Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Swedish Royal News  (Read 187029 times)
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #750 on: December 18, 2018, 07:19:04 AM »

Victoria looks so good in timeless classic designs. This red suit is one of the best she owns both because of its design and wonderful shade of red. Its great she recycled again the jacket, this time with the black pencil skirt and lovely brooch. She has also worn the skirt with the coat. This is how we do mixing&matching and create new and fresh looks  Wink
https://www.kungahuset.se...0e3da316020bcd27fe68.html
Its a shame she didn't manage to do something better with her hair. Her hairstyle look flat and ugly, especially with her feminine outfit. That man next to her seem have more hair that Victoria  Tongue

BTW: Michelle Pfeiffer also wore similar jacket but in black:
https://fashionsizzle.com...2018-golden-globe-awards/

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:59:46 AM by Eve » Logged
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #751 on: December 19, 2018, 07:18:05 PM »

Wow thatís right. Itís getting dark at about 6pm in north Texas so it translates !!
It would be hard to lose sunlight so much of the time.
Madeline must be loving Florida!!
I've been in the Highlands of Scotland in mid June. The sun never really goes down. I imagine it is the reverse right now.

It's midwinter here. White, glistening snow and the darkest blue sky ever with silver stars all across it,
or aurora borealis, or just gorgeous yellow-pink-blue and whatnot above.
I wouldn't change this time and place for anything.  Star

oh, Ginger, I envy you    this is out-of-the-world spectacular....WOW, thanks for sharing  Star

calliope

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #752 on: December 19, 2018, 08:37:14 PM »

Victoria looks stunning in red . I think sheís more and more ready to take on the top postion. She absolutely has a regal presence and posture and reminds me of other iron ladies like Beatrix and of course QE II. Iím looking forward to the Queen Victoria era. Does anyone of you know, Is CG planning on abdicating at some point or does he like Margarethe stays on till he dies?  Thinking

I doubt CG is going to abdicate. Like Denmark, Sweden doesn't have a tradition of monarchs abdicating. Although, you never know nowadays! Queen Victoria could be closer than we all think! 
ElisaRose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #753 on: December 19, 2018, 09:11:04 PM »

Victoria looks stunning in red . I think sheís more and more ready to take on the top postion. She absolutely has a regal presence and posture and reminds me of other iron ladies like Beatrix and of course QE II. Iím looking forward to the Queen Victoria era. Does anyone of you know, Is CG planning on abdicating at some point or does he like Margarethe stays on till he dies?  Thinking

I doubt CG is going to abdicate. Like Denmark, Sweden doesn't have a tradition of monarchs abdicating. Although, you never know nowadays! Queen Victoria could be closer than we all think! 
Thank you Caliope  Star,
Yes, you might be right. I think she is ready and will make a wonderful queen. Smiley

"I always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life.Ē HRH The Princess Margaret
Antevorta

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #754 on: December 19, 2018, 09:18:26 PM »

CG has always stated that he wants Victoria to take the time to be a mom and to be with her children while they are young and need her the most.  Perhaps this is because of how he saw Vic, CP and Madeleine affected by their parent's long absences.  Becoming Queen will be a huge tax not only on Vic but on Dan, Estelle and Oscar.  While I am no fan of CG, I appreciate that he wants Estelle and Oscar to have their time with Vic before Vic takes on all of Sweden.
Lovis

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #755 on: December 19, 2018, 09:32:35 PM »

CG has always stated that he wants Victoria to take the time to be a mom and to be with her children while they are young and need her the most.  Perhaps this is because of how he saw Vic, CP and Madeleine affected by their parent's long absences.  Becoming Queen will be a huge tax not only on Vic but on Dan, Estelle and Oscar.  While I am no fan of CG, I appreciate that he wants Estelle and Oscar to have their time with Vic before Vic takes on all of Sweden.

I couldn't agree more.  Thumb up
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #756 on: December 20, 2018, 06:07:40 PM »

CG, Silvia, Victoria and Daniel attended the formal gathering of the Swedish Academy. This is the first time that CP, Sofia, Madeleine and Chris do not attend. The press (not Hant et similia) is suggesting that CG's decision is due to the fact that he is angry for the mess happened at the Swedish Academy.
As often, the answer from the court is useless...I was expecting something which said that the King is focusing on the Royal Couple and the Crown Princess Couple, as they did before (e.g. the sitting place at the Nobel). But the answer is ambiguous, IMO suggesting that the press may be right.
Then, as you can see (and as Svenskdam writes), the table of the members is almost empty.

This is the answer (from Aftonbladet https://www.aftonbladet.s...tten-av-svenska-akademien):
"I want to say that the king is in place as the Academy's highest protector and crown princess as its next highest protector," said Margareta Thorgren, Head of Information at the Court.
"We look forward to this institution in the long run and hope it will get out of this crisis. It is true that not everyone is in place and it is always a valuation from time to time who will participate. And of course, there are different reasons why not everyone is this time.
We were already aware of the powers the king had to act to move forward in the process. We have been very careful not to act otherwise than permitted," says Margaret Thorgren, who says that the king is now awaiting what is happening to Academy.
[...]
Archbishop Antje Jackelťn told a few days ago that she will not attend the festivities because of how "the Academy and some members have profiled themselves". "I simply can not express my solidarity by participating," she says to DN."

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 06:26:11 PM by Arturo94 » Logged

SouthernBelle

Big Member

United States United States

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #757 on: December 20, 2018, 06:17:24 PM »

CG may be an awful human being but I do think he did an excellent job of preparing Vic for her future role.

calliope

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #758 on: December 20, 2018, 07:13:04 PM »

Whilst I do think that Vic is ready for the role, I absolutely agree with you that her remaining in her current role is in the best interests for her family, which is what is really important.  Star
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #759 on: December 20, 2018, 07:35:24 PM »

Whatís happening at the academy ?
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #760 on: December 20, 2018, 08:27:21 PM »

Yes, Iím not sure I followed that....
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #761 on: December 20, 2018, 08:52:13 PM »

It is linked to the "sexual scandal" at the Academy earlier this year. In April, three members of the academy board resigned in response to a sexual-misconduct investigation involving author Jean-Claude Arnault, husband of  Katarina Frostenson, which is a board member. He was accused by at least 18 women of sexual assault and harassment (then, it was said that also Victoria has become embroiled - as a victim- in the sexual harassment scandal. I remember that even here in Italy the story about Victoria was told in the most important daily TV news).
In May CG amended the rules of the academy and made it possible for members to resign. The new rules also state that a member who has been inactive in the work of the academy for more than two years can be asked to resign (which was forbidden before). This is why you see all the empty seats at the table...few members decided to stay in the Academy. However if I have understood it correctly, some new members may enter next year. Svenskdam pointed out how the atmosphere this year was really different at the gathering.  
https://www.google.com/se...&biw=1366&bih=626
Because of the scandal the Nobel Prize for Literature this year was not given, as you have probably noted.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #762 on: December 20, 2018, 08:59:26 PM »

Wow thatís right. Itís getting dark at about 6pm in north Texas so it translates !!
It would be hard to lose sunlight so much of the time.
Madeline must be loving Florida!!
I've been in the Highlands of Scotland in mid June. The sun never really goes down. I imagine it is the reverse right now.

It's midwinter here. White, glistening snow and the darkest blue sky ever with silver stars all across it,
or aurora borealis, or just gorgeous yellow-pink-blue and whatnot above.
I wouldn't change this time and place for anything.  Star

WOW!!!  Like being inside of an opal!  So beautiful.  Star
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #763 on: December 20, 2018, 09:04:17 PM »

It is linked to the "sexual scandal" at the Academy earlier this year. In April, three members of the academy board resigned in response to a sexual-misconduct investigation involving author Jean-Claude Arnault, husband of  Katarina Frostenson, which is a board member. He was accused by at least 18 women of sexual assault and harassment (then, it was said that also Victoria has become embroiled - as a victim- in the sexual harassment scandal. I remember that even here in Italy the story about Victoria was told in the most important daily TV news).
In May CG amended the rules of the academy and made it possible for members to resign. The new rules also state that a member who has been inactive in the work of the academy for more than two years can be asked to resign (which was forbidden before). This is why you see all the empty seats at the table...few members decided to stay in the Academy. However if I have understood it correctly, some new members may enter next year. Svenskdam pointed out how the atmosphere this year was really different at the gathering.  
Because of the scandal the Nobel Prize for Literature this year was not given, as you have probably noted.

Arnault has now been convincted to 2.5 years in prison on two accounts of rape.
Frostensson also leaked the name of the nobel laureates in litterature to Arnault several times.
The academy are still investigating the matter and is working to get Frostensson removed from the academy. This scandal has been huge here in Sweden and it's ongoing.
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #764 on: December 20, 2018, 09:17:33 PM »

Arnault has now been convincted to 2.5 years in prison on two accounts of rape.
Frostensson also leaked the name of the nobel laureates in litterature to Arnault several times.
The academy are still investigating the matter and is working to get Frostensson removed from the academy. This scandal has been huge here in Sweden and it's ongoing.

Oh, I did not know about it ... Thank you for the information Desideria  Star

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: