Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Swedish Royal News  (Read 176777 times)
Desideria

Medium Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: December 20, 2018, 09:45:40 PM »

What’s happening at the academy ?

Yes, I’m not sure I followed that....

It is linked to the "sexual scandal" at the Academy earlier this year. In April, three members of the academy board resigned in response to a sexual-misconduct investigation involving author Jean-Claude Arnault, husband of  Katarina Frostenson, which is a board member. He was accused by at least 18 women of sexual assault and harassment (then, it was said that also Victoria has become embroiled - as a victim- in the sexual harassment scandal. I remember that even here in Italy the story about Victoria was told in the most important daily TV news).
In May CG amended the rules of the academy and made it possible for members to resign. The new rules also state that a member who has been inactive in the work of the academy for more than two years can be asked to resign (which was forbidden before). This is why you see all the empty seats at the table...few members decided to stay in the Academy. However if I have understood it correctly, some new members may enter next year. Svenskdam pointed out how the atmosphere this year was really different at the gathering.  
https://www.google.com/se...&biw=1366&bih=626
Because of the scandal the Nobel Prize for Literature this year was not given, as you have probably noted.

Arnault has now been convincted to 2.5 years in prison on two accounts of rape.
Frostensson also leaked the name of the nobel laureates in litterature to Arnault several times.
The academy are still investigating the matter and is working to get Frostensson removed from the academy. This scandal has been huge here in Sweden and it's ongoing.

Oh, I did not know about it ... Thank you for the information Desideria  Star

Hug Arturo94! There has been one scandal after the other, one new investigation, resignation... for more than a year now. It's been hard to keep up with the mess, even if you read the Swedish papers. I don't think everything has been reported in the foreign press, but it's been huge here.
Anyhow - there seems to be a lot of nepotism, misogyny and corruption in the acadamy and among the hangarounds. The RF has  every reason to make a "quiet protest" by letting CP and Sofia and Madeleine and Christ stay at home. I think they will get a lot of respect for not letting this pass unnoticed.
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: December 21, 2018, 03:14:42 AM »

I think that may reflect too in the dark colours Silvia and Victoria have chosen to wear.
Eve

Medium Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: December 21, 2018, 08:24:30 AM »

I think that may reflect too in the dark colours Silvia and Victoria have chosen to wear.

Royal ladies have worn dark colours (black, dark blue, dark red) for the event in previous years, nothing new here  Wink

If the king is angry for the mess what happened at the Swedish Academy, and he wanted to "tell off" the academy, then the best way would have been to leave out higher ranking royals and send only Carl Philip and/or Madeleine to the gathering  Roll Eyes  Or at least do so that only the King attends but no one else from the family! But now Victoria was also there all smiley-smiley, also the King and The Queen, so seems like a lame excuse to leave out prince and princess couples! Are they honourary guest or something? Or were those attending OK with things happening at the Academy??
It was really weird to see empty table. They decided not to give out NP for Literature this year, then perhaps they should have cancelled also the Academy's formal gathering?  

The mess at the Academy doesn't look good. Not good at all. Because of the scandal the Nobel Prize for Literature this year was not given. That is a real shame because one person per year get it and there are so many incredible authors out there who deserve the prize...
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: December 21, 2018, 09:22:21 AM »

Yes, I’m not sure I followed that....

It is linked to the "sexual scandal" at the Academy earlier this year. In April, three members of the academy board resigned in response to a sexual-misconduct investigation involving author Jean-Claude Arnault, husband of  Katarina Frostenson, which is a board member. He was accused by at least 18 women of sexual assault and harassment (then, it was said that also Victoria has become embroiled - as a victim- in the sexual harassment scandal. I remember that even here in Italy the story about Victoria was told in the most important daily TV news).
In May CG amended the rules of the academy and made it possible for members to resign. The new rules also state that a member who has been inactive in the work of the academy for more than two years can be asked to resign (which was forbidden before). This is why you see all the empty seats at the table...few members decided to stay in the Academy. However if I have understood it correctly, some new members may enter next year. Svenskdam pointed out how the atmosphere this year was really different at the gathering.  
https://www.google.com/se...&biw=1366&bih=626
Because of the scandal the Nobel Prize for Literature this year was not given, as you have probably noted.

Arnault has now been convincted to 2.5 years in prison on two accounts of rape.
Frostensson also leaked the name of the nobel laureates in litterature to Arnault several times.
The academy are still investigating the matter and is working to get Frostensson removed from the academy. This scandal has been huge here in Sweden and it's ongoing.

Oh, I did not know about it ... Thank you for the information Desideria  Star

Hug Arturo94! There has been one scandal after the other, one new investigation, resignation... for more than a year now. It's been hard to keep up with the mess, even if you read the Swedish papers. I don't think everything has been reported in the foreign press, but it's been huge here.
Anyhow - there seems to be a lot of nepotism, misogyny and corruption in the acadamy and among the hangarounds. The RF has  every reason to make a "quiet protest" by letting CP and Sofia and Madeleine and Christ stay at home. I think they will get a lot of respect for not letting this pass unnoticed.

Hug I understand it now...In fact I tried to look for something but it is really a lot of stuff and I can just imagine how it is reported there.

Royal ladies have worn dark colours (black, dark blue, dark red) for the event in previous years, nothing new here  Wink

If the king is angry for the mess what happened at the Swedish Academy, and he wanted to "tell off" the academy, then the best way would have been to leave out higher ranking royals and send only Carl Philip and/or Madeleine to the gathering  Roll Eyes  Or at least do so that only the King attends but no one else from the family! But now Victoria was also there all smiley-smiley, also the King and The Queen, so seems like a lame excuse to leave out prince and princess couples! Are they honourary guest or something? Or were those attending OK with things happening at the Academy??
It was really weird to see empty table. They decided not to give out NP for Literature this year, then perhaps they should have cancelled also the Academy's formal gathering?  

The mess at the Academy doesn't look good. Not good at all. Because of the scandal the Nobel Prize for Literature this year was not given. That is a real shame because one person per year get it and there are so many incredible authors out there who deserve the prize...

CG is the patron of the Academy and of course, Victoria will be the next one (It was CG who made it possible for members to resign after the scandal). This is why I suppose they - have to -  attend (Victoria has attended all the ceremony since 2000...IIRC only in 2008 she did not attend). Honestly, when I saw the calendar I thought that the King decided that even for this event they have to focus on the sovereign and the heir and I was expecting a direct answer like the one they gave for Nobel sitting places...but they did not. The answer is (IMHO) really ambiguous.
I suppose that if this is true what the press is saying, the reason is that this event was seen as one of the major events in December for the whole Royal Family (like a State Visit or an official dinner...it was one of the royal family's events where we were able to see the complete royal family), CG decided to cut the other members of the Royal Family (the ones which could be left out) to give a kind of sign. JMO  Smiley

« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 09:30:35 AM by Arturo94 » Logged

Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: December 26, 2018, 12:27:30 PM »

TV4 broadcasted the programm "Kungahuset 2018". To watch it, you have to register but it is free...however, unluckily, in I cannot see it here in Italy. I post the link anyway so you can see if it works in your country.
https://www.tv4play.se/program/kungahuset/3973944

During CG's speech, there was a photo on his desk, the family photo which will be probably released in a few days.

From the left, it seems there are, CG and Silvia, CP standing holding Gabriel, Sofia holding Leonore in the centre, and Madeleine (probably holding Adrienne) with Alexander by her side and Chris with Nicolas behind. On the right side, Victoria with Oscar and Daniel with Estelle.

Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: December 28, 2018, 03:22:56 PM »

According to Stoppa pressarna, CG & Silvia are flying to Miami tomorrow to celebrate New Year's Eve with Madde & Chris. V & D and CP & Sof might be going too.

https://stoppapressarna.s...s-nyarsbomb-firar-i-miami
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: December 29, 2018, 03:06:58 PM »

SVT published online the documentary "Året med kungafamiljen". The documentary will be broadcasted on January 1st.  I really like the program and how all the activities of the Royal Family are included with interviews, and also how the children have their part in the documentary.
https://www.svtplay.se/vi...1?start=auto&tab=2018

You can find:
- Silvia interviewed in Solliden;
- CP, Sofia and Alexander in Södermanland;
- Victoria's birthday;
- Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and Oscar in Öland;
- The king at the Royal Palace;
- Short clips on the state visit from Iceland, CG and Silvia visiting SVT, Global Child Forum;
- CG, Victoria and Daniel visiting Pau in October;
- CG and Silvia visiting Japan
- Victoria as the Öland Inhabitant of the Year and Victoria's hike on Öland;
- Madeleine and Leonore on Childhood Day;
- Adrienne's christening;
- Daniel inaugurating the Ugglebo Arena in Ockelbo;
- Victoria at the Paralympic Games;
- Sofia's day at her office and at Visa Vägen Gala;
- Carl Philip at Volvo Ocean Race in the Netherlands;
- Victoria and Daniel's visit to Jordan and Lebanon;
- The king presents the Bernadotte Library and talks about the problems in the Swedish Academy;
- The Nobel;

It has also published long videos of some events shown at the program and some events which were not shown:
Victoria, Daniel, Estelle and Oscar in Oland: https://www.svtplay.se/vi...n?start=auto&tab=2018

Victoria at the Paralympic Games: https://www.svtplay.se/vi...s?start=auto&tab=2018

Victoria hiking in Bohuslän on May: https://www.svtplay.se/kl...ssans-vandring-i-bohuslan

CG, Silvia, Victoria and Daniel in France: https://www.svtplay.se/vi...e?start=auto&tab=2018

Silvia's interview in Solliden: https://www.svtplay.se/vi...n?start=auto&tab=2018

A day at work with Sofia: https://www.svtplay.se/vi...a?start=auto&tab=2018

Some gif and photos:

Does someone know whose is that monogram? Thinking

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 03:23:45 PM by Arturo94 » Logged

Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: December 29, 2018, 03:25:53 PM »

I believe the monogram is Queen Margrethe’s of Denmark.
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: December 29, 2018, 03:28:35 PM »

Oh ok...thank you  Star    I thought about it but the two letters (?) below the "M" confused me 

Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: December 29, 2018, 03:42:53 PM »

Oh ok...thank you  Star    I thought about it but the two letters (?) below the "M" confused me 

Queen Regnant?
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: December 29, 2018, 03:51:19 PM »

I believe that below the "M" are "2 R"...Margrethe II Regina

Very simply to Liz with "EIIR"...Elizabeth II Regina

The "R" for either Rex or Regina is very much a British thing but looking at Google, Margrethe's father used an "R" as well.
Nappes_911

Mini Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Nappe's 911

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: December 29, 2018, 04:08:51 PM »

The "R" for either Rex or Regina is very much a British thing but looking at Google, Margrethe's father used an "R" as well.

It is Latin...
mariposa
Banned
Banned
Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: December 29, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »

Thanks Arturo94 for the pictures and information. The set actually made me tolerate Sofia for 2 seconds.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #778 on: December 29, 2018, 05:07:59 PM »

Um, it’s been used for centuries here. Easily 300 years based on my quick google search.

Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #779 on: December 29, 2018, 05:10:42 PM »

Um, it’s been used for centuries here. Easily 300 years based on my quick google search.

Good to know...I will admit my search was very shallow.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: