Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria - News & Events 2018  (Read 90570 times)
Eve

Mini Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 11:26:13 AM »

Generation Pep released a video of Victoria.  In it, Victoria shows how she gets up and moving during workdays in her office.  Essentially, it's a video of Victoria running around the Palace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Ai3rd2GeQ

Its very necessary to take breaks during your work day, move around and its good to be reminded about it. But seeing some woman jumping up and going for a run...in high heels...without turning a hair or an ankle...sorry but this looks a little silly and even dangerous to your health. I would have taken off my high heels first, put on running shoes and then sprinted up and down the palace stairs  Roll Eyes
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 11:37:39 AM »

Generation Pep released a video of Victoria.  In it, Victoria shows how she gets up and moving during workdays in her office.  Essentially, it's a video of Victoria running around the Palace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Ai3rd2GeQ

Its very necessary to take breaks during your work day, move around and its good to be reminded about it. But seeing some woman jumping up and going for a run...in high heels...without turning a hair or an ankle...sorry but this looks a little silly and even dangerous to your health. I would have taken off my high heels first, put on running shoes and then sprinted up and down the palace stairs  Roll Eyes

I agree on both points.  Great idea, odd execution.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 11:48:45 AM »

This is a joke, right? Vickan sits at an almost empty table in, what looks like the "Karzer" :detention room. Someone knocks at the door, she calls out and an elderly costumed guy comes in and pounds a stick to the floor, then Vickan gets up (opens the door for herself - how very down to earth) and starts jogging around in Manolo Blahniks, up up up the stairs and down again..
Seriously, what was that, but a silly joke?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Aubiette

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2018, 01:02:07 PM »

This is a joke, right? Vickan sits at an almost empty table in, what looks like the "Karzer" :detention room. Someone knocks at the door, she calls out and an elderly costumed guy comes in and pounds a stick to the floor, then Vickan gets up (opens the door for herself - how very down to earth) and starts jogging around in Manolo Blahniks, up up up the stairs and down again..

Thumb up
Phina

Large Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 01:07:51 PM »

I'm not surprised that Victoria made this video. Her choices recently have made think 'wait, what?'  Crazy

But I am surprised at Generation Pep.  Running in heels isn't at all advisable and it's not a good message to send people.
Antevorta

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2018, 03:21:23 PM »

I think the video was cute idea in theory but very strange in reality.

Victoria's optics have been quite out of sorts and so off balance lately and I cannot figure out how or why.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2018, 03:44:38 PM »

Im sorry, I know shes popular and all and there are WAY worse royals out there but this is yet another example of why I think Victoria is well-meaning but dumb as a bag of rocks.

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 04:05:03 PM »

Im sorry, I know shes popular and all and there are WAY worse royals out there but this is yet another example of why I think Victoria is well-meaning but dumb as a bag of rocks.

I have to agree. She is lovely with people and I can fully understand her popularity but let's face it, none of the Bernadottes have been known for their great intellect. Kind-hearted woman indeed but not the sharpest tool in the shed.

That video was one of the cheesiest things I've seen SRF release in a while. The fact she didn't change her shoes before running drove me mad, and those stairs with no lights on... I've been to those stairs and nothing would make me run in them in high-heeled shoes - especially in the dark! The acting was wooden as might be expected and I don't believe that was actually Victoria's office. Looked more like a side table at some hall. I don't think she has such a small desk with no laptop or anything and spends her time drawing into a notebook. Plus, does the Marshal of the Realm really dress like that for work every day...?  Thinking Whose bright idea was this video?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 04:13:14 PM by Suzerain » Logged

Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2018, 04:21:09 PM »

I have to agree. She is lovely with people and I can fully understand her popularity but let's face it, none of the Bernadottes have been known for their great intellect. Kind-hearted woman indeed but not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Oh, I'm pretty much a fan of Vic, but I'm totally aware that the current SRF's collective intellectual capacity has come down a long way from Gustaf Adolf (the current king's grandfather, who was married to Daisy of Connaught and Louise Mountbatten, who was very cerebral). I'll still take Vic, especially over her dumbassed brother, with his colossally horrible judgement abilities (*gestures to the Ssssssnake and his car racing and his 'design' career and...*).

Ginger

Small Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2018, 04:28:47 PM »

I think this was quite charming  Secret  .
It's like supposed to be crazy...like a fairy tale with a princess in high heels, in a castle, defying physical laws, but still one of us...exercising and struggling.
Alice

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2018, 01:33:53 AM »

True, sneakers would have been better, but she's such a cheerful good sport that it's still a good commercial.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2018, 11:28:38 AM »

They are currently on a ski vacation in re: https://www.expressen.se/...idsemester-med-familjen-/

Chandrasekhi

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2018, 02:59:21 PM »

Laughing Laughing What is a castle without a fairytale?  Wink Cinderella, beloved of all the land, was banished to the castle dungeon by her wicked sister-in-law, just as the sun rose over the horizon. In the gloomy room, devoid of any comforts, Cinderella toiled away with pen and shreds of paper, trying to keep the castle afloat, as the world outside rotated digitally. At the shriek of she-who-can-not-be-named, the master-of-arms was instructed to rap on the dungeon door and let Cinderella out so she could race along the castle's marbled staircases  taking an inventory, lest they needed to be sold off for hush-money to pay the media as the vultures circled the castle turrets. Oddly, SWCNBN allowed Cinderella one luxury: her Manolo Blahniks. Whether it was in a rare moment of generosity or a Machiavellian stratagem to see Cinderella plunge down any of the multitudes of staircases, in darkness (almost all of the chandeliers had been sold off to remove traces of SWCNBN's colourful past on the WWW), one can only guess. One can still hear Cinderellas clickety-clack as she races along the castle staircases. The nation breathes.
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2018, 08:37:23 PM »

TBH ... if this is about a healthy work place - the table and her posture in the beginning are ridiculous. Yes, it is important to take breaks. Yes, the future Queen is sporty. But ... running in high heeled shoes is ridiculous. She must have been busy running for the whole day ... there are so many different shots and perspectives ...

And no, not everyone can run in the castle. Why not show her how she runs (with decent shoes) in a park?
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2018, 12:57:32 PM »

Victoria and the kids at the hockey match in Ockelbo a few weeks ago:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: