Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maxima: 2018 Events  (Read 79829 times)
ElisaRose

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: December 02, 2018, 03:31:57 PM »

Max absolutely has a bubbly extraverte personality. The camera loves her. She also seems very happy to be there. A bit too much perhaps. To me she oversteps the line a bit with being in the middle of the G20 leaders pic as if she is one of them. She is not. She is just the wife of a king of one of the smallest countries of the world..... whether she likes it, there is a big difference with the others in the pic. She also needs to stay away from politics, there is no role for her there  Nono..

"I always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life.” HRH The Princess Margaret
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: December 02, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »

Why does the size of a country matter?  Confused

ElisaRose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: December 02, 2018, 04:29:19 PM »

It doesn’t in general, but the G20 summit is for the 20 largest countries in terms of their economy. The hosting country Argentina invited The Netherlands as guest to the summit. That is nice and clearly the countries have a good relationship. I just feel that Max could tone it down a bit at these type events, be a bit more humble. JIMO of course.

"I always had a dread of becoming a passenger in life.” HRH The Princess Margaret
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: December 02, 2018, 04:44:39 PM »

It doesn’t in general, but the G20 summit is for the 20 largest countries in terms of their economy. The hosting country Argentina invited The Netherlands as guest to the summit. That is nice and clearly the countries have a good relationship. I just feel that Max could tone it down a bit at these type events, be a bit more humble. JIMO of course.

Wasn't she invited not as NL Queen but as the UN Microfinance "face" and for her finance/banking expertise?  I understand she brings a whole lot more to the table in that area than most.
genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: December 02, 2018, 05:44:33 PM »

You never heard about the rumour that dear grandpappi prince Bernhard (nee of Lippe-Biesterfeld), hubby of former Queen Juliana was befriended with Evita and Juan Peron. Through that connection he also found other Argentian friends. It is said Bernhard picked Maxima as a possible partner and spouse for his grandson Willem-Alexander. Apparently both Maxima and WA were encouraged to go to a party in Sevilla, Spain, where they met. Some even say Maxima was even told in front she would meet a prince and such

this is intersting to read thank you  Star

A very interesting story!   Star

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
KatyMc

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: December 02, 2018, 06:09:33 PM »

I think she’s being quite prominent as she seems to be good friends with the president and his wife (you wouldn’t go to someone’s sisters funeral if weren’t fairly close) The pictures of the G20 wives meal either shows the wives being a bit annoyed with Max and Juliana’s love in or they are just all a bit uncomfortable with limelight....something Max will never be accused of 
Marieke

Warned
Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: December 02, 2018, 06:12:04 PM »

Wasn't she invited not as NL Queen but as the UN Microfinance "face" and for her finance/banking expertise?  I understand she brings a whole lot more to the table in that area than most.

She was. She attended the G20 not in her role as Queen but because she is UN Advocate for Inclusive Financial Services and as honorary chairman for Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion' (GPFI) for the G20.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: December 02, 2018, 06:25:37 PM »

Max absolutely has a bubbly extraverte personality. The camera loves her. She also seems very happy to be there. A bit too much perhaps. To me she oversteps the line a bit with being in the middle of the G20 leaders pic as if she is one of them. She is not. She is just the wife of a king of one of the smallest countries of the world..... whether she likes it, there is a big difference with the others in the pic. She also needs to stay away from politics, there is no role for her there  Nono..

I guess because she is "home" she is in "Spanish modus" which has most likely much more energy than the "Dutch modus". You can tell from the pictures.
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: December 02, 2018, 08:07:31 PM »

She certainly does. I think there were a whole lot of people there who deserved to be there less than Max.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: December 03, 2018, 05:22:16 AM »

Trump looks like he is the only one who doesn't get the joke  Wink

That is because he IS the joke.  Icecream
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: December 03, 2018, 06:05:58 AM »

Trump looks like he is the only one who doesn't get the joke  Wink

no. erdogan didn't get it, neither

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Marieke

Warned
Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: December 03, 2018, 07:00:15 AM »

Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: December 03, 2018, 08:03:22 PM »

She certainly does. I think there were a whole lot of people there who deserved to be there less than Max.
DITTO  Star

KatyMc

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: December 03, 2018, 09:47:07 PM »

I guess we’re seeing more selfies as the media code doesn’t apply abroad.

Here’s another one

https://www.instagram.com...&igshid=10gadxyax8960
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: December 04, 2018, 12:34:07 AM »

That's not a selfie, and I really didn't appreciate seeing that group photo considering the posture of the second 'gentleman' from the left, sorry Dead

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: