Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima: 2018 Events  (Read 49372 times)
anastasia beaverhausen

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2018, 11:11:21 PM »

Between the fact that she's able to actually make a real contribution to the world on a desperately needed level, and the fact that she's eccentric and loves jewelry and clothes, Max is far and away my favorite queen. Leti and Mathilde are also strong women but they're conservative I feel and I love the flamboyant Argentinian in Max.

Her hair is usually a mess, but at the moment I think she has more on her mind than how she looks. This is a working conference and she is more concerned with sharing ideas and information.

Totally agree.  She’s my favorite too.  Star
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2018, 11:09:54 PM »

Maxima visits a so called baby house in Dordrecht, Netherlands. And she doesn't let go of baby Lucas.

https://www.ad.nl/show/ma...g-niet-meer-los~a8455cf2/
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2018, 10:08:45 PM »

Queen Maxima of Netherlands opened Oncode Institute at KIT Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam, an independent virtual institute which is used by cancer researchers in the Netherlands. The purpose of Oncode Institute is to convert basic ideas about cancer to a better and cost effective care service as quickly and efficiently as possible.

esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2018, 03:58:32 AM »

Maxima visits a so called baby house in Dordrecht, Netherlands. And she doesn't let go of baby Lucas.

What is a baby house?  A daycare or an orphanage?
PinkPanther

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2018, 06:36:02 AM »

The facility Maxima visited is a shelter for babies and their mothers. A lot of the women were abused or having great difficulties caring for their babies and can get help and supervision there.

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2018, 09:10:59 AM »

The facility Maxima visited is a shelter for babies and their mothers. A lot of the women were abused or having great difficulties caring for their babies and can get help and supervision there.

Well described. According to the article the mother of baby Lucas didn't feel a connection /bound to her son. Apparently the Dutch-Moroccan mother had no back up in her family and split from her Dutch partner (father of her son). She herself contacted the police and ended up in this facility. Here she is working on building a connection with her son, which improved.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2018, 10:24:25 AM »

I find those organizations very useful and necessary, esp. today. With all the hype about motherhood and families, those who fall short are often in acute danger to either themselves or the children. Many are also ostracized and this easily creates a vicious circle of poverty, low education and drugs and crime.
If Mama Lucas had the mental strength to realize she needed help and went to rather drastic measures (calling the police) then I have high hopes for her, she seems to have the drive and determination to change things.
A huge problem is that many women don't even know, that they can get help, that this situation can be changed for the better,
so good for Maxima to shine the light.
Make society aware that there is a problem (that needs to be addressed and financed) and give those mothers options.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2018, 12:44:00 PM »

I find those organizations very useful and necessary, esp. today. With all the hype about motherhood and families, those who fall short are often in acute danger to either themselves or the children. Many are also ostracized and this easily creates a vicious circle of poverty, low education and drugs and crime.
If Mama Lucas had the mental strength to realize she needed help and went to rather drastic measures (calling the police) then I have high hopes for her, she seems to have the drive and determination to change things.
A huge problem is that many women don't even know, that they can get help, that this situation can be changed for the better,
so good for Maxima to shine the light.
Make society aware that there is a problem (that needs to be addressed and financed) and give those mothers options.

Impressive also was the young mother who travelled from the north of the Netherlands (about 4-5 hours by public transport) to get to this baby house. The young woman wasn't aware she was pregnant and thought at first that she could have an abortion and/or more options. But eventually they discovered she was farther along then thought. Now the mother and child found a place in the house, to work on their new life.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2018, 10:56:59 PM »

Dutch Queen Máxima is currently making a two day financial working visit to Indonesia. Queen Maxima arrived at Soekarno–Hatta International Airport of Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia yesterday. Today, the Queen made a working visit to Lampung state in Sumatra island, which is characterized by agriculture and met with farmers. Then, Queen Máxima attended a discussion at a round table meeting with representatives of agricultural sector in order to talk about financing of farmers.

Princess Jasmine

Mini Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2018, 09:02:29 AM »

Good grief, woman! Fix your hair! I don't mind the footwear, although I would have preferred a ballerina shoe. I don't even mind that shapeless blouse in that vague colour. Indonesia is a muslim country, she dresses non sensual here. But her unkept hair is my main frustration in life. A simple updo, ponytail or basic blow out could do wonders. The Dutch love her bleached to death manes, as she is so "normal". But isn't she supposed to be anything but normal?!
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2018, 04:34:12 PM »

On the second day of her visit to Indonesia, Queen Máxima of The Netherlands attended meetings with government authorities and financial institutions. The Queen then had a talk with President Widodo of Indonesia about financial services and strategies to be developed. Queen Máxima finished her Indonesia visit with a round table meeting held with continuous development partners, that is, World Bank and IMF. Queen Máxima has performed duty as the UN Secretary-General’s Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development (UNSGSA) since 2009

anastasia beaverhausen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2018, 03:46:09 AM »

On the second day of her visit to Indonesia, Queen Máxima of The Netherlands attended meetings with government authorities and financial institutions. The Queen then had a talk with President Widodo of Indonesia about financial services and strategies to be developed. Queen Máxima finished her Indonesia visit with a round table meeting held with continuous development partners, that is, World Bank and IMF. Queen Máxima has performed duty as the UN Secretary-General’s Special Advocate for Inclusive Finance for Development (UNSGSA) since 2009

Thank you Rita!   Star

Max does some truly important work.
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2018, 03:58:36 AM »

Max is totally relaxed. She seems like she would be a fun person to hang out with.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2018, 06:06:58 AM »

For me surprizing that she isn't present at the Olympic Games
sal89

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2018, 02:02:57 PM »

For me surprizing that she isn't present at the Olympic Games

Maybe she will meet WA there after this visit?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: