Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Yrma - NEWS & EVENTS  (Read 142630 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: May 10, 2018, 08:56:16 PM »

Mary's 'Concerned Humanitarian' face can be confused with her 'Mary doesn't understand Danish' face.

Star after all these years...

Laughing
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: May 12, 2018, 10:46:59 PM »

May 9 ^^^^^
Princess Mary Foundation meeting at the Royal Palace in Copenhagen.

NEW keyhole knotted neck blouse by VICTORIA BECKHAM = $969

Beautiful blouse but OMG it costed a small fortune  Yikes

Visit us https://a-minha-vida-afinal-deu-um-blog.webnode.pt

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Chandrasekhi

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: May 12, 2018, 11:51:24 PM »

So let me see if I have this right.  Here we have Mosh, by any standard a kept woman with no discernible talents or accomplishments of her own other than apparently being able to have orgasms with any camera on sight, and she’s lecturing on the empowerment of women?  Seriously?  What is wrong with this picture?   
Then again, the media and the public are happy to give anyone with a tad bit of celebrity status any kind of credit:
They hug a brown baby - voila we have a humanitarian
They post a picture of a dead tree - tata: here is your environmentalist
They blog about their new vegan diet and make-up: Oh, look totally into health
They manage to get into a UN something (and seriously how could something so wonderful like the UN de-generate into a media and celebrity circus?) and we have a Human rights, gender equality name it activist.

And to be fair, Mary is no shrinking violet, she and Fred know everything there is about female power....

I can't understand this either...and I've been working with different UN institutions for years! Some causes need publicity though (probably) so that may be it. I always get frustrated about celebs/royals using the UN system because the real people behind projects get overshadowed. But then again, as my boss tells me - it's not about individuals but about ideas and impact and all the ideas, operations, and impact and everything associated with that comes from people who do day-to-day work not from fame hungry people trying to establish themselves as something they aren't.
  Star Yvonne, is publicity required for:
    a) fundrasiing for solution/programme development and implementation?
    b) solution adoption?
    c) a&b

( Celebs include royalty for convenience) Where does the majority of the funding come from for example, programmes you are currently involved in? Does the value of a cdlebrity endorsement/support lie in face recognition/ networks? Face recognition would help with raising funds from Joe public, yes/no? Networks are where the single big donors would arise from yes/no?

Solution adoption could only be assisted by celebrity involvement if the celebs had some legitimacy, yes/no?

Are there more efficient ways to raise funding/awareness than celebirty endorsements or patronages?
Chandrasekhi

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: May 12, 2018, 11:53:06 PM »

So let me see if I have this right.  Here we have Mosh, by any standard a kept woman with no discernible talents or accomplishments of her own other than apparently being able to have orgasms with any camera on sight, and she’s lecturing on the empowerment of women?  Seriously?  What is wrong with this picture?   
Then again, the media and the public are happy to give anyone with a tad bit of celebrity status any kind of credit:
They manage to get into a UN something (and seriously how could something so wonderful like the UN de-generate into a media and celebrity circus?) and we have a Human rights, gender equality name it activist.

And to be fair, Mary is no shrinking violet, she and Fred know everything there is about female power....
Star Thumb up Brillliant summation, fairy.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: May 15, 2018, 05:26:48 PM »

May 15
Yrma participates in the Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2018
The summit is held at Copenhagen Concert Hall. Copenhagen Fashion Summit is an international conference that focuses on sustainable fashion. Copenhagen Fashion Summit which gathers decision makers of the large fashion industry is known as Davos of the fashion industry. The sixth edition of the event will take place this year and last for two days.

Lizardcandy

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: May 16, 2018, 05:57:03 AM »

May 15
Yrma participates in the Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2018
The summit is held at Copenhagen Concert Hall. Copenhagen Fashion Summit is an international conference that focuses on sustainable fashion. Copenhagen Fashion Summit which gathers decision makers of the large fashion industry is known as Davos of the fashion industry. The sixth edition of the event will take place this year and last for two days.

Annnnnd the one time a plain white blouse would have looked great, she manages to blow it. I like the skirt and shoes and hair and purse even. Navy and black is jarring to my eye.
Yvonne

Mini Member

Ethiopia Ethiopia

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: May 16, 2018, 10:20:43 AM »

So let me see if I have this right.  Here we have Mosh, by any standard a kept woman with no discernible talents or accomplishments of her own other than apparently being able to have orgasms with any camera on sight, and shes lecturing on the empowerment of women?  Seriously?  What is wrong with this picture?   

I can't understand this either...and I've been working with different UN institutions for years! Some causes need publicity though (probably) so that may be it. I always get frustrated about celebs/royals using the UN system because the real people behind projects get overshadowed. But then again, as my boss tells me - it's not about individuals but about ideas and impact and all the ideas, operations, and impact and everything associated with that comes from people who do day-to-day work not from fame hungry people trying to establish themselves as something they aren't.
    b) solution adoption?
    c) a&b

( Celebs include royalty for convenience) Where does the majority of the funding come from for example, programmes you are currently involved in? Does the value of a cdlebrity endorsement/support lie in face recognition/ networks? Face recognition would help with raising funds from Joe public, yes/no? Networks are where the single big donors would arise from yes/no?

Solution adoption could only be assisted by celebrity involvement if the celebs had some legitimacy, yes/no?

Are there more efficient ways to raise funding/awareness than celebirty endorsements or patronages?

Happy to be corrected by others but this is my experience:
- Fundraising for different projects may be why celebs may be needed for organization such as UNICEF, they also ask for donations from common folks in supermarkets and on flights, I've noticed. We always joke that UNICEF is a big charity, not a multilateral, but I love the organization nonetheless. I'm not sure though how much it is donations and how much it's money from governments that UNICEF spends. I don't think that donations are enough to cover the cheapest programs and salaries for staff and consultants working on them ...
- Celebs are never needed for solution adoption, it's done by senior folks - with at least P-4 level as it depends on so many factors that only insiders may know. Maxima may be an exception due to her work experience, but again she may only voice her opinion.
- UNDP, UNAIDS, UNESCO, and others work with money from nation states/governments and/or by cooperating with donors such as the World Bank, IMF, USAID. That's the type of funding used on the projects I've worked. Never through fundraising from the public or through celebs/royals. Nation states pay their regular part based on many factors (GDP, economic strength, etc) and in addition may give financial support to particular projects because of policies/threats in their own countries. Donors again come not because of celebs/royals but because of their own programs - it is beneficial to partner for many operational reasons.
- Nation states adopt UN frameworks not because of celebs but because it is UN people who come and talk to governments there, not people like Mary. 
- I unfortunately can't comment on efficiency of different ways of fundraising or raising awareness as my field doesn't need that: we get stable funding from a few western governments and some big donors, and the topic is something that is important but doesn't require the public to contribute in any way, if that makes sense.
- One of the things UN is doing is changing attitudes/behaviors so this is where celebs may step in - gender  equality, LGBTQ rights, refugees, for example - this is where the public in many places needs to change how they treat certain groups of people so having someone famous on board may be good for that. But Emma Watson or Jolie may be them, not Mary or Sofia or MM in the future.
Princess MS

Warned
Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: May 16, 2018, 11:19:13 AM »

So let me see if I have this right.  Here we have Mosh, by any standard a kept woman with no discernible talents or accomplishments of her own other than apparently being able to have orgasms with any camera on sight, and shes lecturing on the empowerment of women?  Seriously?  What is wrong with this picture?   

b) solution adoption?
    c) a&b

Happy to be corrected by others but this is my experience:
- Fundraising for different projects may be why celebs may be needed for organization such as UNICEF, they also ask for donations from common folks in supermarkets and on flights, I've noticed. We always joke that UNICEF is a big charity, not a multilateral, but I love the organization nonetheless. I'm not sure though how much it is donations and how much it's money from governments that UNICEF spends. I don't think that donations are enough to cover the cheapest programs and salaries for staff and consultants working on them ...
- Celebs are never needed for solution adoption, it's done by senior folks - with at least P-4 level as it depends on so many factors that only insiders may know. Maxima may be an exception due to her work experience, but again she may only voice her opinion.
- UNDP, UNAIDS, UNESCO, and others work with money from nation states/governments and/or by cooperating with donors such as the World Bank, IMF, USAID. That's the type of funding used on the projects I've worked. Never through fundraising from the public or through celebs/royals. Nation states pay their regular part based on many factors (GDP, economic strength, etc) and in addition may give financial support to particular projects because of policies/threats in their own countries. Donors again come not because of celebs/royals but because of their own programs - it is beneficial to partner for many operational reasons.
- Nation states adopt UN frameworks not because of celebs but because it is UN people who come and talk to governments there, not people like Mary. 
- I unfortunately can't comment on efficiency of different ways of fundraising or raising awareness as my field doesn't need that: we get stable funding from a few western governments and some big donors, and the topic is something that is important but doesn't require the public to contribute in any way, if that makes sense.
- One of the things UN is doing is changing attitudes/behaviors so this is where celebs may step in - gender  equality, LGBTQ rights, refugees, for example - this is where the public in many places needs to change how they treat certain groups of people so having someone famous on board may be good for that. But Emma Watson or Jolie may be them, not Mary or Sofia or MM in the future.

Ha - so we have another MM - to me that has been the one from Norway - but yes we have v2 - of course the Markle will be a Mountbatten Windsor or just Windsor come Saturday . . .  happy days to them all  . . . . I'm waiting for someone to smooth my path in life . . . As for Mary - well that was a done deal many years ago - I've never understood why the Danish RF can't marry a local - Marge was Queen so could pick who she wanted (French) and her sisters were not going to marry down so a Prince and a King - but why did her second son marry two non Danes and why could Fred not marry the Danish girlfriend who would have been a better option ?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: May 16, 2018, 05:34:25 PM »

May 16
Yrma participates in and speaks at the Copenhagen Fashion Summit 2018
As the protector of the Copenhagen Fashion Summit, Yrma participated in the official opening of the Copenhagen Fashion Summit in the DR Concert Hall in Copenhagen. She was received by the CEO at Copenhagen Fashion Summit Eva Kruse on arrival.

Kins

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: May 16, 2018, 05:37:22 PM »

I love the skirt
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: May 16, 2018, 06:10:24 PM »

I know this skirt, it's from the H&M Consious (organic) line.

EDIT:

it's from the > "Green Goddess in Conscious Collection"

The collection comprises of several statement dresses for special occasions, but there are also crisp, modern pieces for everyday looks. It is a thoroughly modern expression of beautiful workmanship and powerful femininity by looking to the Arts and Crafts home of Swedish artists Karin and Carl Larsson.

other styles/colours

« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:20:04 PM by PeDe » Logged

Kaiserin

Huge Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: May 16, 2018, 06:26:53 PM »

The skirt (and the dress) are beautiful.
Just not with the white blouse and nude shoes - both pieces wash the skirt out.
I would have worn it with navy blouse and shoes, or even bolder with teal accessories.
This would make the green shine instead of toning it down.

I have not found the skirt online (there's only a mini in the same fabfic) - could it be that she had altered the dress into a midi skirt?
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: May 16, 2018, 06:29:08 PM »

Very beautiful skirt - and the dress! I really loved them both!

myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: May 16, 2018, 06:39:15 PM »

I found this on Twitter , it seems that she altered the dress but she was not the first to have this idea as someone altered the dress too and wore it at the event Mary attended yesterday

HeavenLM @HeavenQRF

Crown Princess Mary is wearing an H&M Conscious skirt today! Its a dress that she modified and Signe Wenneberg noted on her Instagram that she also modified this dress into a skirt which she wore yesterday to the 1st day of the fashion summit that Mary

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: May 16, 2018, 07:31:46 PM »

Meaaryyyy the copy-cat....LOL

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: