: