Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Victoria - News & Events 2018  (Read 90568 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2018, 12:58:53 PM »

I’m sorry, I know she’s popular and all and there are WAY worse royals out there but this is yet another example of why I think Victoria is well-meaning but dumb as a bag of rocks.

Star

I prefer nice but dim but your comparison also works! 

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Lady Alice

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2018, 02:41:00 PM »

re the mag cover: I laughed. Good ol' Oscar the Grouch.  Laugh bounce

seeingstars85

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2018, 01:12:07 AM »

Ugh that one outfit with the green jacket with th stripes reminded me of the riddler 😩

Selena 1971-1995
Eve

Mini Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2018, 10:28:48 AM »

Yesterday, Feb. 20, Victoria visited the Stockholm Resilience Centre. Kungahuset published one photo.

Not a good look, especially Victoria's hair   Angry What's the point to have long hair when you ALWAYS wear them pulled back and slicked down??? Doesn't she get tension headaches and tender scalp when she wears this kind of hairstyles every day? Its uncomfortable to have your hair pulled back and get that tight feeling. Its painful and distracting. Please, let it loose from time to time!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 10:35:11 AM by Eve » Logged
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2018, 10:36:00 AM »

I am like Victoria. I can't cut my hair short because even by a centimeter, stray hair against face skin or neck skin irritates me to no end. It makes me irritable the whole day. I would've gone bald if I have to. Pixie hair I have tried, but the care for short hair takes too much time for me to care basically. I hate it that early in the morning I need to put so much product in it to make it tame and not look like I have a bear hat on my head. So having hair long enough to be scraped back is the next best option.

That is why I can never even look at pictures of women with hair in their faces.

For normal work I scrape back my hair like Victoria (have been doing that for 30 years straight now, no change).
For parties where I have access to time AND hairdresser, I do fancy updo, or plaits and braids.
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2018, 12:20:01 PM »

I’m the same. I’m pretty much the eternal ponytail because getting hair in my face is just about one of the most irritating feelings ever. On top of that, I’m not that interested in doing various hairstyles and I absolutely don’t have the skills for it either. So I’m a ponytail girl who occasionally makes a bun instead.

Only for parties do I vary it a bit and do the one updo that I know how to make.

I’ve tried short hair as well but I don’t have the patience for it. Too much work.

All that said, if I were Victoria, I’d probably just wear my hair like she does it on a day to day basis when working behind the scenes,  but when out on a job, have a hairdresser make a flattering and practical updo.

That way, she’d be comfortable AND presentable. It’s no different than her hirering a stylist to pick out outfits because she’s got no sense of style.

Eve

Mini Member

Estonia Estonia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2018, 01:02:42 PM »

Its quite surprising so many women get irritated when their hair touch their face/neck. Its your own hair. I guess Victoria is the same. Its just that you can wear flattering ponytails and don't have to use some greasy wax in order to make your hair look as flat as possible  Cute I guess she also struggle with frizzy and lightly curly hair but you can get very good treatments in the salon that tame your mane; add good haircut and you practically only have to wash your hair and they maintain good style. Perhaps my hairdresser has spoiled me because she's a miracle worker and my hair nearly never has "bad days" and take very little maintenance Wink Before finding my current hairdresser, I often wore my hair in ponytails and buns, often too tightly I admit, and once my hairdresser commented that I have a lot of baby hair around my face. She asked if I struggle with hair loss and headaches and how do I usually wear my hair. She explained how badly I've treated my hair, so I listened to her tips and now my headaches are gone and my hair don't clog bathtub drains. But I guess we all have different hair and not everyone struggle with the same problems I had   Cute
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2018, 10:59:37 PM »

Here's another who cannot stand the touch of my own hair. It makes me itch and I'm the kind that breaks in a rash with slight touch, pressure, wind, whatever, so up my hair goes. Another reason is that I got ill a few years ago and my hair that was never super thick and pretty to begin with turned into something I simply couldn't wear down because I felt like crying. Now I am feeling much better and have almost the same hair as before but I'm self-conscious about my hair still. It's so much more practical to tie your hair down. I always make sure not to make ponytails or braids too tight and I have to use products because I don't want to look like Trump on a windy day so there's an explanation for the slicked back hair which is to combat fly-aways.

I fully understand Vic and her hairstyle.

perdie

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2018, 11:36:28 PM »

And another who wears their hair back almost always, for many of the same reasons as mentioned above.

In fact, in times of stress, I develop a twitch which feels like a single hair lying on my face.  I could nearly tear my skin off with annoyance!

Much as some people have mentioned Maxima's hair being a bit endearing, I can empathise with Vic's reliance on her bun!
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2018, 04:13:15 AM »

I have long hair and keep it down/doesn't bother me if its in my face, I probably do the hair touching a lot if someone were to video tape me throughout the day lol.

But Victoria's bun works for her and is functional. I think she looks lovely with her hair down but her no fuss style in the bun works well to me as well.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2018, 07:01:06 AM »

When I growing up, I was raised to not have my hair in my face. Loose hair falling in your face, especially at meals, was as inexcusable as elbows on the table, chewing with your mouth open or no napkin on your lap. 

I have extremely long, very thick, silky hair and 99.9% of the time it is in some kind of braid or bun. It keeps it neat and tidy for nearly the entire day with no fuss.  I only wear it down when it is drying or for a special occasion when I might even take the time to curl the edges and ends - so much like Victoria does albeit usually not so tight. 

Victoria's hair often looks like she puts it up while still damp so it lays quite smooth against head and that I have found that keeps any small fly-a-ways from loosing. Maybe this is her everyday, going to work, professional look that she can quickly do herself.  I have noticed that at other events (tiaras or private) she wears her hair down or in a more elegant up-do.

Hair falling or tickling (outside in a breeze) my face is annoying so I keep it back.  I wonder if Victoria is of a similar mind?   

JMO - I find it distracting when someone continually touches their hair, flings or flicks it around - especially at meals or in a setting where they are shaking hands, giving a speech or chairing a meeting so I don't mind her hair back, especially for meetings and everyday business.   

ortensia

Warned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2018, 08:59:20 AM »

imo victoria just chose "logo" over "flattering hairdo" and always imo she did a good choice.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2018, 10:48:07 AM »

Many women have a go to hair style, esp. those who cannot or would rather not devote much time to styling. Victoria's hair is no nonsense, grown-up, it is flattering to her face - it might be quite boring for us to look at after a while, but I think she can carry this severe style off - and most likely very low maintenance. Is there another alternative out there: low maintenance, chic and suitable? Very likely, but tbh that's true for most women and so many of us are in a rut and out of a " please don't bother me" stance don't want change... We save this for the very drastic moments in our life, when a new hairstyle rings in a totally new life and attitude...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »

More photos of Victoria, Estelle and Oscar visiting the Vivat Regina exhibition at the Stockholm Cathedral on Thursday:

https://www.svenskakyrkan...vivat-regina-i-storkyrkan

Lady Adelaide

Humongous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2018, 02:47:13 PM »

Victoria will continue her hikes in Swedish provinces this spring, starting next month in Blekinge. The program of the hikes will be published later.

http://www.kungahuset.se/...9037b160d54f71024302.html

April 13: Blekinge
April 20: Närke
April 25: Lappland
May 4: Gotland
May 9: Öland
May 24: Bohuslän
May 25: Småland
June 12: Skåne
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: