Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Poll
Question: Which would you rather have experienced?
Having the wind lift your skirt on the steps and show your undies
Having Sarah Ferguson’s sweat stains

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eugenie’s wedding: Which would you rather?  (Read 13282 times)
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2018, 04:22:01 AM »

I like Sophie but she isn't guiding her daughter very well when it comes to clothing. Louise had always been dressed young and here she is again with a dress that is too short. She could have worn a dress that was more structured and past the knee.
I agree with that whole situation with Bea all she did all day is hang out with her mom and leave Louise to chase after children.

I feel sad for Louise, I’ve always thought she has self confidence issues and the way she is dressed doesn’t help, she’s a teenage girl for goodness sake, let her be one! She can be a teenager and still be appropriate, there’s no need for her to either look like a ten yr old or a 50 yr old which is all they seem to give her.

Star  Sophie obviously puts a lot of effort into dressing herself, and she should be giving her daughter's clothes the same consideration she gives her own.

Louise's outfit may not have been chosen by Sophie but rather by Eugenie or a wedding planner or wedding stylist, in a color to match Beatrice.  Louise is a child who did remarkably well in her role in the wedding.  She kept well a hold of the other children and helped them up the steps when they were struggling - rather than let these kids be knocked over by the wind. In fact I have seen video of other children who were blown over.  Sophie nor Louise, to my knowledge, wield any power over the weather. Perhaps it should be taken up with Father Zeus or one of the minor wind gods. Faulting either Sophie or Louise for a wardrobe malfunction that could not be helped is a bit too much.  It's an unfortunate moment in time now but it's nothing she should be ashamed over.

Where has anyone shamed Louise? All I’ve seen is sympathy and hope that she doesn’t feel embarrassed or upset and a lot of very well deserved praise for how well she cooed with the children in difficult circumstances.
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2018, 04:28:07 AM »

Nobody deliberately made sure their skirt would blow up.  It was a windy day.  It happens.

Usually people with a sweat issue also cannot help it.  They don't do it on purpose. However, they also know that they have this issue and so most dress accordingly.  I guarantee she knew she had a sweat issue, and so she's an idiot for not either putting additional fabric in that arm pit area to mask this, or for wearing something in a color that doesn't show the stains.  That dress was a failure on so many levels; it was far too tight, and the color showed the sweat stains.

I agree, but there's a reason to wear slips, which many women don't seem to use anymore. There are reasons for wearing one.

Slips also blow up when it's very windy.  I wear a slip under many dresses, and they blow up too.  None of these women did this on purpose, and I don't think it's fair to treat them as if they've done something wrong. It happens.

The forecast had been predicting this weather all week, plenty of time to make adjustments.  Wouldn’t for one minute hold Louise responsible but whoever dressed her I would and as for Kate, she’s a lost cause.

Like literally every other woman on the planet who has had this happen, she probably thought she could simply hold the skirt and it would suffice.  I HIGHLY doubt she wore a skirt out of malicious intent or in the hopes that it would blow up.   That's ridiculous.  It happens.  It's not the end of the world, and NONE of them did it deliberately. Thumb down 

Malicious intent? Not sure what you mean by that, I don’t see how wearing a skirt could be thought to be malicious and no it’s not the end of the world, it’s someth that happened that we’re discussing.  Kate’s past choices and behaviour around her skirts don’t lead me to any other conclusion that she simply wouldn’t have cared if her skirt blew up around her head and even if she’d been advised to wear something different due to the weather she would have ignored it. 
 Thinking
lizzie78

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2018, 05:41:59 AM »

Nobody deliberately made sure their skirt would blow up.  It was a windy day.  It happens.

Usually people with a sweat issue also cannot help it.  They don't do it on purpose. However, they also know that they have this issue and so most dress accordingly.  I guarantee she knew she had a sweat issue, and so she's an idiot for not either putting additional fabric in that arm pit area to mask this, or for wearing something in a color that doesn't show the stains.  That dress was a failure on so many levels; it was far too tight, and the color showed the sweat stains.

I agree, but there's a reason to wear slips, which many women don't seem to use anymore. There are reasons for wearing one.

Slips also blow up when it's very windy.  I wear a slip under many dresses, and they blow up too.  None of these women did this on purpose, and I don't think it's fair to treat them as if they've done something wrong. It happens.

The forecast had been predicting this weather all week, plenty of time to make adjustments.  Wouldn’t for one minute hold Louise responsible but whoever dressed her I would and as for Kate, she’s a lost cause.

Like literally every other woman on the planet who has had this happen, she probably thought she could simply hold the skirt and it would suffice.  I HIGHLY doubt she wore a skirt out of malicious intent or in the hopes that it would blow up.   That's ridiculous.  It happens.  It's not the end of the world, and NONE of them did it deliberately. Thumb down 

Malicious intent? Not sure what you mean by that, I don’t see how wearing a skirt could be thought to be malicious and no it’s not the end of the world, it’s someth that happened that we’re discussing.  Kate’s past choices and behaviour around her skirts don’t lead me to any other conclusion that she simply wouldn’t have cared if her skirt blew up around her head and even if she’d been advised to wear something different due to the weather she would have ignored it. 
 Thinking

Laughing as many times as this has happened before to her, it's obvious that she's not that embarrassed by it, or she would make sure we never saw her ass again lol
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2018, 05:45:28 AM »

Thinking

Laughing as many times as this has happened before to her, it's obvious that she's not that embarrassed by it, or she would make sure we never saw her ass again lol

Not gonna lie, if I had legs like hers I’d certainly show them off, although I’d probably be a little more cautious and wear decent underwear.  I’ve always blamed my mother for inheriting her chunky thighs and podgy knees, I’d kill for elegant legs 😂😂😂😂
minimoos

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2018, 09:57:18 PM »

I’m working on toning my legs right now and don’t mind showing them/my hard work off (to a certain extent). Showing off what I’m wearing under my skirt, however is NOT my cup of tea. I started wearing a pair of spandex shorts under my uniform skirts in high school, and have continued as an adult with a product I’ve heard referred to as ‘skimmies.’ They’re similar to spanx in design but not for control purposes, just for coverage. A pair of short ones under a dress takes care of the issue of wind, and the material is that of a slip, so it does double duty. Something I would expect adult women in the public eye would have discovered by now. Louise is just getting to the point where she would be learning about such things; unfortunately, no one helped her out in this regard and she was caught off guard. She’s done a great job of representing herself and her family, and I hope she’s not too embarrassed. I would have been mortified, especially if it happened at her age!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2018, 04:08:29 PM »

Thinking
I mean that people are blaming her for it blowing up. Thought that was pretty clear? You say she would have ignored adivce to wear something else due to the weather but she would have ignored it and not cared-implying that she would wear it out of malicious intent.

I’ve never seen her wearing a skirt that was blowing up around her head as you state. Yes, it’s happened more than once. Each time, she’s pulled it back down. Do people really think she does that shit on purpose? Seriously? I don’t think so. I’ve had skirts blow up in the wind more than once. I’ve never done it on purpose, or chosen a skirt hoping that would happen. Nobody does. Not even Kate.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2018, 08:47:35 PM »

Thinking

All this dishing on Kate is O/T - it belongs in the WK section. Do think twich about how this O/T back-and-forth reflect on the board Crap
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: