Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sofia - News & Events 2018  (Read 69766 times)
Sondra Finchley

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: July 11, 2018, 07:55:39 PM »

Guys, as a general rule of thumb I use for dating any photograph or past trend in Sweden - gauge the year for when you remember the trend was popular in the US and then add 10 years. I'm not joking, I have seen many family photos in Sweden and just when I want to ask "what year in the early 80s was this taken?" I apply the Rule of Thumb and say "so you still had wood paneling in 1995 huh?" instead. Ergo, Sof and the Wicked Sisters are bang on (swedish) trends for the (90s) 80s.

Beyond that, they look like hot dipped s*it. I had to check the one on the far right - I thought maybe her Mom got some extensive plastic surgery and a gastric sleeve fitted, but guess not. WOW is this bad.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2018, 08:23:23 PM »

I remember crimped hair from the 80'. Middle 80', I'd say. Sweden could be different than Denmark of course and it could still have been something you did in the 90' but it's not the first thing I'd connect to the 90'.

Either way it's a bit here and there.They're clearly dressed up, and they all seem to share the Hellqvist trade of thinking they're the shit. I think they look like shit - there's not much mroe to say IMO..
Penelope

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2018, 08:45:22 PM »

All I can say is yikes  Shocked Shocked Shocked
anastasia beaverhausen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: July 12, 2018, 12:14:04 AM »

Hair crimping may have reached its peak as atrend in the 80s, but it was still popular in the 90s

https://www.google.com/am.../gmp2806/90s-hair-trends/

https://www.bustle.com/ar...ery-cool-kid-owned-photos

So were mullets, but that doesn't mean they were a nineties trend. She should have left her hair straight.  Pin-straight hair was the fad through the mid-to-end of the nineties. 

I agree Pixie. I was so upset when curly hair went out of fashion in the mid 90’s and I had to master the dreaded straightening iron.

Me too.  I'm waiting for hair metal to come back because I basically have the same hair as Jon Bon Jovi, Slash, or Robert Plant.  Laugh bounce Laughing  Straightening this mop is a full-time job, and I'd like to be able to sleep in for once.

I’ll see your Slash and raise you one Roseanne Roseannadanna.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: July 12, 2018, 12:26:58 AM »

Hair crimping may have reached its peak as atrend in the 80s, but it was still popular in the 90s

https://www.google.com/am.../gmp2806/90s-hair-trends/

https://www.bustle.com/ar...ery-cool-kid-owned-photos

So were mullets, but that doesn't mean they were a nineties trend. She should have left her hair straight.  Pin-straight hair was the fad through the mid-to-end of the nineties. 

I agree Pixie. I was so upset when curly hair went out of fashion in the mid 90’s and I had to master the dreaded straightening iron.

Me too.  I'm waiting for hair metal to come back because I basically have the same hair as Jon Bon Jovi, Slash, or Robert Plant.  Laugh bounce Laughing  Straightening this mop is a full-time job, and I'd like to be able to sleep in for once.

I’ll see your Slash and raise you one Roseanne Roseannadanna.

Laugh bounce Laughing Laugh bounce Laughing Star

Athena

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: July 12, 2018, 04:14:00 AM »

I’m enough of a 90’ies girl to appreciate their 90’ies outfits. They’re fun and appropriate for the festival.

It fascinates me how this looks so much more authentic on Sofia. This looks much more like the “real” her than when she’s dressed to look like a princess.

Just before reading this I said aloud to myself "She looks so natural."   Laughing
Eliza B

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: July 12, 2018, 11:29:48 PM »

More from the festival

Laugh bounce Laughing Laugh bounce Laughing OMFngG.  She looks even trashier than in her Miss Slitz days, and I didn't think that was possible.

Omg please tell me that's a wig and she didn't bleach her already damaged hair to this brassy mess
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: July 12, 2018, 11:33:11 PM »

Looks like her hair indeed! What a messsss.
lothwen

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: July 13, 2018, 12:41:37 AM »

I'm just trying to figure out how her shirt is simultaneously too tight and loose on her
onar

Huge Member

Greece Greece

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: July 13, 2018, 12:47:12 AM »

While looking at the photos, I'm thinking that royal life is not for her. Not because she is usnuitable for the rol (of course she is) but look at how happy she is! I think she felt really free and had wonderful time with her sisters in the concert. I hope that as soon as Estelle and Oscar are in time to take on royal duties, CP and his family will step back. I really believe that they will be more happy living a life without duties and there's no way for them not to have money, so that's a win win situation, we won't have to see them much (only in Nobels I suppose) and they'll be absolutely fine to do whatever they want.

Princess MS

Warned
Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: July 13, 2018, 01:15:22 AM »

More from the festival

Laugh bounce Laughing Laugh bounce Laughing OMFngG.  She looks even trashier than in her Miss Slitz days, and I didn't think that was possible.

Omg please tell me that's a wig and she didn't bleach her already damaged hair to this brassy mess

Good heavens is this "fashion" ? They look bloody ridiculous
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: July 13, 2018, 08:47:03 AM »

More from the festival

Good heavens is this "fashion" ? They look bloody ridiculous

I have to give her some slack on the outfit, as this was at a kind of "back to the 90s party/festival". And you have to agree, the fashion those days differs from the fashion now a days……….

But really the hair...…….looks ridiculous even for the '90s
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: July 13, 2018, 10:14:21 AM »

Sorry, I must have lived unter a rock. I remember crimping, but what Sofia is sporting here is "fried" not "crimped", though to be honest, my own fairy locks can very easily adopt this look too. (go to sleep with wet hair and the next morning comb it with a fine tooth comb while wearing polyester socks on a polyester carpet)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
genegal43

Medium Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: July 13, 2018, 06:52:18 PM »

The first thought that popped into my head: A Snake in her natural habitat...

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: August 11, 2018, 07:31:55 PM »

August 10
Sofia gave an interview to Swedish television channel TV4 (Nyhetsmorgon), about the safety of children and young people on online media.
The reporter of this interview was Casten Almqvist. Nyhetsmorgon is a Swedish morning news and talk show that airs every morning on TV4.

NEW floral dress by LINDEX

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: