Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Queen Rania of Jordan 2018: News and Photos  (Read 31068 times)
PrincessOdette

Mini Member

United States United States

stay classy and sassy, my friends

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: January 02, 2019, 11:06:51 PM »

I agree, I don’t think using the position to get gifts or loans is any better than just buying them and spending the money. It is a very odd response but I’m pleased that she at least responded to the criticisms rather than ignoring them. But I’ve always been a fan of Rania for some reason  Blush
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: January 02, 2019, 11:08:59 PM »

In their 2018 post , they didn't cover Rania (and they took Rania off the website completely) and they put this :

You will notice that Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan is not on this year's list as she was last year. After discussions with the Royal Hashemite Court and the Office of Her Majesty, we have taken Her Majesty out of our tally and off of our website as to not cause any “damage” to her from our calculations of the yearly worth of her clothing. As a result of our discussions with members of the Court, we determine it was best for Her Majesty and UFONoMore.com to remove her from our tally and website.

Looks to me like the Court threatened them and they did what they ask.
Her taking gifts isn't any better than her spending a lot imo. And I find it so low to attack by name a blog that has only been doing this for 2 years (I think?) without stating any opinions in their posts and not the bigger, professional publications that have been criticizing Rania and her spending for years prior. It seems to me they realized that blog was an easy target and they went for it. The timing is odd though. Just one day after they published their numbers? Can't be a coincidence. What doesn't make sense is why though. Rania isn't in their 2018 reports so why attacking them now?

This is all very weird imo.
PrincessOdette

Mini Member

stay classy and sassy, my friends

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: January 02, 2019, 11:13:02 PM »

In their 2018 post , they didn't cover Rania (and they took Rania off the website completely) and they put this :

You will notice that Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan is not on this year's list as she was last year. After discussions with the Royal Hashemite Court and the Office of Her Majesty, we have taken Her Majesty out of our tally and off of our website as to not cause any “damage” to her from our calculations of the yearly worth of her clothing. As a result of our discussions with members of the Court, we determine it was best for Her Majesty and UFONoMore.com to remove her from our tally and website.

Looks to me like the Court threatened them and they did what they ask.
Her taking gifts isn't any better than her spending a lot imo. And I find it so low to attack by name a blog that has only been doing this for 2 years (I think?) without stating any opinions in their posts and not the bigger, professional publications that have been criticizing Rania and her spending for years prior. It seems to me they realized that blog was an easy target and they went for it. The timing is odd though. Just one day after they published their numbers? Can't be a coincidence. What doesn't make sense is why though. Rania isn't in their 2018 reports so why attacking them now?

This is all very weird imo.
Agreed, this is very weird. And like you said, why would you publicly respond to a blog?
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: January 02, 2019, 11:14:55 PM »

I agree as well, she is the one making it about fashion by always wearing extravagant clothing. She doesn't have to dress like a peasant, but she could definitely tone it down. And all the PS, it is just so vain and nothing to do with upholding the dignity of the RF.

If the palace is hearing about it and feels the need to defend it then there has been enough outcry to show she is out of touch with common people imo. Maybe she'll tone it down now.

edit to add that their bullying of the blog is outlandish, there can be no positive outcome from this attack

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: January 02, 2019, 11:28:02 PM »

I agree as well, she is the one making it about fashion by always wearing extravagant clothing. She doesn't have to dress like a peasant, but she could definitely tone it down. And all the PS, it is just so vain and nothing to do with upholding the dignity of the RF.

If the palace is hearing about it and feels the need to defend it then there has been enough outcry to show she is out of touch with common people imo. Maybe she'll tone it down now.

edit to add that their bullying of the blog is outlandish, there can be no positive outcome from this attack

Star
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2019, 11:51:02 PM »

And talking about it is just going to keep the issue in the forefront of the public view
ralf103

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2019, 02:24:22 AM »

What an awful PR own goal.
They have simply made this a bigger issue with their statement.
They are blaming a small time blog for a bigger issue which is that Rania is Queen or a dirt poor country but wants to dress like a billionaire. Wouldn't the simpler way of dealing with it be to start wearing lower cost clothes? I'm sure HM could source some less expensive clothing (and still wear anything more expensive than most of us could).

They are trying to take control of the problem by turning on the blog rather than deal with the actual problem at hand which is HM's addiction to designer clothing.

Wouldn't it have been better to simply ignore the reports and dismiss them if needed?
anastasia beaverhausen

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2019, 03:25:59 AM »

Very well said, KC!  Star

Yes she has a fantastic figure and wears clothes well, but now is not the time to strut. Now is the time to fade a little.
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2019, 05:26:46 AM »

KC, some animals are more equal than others, to quote George Orwell  Wink

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2019, 05:55:35 AM »

What an awful PR own goal.
They have simply made this a bigger issue with their statement.
They are blaming a small time blog for a bigger issue which is that Rania is Queen or a dirt poor country but wants to dress like a billionaire. Wouldn't the simpler way of dealing with it be to start wearing lower cost clothes? I'm sure HM could source some less expensive clothing (and still wear anything more expensive than most of us could).

They are trying to take control of the problem by turning on the blog rather than deal with the actual problem at hand which is HM's addiction to designer clothing.

Wouldn't it have been better to simply ignore the reports and dismiss them if needed?
ralf103, they have a real problem. Jordan receives significant foreign aid from countries in the Middle East and the West. Apparently, one/more of the donor countries are livid about her extravagance and its implications (it took them long enough, if true) and prominent leaders are lobbying to withdraw/reduce funding.

It has been suggested in the past that her attire is paid for by the Hashemite's personal fortune (which they accumulated how? Crazy) and she does not pay for many of the pieces.
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2019, 05:59:07 AM »

G Smiley
Thumb up KC, Geta: there has been unhappiness among her countrymen with her extravagance for a long time but it has not modified her behaviour.
karma chamelion

Large Member

Harry 'Hotspur' Percy

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2019, 10:27:40 AM »

G Smiley

The health of the pigs is most important dear geta Star Hug

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - Edward Bulwer-Lytton
getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2019, 01:10:02 PM »

G Smiley

The health of the pigs is most important dear geta Star Hug

YUP!! ITA KC  Hug Star

and Chandrasekhi  Star  Hug

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2019, 10:27:15 PM »

While I too somewhat frown on those "Loans" (and wonder who is actually paying the prices for the items, if all the celebs and royals who are among the few that could afford it, get the stuff for free, discounted or as a loan), we already heard that this has been quite Usus.
I wonder if it is part of our western ethics and values to not accept (or grant) gifts and loans when you are in a position of power. But is that perhaps just us? Giving (expensive) gifts is something that people from the middle east like to do. I have often felt quite uneasy, when I was given something as a "friendly gesture" from a friend, client or my husband's associates, but for them it was natural and gracious. So perhaps the idea of gifts and loans is not quite as clear cut to Rania as it would be to a western politician or royal?

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Rita

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2019, 10:48:49 PM »

olalala what arrogance!!!!!!
arrogant is the least i can say about this statement: i am a Queen i am meant to wear expensive stuffs loans or no loans so IN YOUR FACE Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
i don't buy the loans borrowed bohahaha,in the end and no matter what her whole very expensive wardrobe can not be made from loans only sorry.
the thing is: her whole lifestyle is costing too much:her so called working trips,her holiday trips her cars;her lavish parties in wich she invite the A-list celebs;her plastic surgeries in US and UK.....or all that is loans and discount too? Thinking Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: