The King's secret "time out-apartment"https://stoppapressarna.s...hemliga-lagenhet-avslojad
For years it has been reported that the king owns an apartment unknown to the public.
A secret residence where it is said that he has both drinked whiskey and danced with coffee girls on the tables.
"A lot of things are said to have happened in the rooms," a source says.
When the famous book "The Reluctant Monarch" was released, the Swedish monarchy was shaken to its foundations. The book paints an unflattering picture of the Swedish monarch, who, according to the authors, had visited strip clubs, cheated on his wife and enjoyed young coffee girls after having dinner with his friends in the upper society. The book was followed by several investigative reports in the media where different women witnessed how they had been invited to parties with the king and his friends.
According to one of the women, the men were manipulative in their ways.
- I probably wasn't very fun to them. I was quite moral. Sure, I saw that people were stripping, but I sat there fully dressed with the men. It was not my thing to take my clothes off, she told Expressen.
According to sources, the king, 71, had at that time a top secret apartment at Östermalm in Stockholm. The floor functioned as an overnight stay where the monarch could have his last whiskey instead of going home to Drottningholm Castle and his wife.
There were also persistent rumors of wild after parties where the king and his friends partyed late at night. Usually with female company. For this reason, the apartment was kept under tight secrecy. An informed source close to the royal family tells us that "the king's unknown floor" is a very sensitive topic at the court.
- Yes, it's not something you speak openly about. There have always been rumours that his majesty sometimes takes a detour to his apartment. It is apparently a nice bachelor apartment, a relaxing place where he can be himself, says an informed person and continues:
- It's a very mythical place and a lot is said to have happened in the rooms. I heard dancing with the girls on the table. And wild partying!
In September 2005, the Solo newspaper claimed that the king used the apartment for cheating on his wife. Three famous Swedish women were also pointed out as mistresses.
- The apartment is said to have been used by his father and grandfather for the same purpose, Aftonbladet wrote.
In recent years, however, there has been only silence regarding the king's apartment. And just as it was falling into oblivion, it was suddenly brought up again. When the radio journalist Roger Nordin gets asked about "royal rumors" he cannot help mentioning the apartment.
- You cannot talk about the king's apartment at Östermalm, I suppose? He certainly has an apartment where he goes to take a "time-out" from Silvia. In any case, that's what I've heard anyway, Nordin told Hänt Extra.