Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pascua Militar 2018  (Read 5401 times)
Chandrasekhi

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 06:25:01 PM »

The belt is ugly, cheapens a gala gown. The gown is also too tight. I think Leti has gained some weight, she needs to give Varela a new measurement for her clothes.

I do like her hair and makeup.
the colour on Leti is beautiful, the hair and jewels stunning but agree about the bodice of that dress: too tight, reflecting the fit many of the dresses she wears ...sometimes I wonder what she is insecure about that she would dress IMO so unprofessionally
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2018, 11:16:19 PM »

Letizia looks stunning! One of her best gowns from Varela IMHO
I've no words for what Queen Sofia is wearing.

semana

zimbio

Visit us https://a-minha-vida-afinal-deu-um-blog.webnode.pt

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
pocahontas

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2018, 04:04:33 AM »

Leti looks beautiful and like the color and material ( perfect for the season) of her dress  but I think is too somber plus the Peter Pan collar makes the outfit  too matronly. She needs add some sparkling accessories like a brooch /bracelet.

I give Leti a pass on the outfits she's worn to this event. It's a formal, daytime, military event in January. It's very hard to dress for.
Formal = floor length gown
daytime = it can't be glitzy
military = modest, somber calls for covering up
January = winter-ish weather calls for covering up

Leti should look to Sheika Mozah for inspiration. Mozah has an eclectic collection of long daytime outfits that fit the dress code requirements of Pascua Militar.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:32:42 AM by pocahontas » Logged
kpzra

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2018, 09:02:40 AM »

I didn't even realize in most of the pictures that there was a design at the bottom of the dress.  Very nice but I would almost like it better if it was a contrasting color so it could be seen.

Is it my monitor or is Sophias hair purple? Confused
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 10:52:24 AM »

Torn on Letizia's dress. On several pictures it looks very nice, very regal, very fitting for the occasion. But I swear, my granny had an almost identical dressing gown in the exact same colour, style - down to the embroidered swirls at the hem.... Thinking
And yes, Sheika Mozah is always a great inspiration.
As to the purple grey hair Sofia is sporting.... grey easily turns into purple (I painted my walls twice to achieve the soft dove grey and in some light it still seems slightly purple...)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Ghost

Mini Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2018, 10:58:37 AM »

I didn't even realize in most of the pictures that there was a design at the bottom of the dress.  Very nice but I would almost like it better if it was a contrasting color so it could be seen.

Is it my monitor or is Sophias hair purple? Confused

I think it is. When she was in Bucharest last month for the funerals of King Mihai I could noticed it, too, and seeing as the colours of other things in pictures were exactly as I know them from real life (colours of buildings, posters, uniforms, etc.) I presume the colour of her hair was accurate, too. She is 80, isn t she? I would give her a pass on that, but not on the dress.
kpzra

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 05:32:27 PM »

I was more curious because I've seen a blue wash on gray/silver hair but not purple.
Kaiserin

Huge Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 06:52:20 PM »

I do usually like 95% of what Leti wears.

But this is one of her biggest fails, imho. I don't like the Peter Pan collar, I do neither like the buttons nor that whole thing being buttoned up to the throat, I don't like that it fits like a glove from head to toe, and I don't think that wrapping in velvet is a good idea for daytime events, no matter how "festive" they are.
She had good outfits the past years, but this is so year 1900 governess like, it only lacks the little white cap.
dKaren

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2018, 08:13:23 AM »

I disliked all winter gowns made by Varela. The last 10 years, Varela hadn't made a decent gown for Pascua Militar or Diplomat Corps (isn't it so amazing for a designer ? LOL), this one is probably one of the better ones already because of the color and nice velvet. A body hugging straight-down gown really doesn't suit Leti because it accentuates her thinness.
chocolate_angel

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2018, 09:49:22 AM »

I like the earrings and the hairdo a lot and IMHO it's an appropriate winter dress...
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 06:58:59 PM »

I do usually like 95% of what Leti wears.

But this is one of her biggest fails, imho. I don't like the Peter Pan collar, I do neither like the buttons nor that whole thing being buttoned up to the throat, I don't like that it fits like a glove from head to toe, and I don't think that wrapping in velvet is a good idea for daytime events, no matter how "festive" they are.
She had good outfits the past years, but this is so year 1900 governess like, it only lacks the little white cap.

Kaiserin you cracked me up  Laughing this is for you  Star I thought the same but you described it perfectly and then I founded this “The Governess” is the title  
Any similarity is pure coincidence  Whistle  Secret
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 07:52:59 PM by Coya » Logged

esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 07:32:49 PM »

Perfect Coya!    Star
Kaiserin

Huge Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2018, 07:52:32 PM »

Coya  Star
Perfect illustration!
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2018, 12:08:06 AM »

Star Star Coya!

Visit us https://a-minha-vida-afinal-deu-um-blog.webnode.pt

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Coya

Huge Member

Peru Peru

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2018, 10:22:43 PM »

Thanks Esther Angeline, Kaiserin and Nuno  Hug

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: