Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement of Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank  (Read 131517 times)
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2018, 03:17:43 PM »

The announcement says “The Duke and Duchess of York”

Shouldn’t it say “The Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York”?

It reads now as if they remarried or something...
AutumnOpal

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2018, 03:23:36 PM »

Congratulations to them  Champagne

Sarah posted her congratulations with this photo of Eugenie and Jack:

'I always say that the river flows well to it’s destiny because of the guidance of a solid rock #engagement #eugieandjack'

What an ego on Sarah!  She of course means herself as the “guidance”. Plus she’s functionally illiterate; the correct spelling is “its” not “it’s”.

Even her daughter’s engagement has to be about Sarah, Sarah, Sarah. Ugh.

I took this to mean that Jack is the rock, someone who will be there for Eugenie and help her achieve her goals and dreams.

Lovely engagement photos, best of luck to them!
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 03:25:53 PM »

Engagement pictures at BP

Close-up of the ring

Oh they look so happy  Champagne

I love the colour of the sapphire in Eugenie's ring.  

I guess Eugenie will wear Sarah's wedding tiara.

They genuinely do look happy! And I love the ring!   Absolutely love Padparadscha Sapphires!! I just wish it was white gold instead of yellow and would have chosen another cut with that stone but fair enough.

I can see no fakeness or attitudes here or expectations of grandeur, just two people in love. But Fergie, do stop posting online...
I hope she wears Fergie's wedding tiara. It's very pretty and hasn't been seen in ages.

Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2018, 03:27:42 PM »

Congratulations to the happy couple!  They will certainly have "toothy" children.  Wink  

The announcement reads like they've remarried, it's odd they'd send out something worded incorrectly.  But then again, it's always about Fergie being the center of attention.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2018, 03:30:56 PM »

I am absolutely thrilled for Eugenie and she also looks beautiful in the engagement photos.  I hope the two of them will have a lifetime of happiness together. 
tyffi

Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2018, 03:33:06 PM »

These engagement photos are brilliant. They are so in love, it's really adorable. 
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2018, 03:36:26 PM »

Congrats to Eug and Jack - they truly look happy. That genuine emotion is nice to see... finally.

But I noticed the "Duke and Duchess of York" right off the bat - O RLY? Either someone's delusional or the PR end of Andrew's house is completely incompetent. I won't lay odds.

The Queen wasn't kidding when she referred to additions to the family. Wow. (which means that this has been in the works for awhile).

But we get a front and center view of Sarah the Trainwreck, who has made her daughter's engagement about herself... holy crap, it should be epic.

Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2018, 03:42:40 PM »

I just realized we are going to get Philip having to put up with Fergie for this wedding.  I. cannot. wait.
CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2018, 03:43:18 PM »

Congratulations Eugenie & Jack! I love the ring. Padparadscha sapphires are wonderful gems. I wonder if she'll wear Sarah's tiara or something else from the Windsor vaults?
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2018, 03:47:46 PM »

Suspect we will see Sarah's tiara - not likely to be seen any other times.
Probably discover that Andy and Fergie have nipped off somewhere and remarried, waiting to see if anyone notices the names on the announcement
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2018, 03:50:04 PM »

Suspect we will see Sarah's tiara - not likely to be seen any other times.
Probably discover that Andy and Fergie have nipped off somewhere and remarried, waiting to see if anyone notices the names on the announcement

Well, it's not like they ever left each other.  For all intents and purposes, they have remarried.  They just can't make it official yet.  A few months after Philip is gone and it'll be legal again.
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2018, 03:51:05 PM »

Eugenie recycled this dress from 2016.   Supercontent

https://www.mirror.co.uk/...ght-royal-stunner-8606828
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2018, 03:57:11 PM »

Congratulations!!! They make a lovely couple and look genuinely happy together. Can’t wait for another wedding I think Eugenie has better style than Bea so I bet her dress will be pretty. Not a fan of the ring at all. It’s pretty for a regular ring I don’t like colored stones for engagement rings. Plus it’s a bit too similar to her mom’s engagement ring.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 04:02:19 PM by Snow Queen » Logged
Alice

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2018, 04:00:29 PM »

The ring is beautiful! It seems perfectly her style.

As for the title, an earldom does seem unlikely, unless perhaps it's offered in exchange for giving up her princess title. Kind of risky, because the queen would almost certainly want to confer the title on Eugenie's husband rather than giving it to Eugenie herself and letting her husband use it (as they do in Spain). Maybe a compromise of keeping, but not using her title, in exchange for her husband getting to be an earl? That way she has a fallback if she ends up divorced, and doesn't end up "Eugenie, Countess of Wherever".
RoyalMusings

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2018, 04:06:40 PM »

Congratulations Eugenia & Jack!

They look great and her ring is gorgeous.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: