Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria - News & Events 2018  (Read 134872 times)
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: October 23, 2018, 08:30:02 PM »

^ Such a graceful and feminine style  Champagne
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: October 24, 2018, 03:39:10 AM »

Another ugly dress
Blueskies

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: October 24, 2018, 03:53:36 AM »

Overall, Iím on the fence when it comes to her clothing choices.  Some she hits out of the park, others are real head scratchers.  Not crazy about this dress, especially the color on her.  Donít care for the matchy shoes.  Just my opinion. 
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: October 27, 2018, 09:26:28 PM »

These photos of Victoria hiking are the first that have ever made me want to go to Sweden. So much natural beauty!
ME too!!! That thought just popped into my head and there it was in a post of yours!

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: October 28, 2018, 11:23:18 PM »

Dagens Nyheter has published an article about Victoria's work for sustainability and about the project she is working on to change the global fishing industry. Unfortunately, the article is behind a paywall for now, but Expressen and Svensk Damtidning have shared a few quotes and photos from the article that I'm posting here.

https://www.dn.se/nyheter...-inte-ducka-for-klimatet/
https://www.svenskdam.se/...-pannkakor-hela-morgonen/

- It's not easy. Everybody flies here and there to all these international meetings, is that really good? I always try to ensure that what I'm doing is sensible and are productive meetings that will lead to something. Meetings should not only be nice, they should also be concrete and relevant. Whenever possible, I try to take the train or meet in another place in order to minimize travel.

She also explains that the family discusses the climate issue a lot, both in terms of private and public travel. And they also talk a lot about food, about eating more vegetarian, as part of the environmental struggle. She says that she has changed her eating habits in recent years, that it is now natural for her to eat vegetarian. The Crown Princess also says that she has anything but high thoughts about herself in the kitchen.
- No, I really do not. Not many people do!

When you, as a journalist, see the Crown Princess at all these meetings, she always seems to be confident. But during the interview in DN we are told that she is looking for advice from friends such as Crown Prince Haakon who has worked more internationally than she has done. And when she was asked to become an ambassador to the UN's global sustainable development goals, her self-confidence took a hit.
- I thought: Why me? I certainly have a commitment and feel that the questions are important. But still? What have I done, what can I possibly do? Isn't there someone else who is better suited for this than me?

But Victoria realized that this could give her a new platform to stand on in her struggle for a better environment on our planet. And with this platform we have got a Swedish climate fighter that is respected and popular. Knowledgeable and well-prepared. She brings  the climate on the agenda at a time when the climate easily ends up in the shadow of something else and the existence of climate change is even questioned.
- You can see fishing issues as political if you want to. You can see them as sensitive questions. But it's so infinitely much bigger. In my eyes, it is one of the most important questions. Here we face a collapse of ecosystems. We must be able to work in one and the same direction. We must ensure that the world's population has food in the future and we will not manage nine or ten billion inhabitants if we don't care for the seas and don't grow fish and shrimp. Agriculture is as wide as possible. Now with increased drought and harder weather it is tougher.

https://www.dn.se/webb-tv...-en-kollaps-av-ekosystem/

- I understand very clearly my role and what issues I should not get involved in. I know where my playing field is, and stay there. But I can not hold on and worry about what may happen.

When did the Crown Princess see the seriousness of the situation in the seas?
- I believe that it was when I became more and more engaged in the Baltic Sea. And became more frightened and worried about how bad it was with the Baltic Sea. The Baltic Sea has been romanticized throughout my life. That's where you swam in the summer, that's where the summer holiday is.

https://www.expressen.se/...de-upptackten-pa-estelle/

Crown Princess Victoria shares several personal experiences concerning her environmental commitment in the interview with Dagens Nyheter. Among other things, she tells of a visit to the Mediterranean sea with her family two years ago. Estelle stayed in the water for a long time and when the little princess left the water, Victoria made an unpleasant discovery.
- "I started wiping the sand off of her. But it was quite difficult. Those small grains of sand, they did not want to leave her. And then it struck me: "Wait a second, this is beach of rocks that we're sitting on." There were no grains of sand. They were not brown and gray like sand usually look like. They were blue, pale yellow and even red.

Estelle was not covered in sand, but microplastics. Victoria had never seen it with her own eyes, but on the other hand, she was aware of the phenomenon. To see it for the first time when it also concerned her eldest child deeply impressed the Crown Princess, and she describes how she changed her attitude accordingly.
- It was an aha experience. Well, this is what everyone has talked about. But then it became a great worry and a feeling of unease. I didn't want to eat more fish and I didn't want her to bathe there anymore. But what can you do relly?

Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: October 29, 2018, 05:01:09 PM »

I am amazed she is wearing short sleeves. It's really not that warm here in NY.
LarLa

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: October 29, 2018, 06:03:13 PM »

These photos of Victoria hiking are the first that have ever made me want to go to Sweden. So much natural beauty!
ME too!!! That thought just popped into my head and there it was in a post of yours!

Me too! I love her hikes. Totally put Sweden on my to visit list.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: November 16, 2018, 04:24:32 PM »

Victoria made a visit to a youth activity house in Ängelholm where she got to test karate

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 04:30:06 PM by Lady Adelaide » Logged
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: November 16, 2018, 07:58:10 PM »

Blueskies

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: November 16, 2018, 09:14:46 PM »

Not a huge fan of karate myself, but I do admire Victoria for being so active and willing to try so many things.  It can only help her down the road. 
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: November 21, 2018, 02:18:24 PM »

Victoria visited the National Library of Sweden

genegal43

Big Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: November 21, 2018, 07:03:04 PM »

I'm getting a Jessica Fletcher vibe from the guide in the photos in the library.

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: November 21, 2018, 07:06:58 PM »

And the stilyst who convinced Victoria to wear that pant suits should be murdered🔪🔪🔪💣⚔️🗡
AutumnOpal

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: November 21, 2018, 08:02:14 PM »

I don't mind the suit jacket, even the belt, but those pants are a nightmare.  The loose fit they're trying to achieve is ruined by the too long hem line.
DoloresYellowstone

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: November 21, 2018, 08:28:35 PM »

I'm getting a Jessica Fletcher vibe from the guide in the photos in the library.

Oh my word, yes! Haha! I noticed that too.

As for the pants suit... Dead Dead Dead  Vic seriously needs a fashion overhaul. The way she styles her hair and clothes makes her look so much older than she actually is. I've seen photos of Victoria with her hair down, and the difference is amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: