Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Swedish Royal News  (Read 204055 times)
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2018, 03:26:22 PM »

I am not sure how believable that is, but it is possible. CG and his wife have one thing in common - they are a bit "posh". He is married to a commoner. All three kids are married to commoners and most of the Swedish people have to work for a living. But they snubbed Dan for a long time ... so yes ...

It is a very healthy approach to let Estelle know how "normal" people live and I bet that Dan's parents live a very normal life, too. Plus ... if the Swedish people decide one day to turn their lovely little country into a republic, Estelle is a commoner. As Madde is secured (rich husband) and CP inherited loads of stuff (due to being the "boy") they might not even have enough money to provide her a living without working.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2018, 03:01:28 PM »

Silvia, Victoria and Daniel attended a seminar in connection with the Holocaust Memorial Day at the Royal Palace in Stockholm.

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2018, 12:39:09 AM »

Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2018, 11:52:23 PM »

Sven-Harry's Art Museum's opened an exhibition called "Secrets of Couture"(26th January - 2nd April). The exhibition wants to give an overview of the history and future of the secret world of couture. One of the basic ideas for the exhibition is to raise issues on the relevance of couture in today's fashion world, and how traditional craftsmanship can be combined with sustainability and new materials.
The exhibition's creative directors are Pär Engsheden and Ingrid Giertz-Mårtenson.
Some clothes are borrowed from the Swedish Royal Family (and even from the Danish one). There are even Alicia Vikander's Oscar 2017 gown by Louis Vuitton and Selma Lagerlöf's dress at Nobel 1909.
http://www.sven-harrys.se...ka/konsthallen/secrets/ab

Fashion designers exposed are:
Balenciaga
Alexander McQueen/Givenchy
Stéphane Rolland
Louis Vuitton
Jacques Zehnder
Jørgen Bender
Castillo
Balmain
Augusta Lundin
Pär Engsheden
Ida Sjöstedt
Bea Szenfeld
Sarah Hayes & Aspar Karahynseinov – H&M

Victoria's 2016 Nobel dress by H&M (designed by Pär Engsheden)  

Sofia's dress from Nobel 2014 (Ida Sjöstedt), Madeleine's dress from Nobel 2005 (Pär Engsheden), Silvia's dress from Nobel 1994 (Jacques Zehnder), Victoria's dress from Nobel 2014 (Pär Engsheden)

Silvia dress from Nobel 2002 (Jørgen Bender...looks beautiful here compared with the photos back then)

Madeleine's dress from her pre-wedding photos in 2013 (Pär Engsheden)

lizzie78

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2018, 01:23:54 AM »

These dresses are gorgeous! Some of the more elaborate ones I think look better on their own before the orders and everything. Adding all that on top of it seems to make it too fussy and takes away from the beauty of the dress.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2018, 01:57:49 PM »

Statement by H.M. King on Ingvar Kamprad's death

Ingvar Kamprad was a true entrepreneur who, through his life work, IKEA, helped to bring Sweden to the world.

He was a down-to-earth person with a great commitment. Me and the Queen had as late as this summer's privilege to cooperate with him on the question of the housing situation of older people.

My thoughts and deepest involvement of me and my family goes to Ingvar Kamprad's family and friends today.

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2018, 03:28:32 PM »

Thank you Arturo  Star.  I really enjoyed looking at those exquisite gowns.

Those dresses are absolutely beautiful, with one exception imo.....I think Sofia’s looks like a prom dress.
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2018, 03:38:59 PM »

Victoria's red Nobel dress 

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2018, 06:04:22 PM »

Those dresses are absolutely beautiful, with one exception imo.....I think Sofia’s looks like a prom dress.

Sofia's dress is even ugly on the mannequin.  It absolutely looks like a cheap prom dress and looks out of place next to the other gowns.  Thumb down
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2018, 07:37:29 PM »

Victoria's red Nobel dress 

It's so beautiful. I really hope she will wear it again some day.
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2018, 09:46:38 PM »

Sofia's dress is even ugly on the mannequin.  It absolutely looks like a cheap prom dress and looks out of place next to the other gowns.  Thumb down

I just stared at the pic for a moment. That... thing is not on par AT ALL with the other dresses being displayed. I remember how we all deconstructed that dress when she wore it, the shoddy workmanship, the overall crappiness of it. Who thought it was a good idea to display that piece of (expensive) junk?

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2018, 09:49:59 PM »

I agree on that
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2018, 09:52:13 PM »

ITA with you. Nothing can save this dress from being a monstrosity on its own. So paired with Snakey as its wearer  Yikes Dead

On the contrary, Victoria's red gown was and still is regal and majestic 

Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2018, 10:04:32 PM »

Cheap, tacky and way too low-cut... Out of all the fantastic dresses Silvia has worn through the years, this is the one that deserved to be put on display??  Crazy

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2018, 10:11:19 PM »

Cheap, tacky and way too low-cut... Out of all the fantastic dresses Silvia has worn through the years, this is the one that deserved to be put on display??  Crazy

She looked like a reject from the Ice Capades in that dress. And yes, I was looking for one from Silvia, wth?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: