Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima: 2018 Events  (Read 20427 times)
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« on: January 12, 2018, 12:11:54 AM »

On January 11, Thursday, Queen Maxia made a working visit to youth organizations TijdVoorActie and Netwerk Nieuw Rotterdam in Rotterdam. TijdvoorActie is a national network which creates a voluntary youth network for local entrepreneurs and provides support to local entrepreneurs. Young volunteers and people requesting help are put together in local networks. Netwerk Nieuw Rotterdam is a local youth organization which provides help and communication network to defenseless and lonely people.

Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 12:43:22 AM »

I don't like her outfit at all.

Visit us https://a-minha-vida-afinal-deu-um-blog.webnode.pt

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 02:20:08 AM »

While I like Maxima's ready smile and the fact that she always seems engaged in the people around her, most of her clothing choices are not my style.

Secret  I hate her hair. It often looks greasy and unkempt - and very much so in these photos.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 04:32:49 AM »

I love Max, and she can pull off clothing styles that few women can.  However, this entire look is just a big old mess.  Her hair looks sloppy, the skirt is unflattering on her, and that top is not her friend. 
Eve

Mini Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 07:48:36 AM »

Maxima's makeup looks off, her lipstick weirdly gone (you can only see her red lips outline).
I don't know if its the quality of the photos or she was sad about smthing but suddenly she looks so old and tired, not her usualy bubbly Maxima  Shocked
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 10:51:49 AM »

I have often wondered, that we can rarely tell, that a royal is somewhat under the weather. And I could imagine, that often when we criticize their appearance  - bad hair, make-up or accuse them of looking bored, too unengaged.., they were just feeling poorly. Of course most of us work thru those times just as well and have to give our best. But I am pretty sure, that being honest we have to admit that although we might try hard, on those days we just do not achieve 100% of our normal abilities.
As to her outfit:
Like so many times: idea was lovely, execution sucked.
As to the hair, I actually thought it wasn't that bad this time, we have seen worse and I have already wondered, if she got some treatment...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Eve

Mini Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 12:09:31 PM »

I have often wondered, that we can rarely tell, that a royal is somewhat under the weather. And I could imagine, that often when we criticize their appearance  - bad hair, make-up or accuse them of looking bored, too unengaged.., they were just feeling poorly. Of course most of us work thru those times just as well and have to give our best. But I am pretty sure, that being honest we have to admit that although we might try hard, on those days we just do not achieve 100% of our normal abilities.
As to her outfit:
Like so many times: idea was lovely, execution sucked.
As to the hair, I actually thought it wasn't that bad this time, we have seen worse and I have already wondered, if she got some treatment...

What you said is correct and I've been wondering the same. Besides pictures don't always tell the whole truth. What if she was pictured when she heard some serious story? It would have been offensive towards another person if the royal had smiled at that moment. Personally I do not expect royals to have smile all the time and some just photograph more poorly than others (Maxima isn't one of them though!). I have a feeling that Maxima has been off since her father's death. No wonder, loosing a parent is always hard, even if you are in your middle 40s. Perhaps someone else from her family or close friends is having problems or she herself isn't feeling well? I hope everything is okay with the family and her. Even though it feels there's something off, Maxima is a pro and she does make a brave face.
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 10:00:49 PM »

Queen Maxima of The Netherlands opened renovated Arnhem Music House. Historical Music House was completely renovated. Music House is a multifunctional house of Arnhem city and the region. At the same time, it is the house of Het Gelders Orchestra. Music House provides a place for primary school students in Arnhem to play their own compositions. Queen Maxima is the honorary president of "Méér Muziek in de Klas" Foundation. The purpose of the Foundation is to ensure that all primary school students in The Netherlands receive a good and structural music education in 2020.

Aubiette

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 10:20:05 PM »

Oh Max! Those pants and the hat. No honey just no!  No
Are those bugs on her jacket? If so I'm going to die laughing. I hope they are because that is just awesome! She is a hoot.

Edited: yes bugs! Laugh bounce

http://www.dailymail.co.u...herlands-smiles-suit.html
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:26:30 PM by Aubiette » Logged
Kaiserin

Huge Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 10:36:22 PM »

The idea of the outfit is great, and accessories are too, the blazer is good, but the pants don't fit/look odd.
I guess a classic cigarette form with crease would look better.

Marlene Pants are really hard to carry off. Honestly, very few women after the original Marlene Dietrich were able to wear them successfully (and she always wore them with Budapester flats. The "new way" with pumps and the pants touching floor always looks weird).

For sure, as always when I don't like what Max wears, it's a Satan creation. I could bet Mathilde bought the same.

BUT I WANT THAT HAT!
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 10:51:07 PM »

The one day that Maxima would be very close, I needed to be somewhere else  Cry

An acquitance of mine made some nice pictures of Maxima. It seemed almost impossible for Max to see something from under he rim of her hat 
Eve

Mini Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 07:35:50 AM »

That is one crazy hat but it hides her hair Wink
I think this is a must-buy-hat for everyone who constantly tend to held their head down and get double chin. If they wore this hat, they'd be forced to held their head up high or they wouldn't see anything under the brim   
I like the colors of her outfit but I dislike the way her jacket looks so puffy around her hips. Makes her look bigger than she actually is. And what's with Maxima and the bugs? She must own the biggest collection of insect brooches.
Nuno

Humongous Member

Portugal Portugal

Felipe, Leti: where are you?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2018, 11:49:43 PM »

I like the pattern, but pants+blazer+hat+earrings+clutch that's just too much happening there 

Visit us https://a-minha-vida-afinal-deu-um-blog.webnode.pt

"You can call me Happiness...yes Queen Happiness. It sounds great!" - Queen Letizia, Red Cross 150th Anniversary Wink

"Hey Cristina, I'm the Queen now :D"
Rita

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 07:57:48 PM »

On January 17, 2018, Wednesday, Queen Maxima of The Netherlands opened 2018 Dutch Organic Trade Fair held at IJsselhallen Convention Center in Zwolle, The Netherlands. The fair has more than 350 stands which enable visitors to receive information about new organic products and services. In addition, the trade fair focuses on farmers, food and beverage producers and researchers. Technical innovations in organic agriculture are shown in BioMechaTech hall.

masha
Banned
Banned
Small Member

United States United States

https://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 08:03:33 PM »

Love her hat
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: