Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Engagement of Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank  (Read 129504 times)
shastadaisy

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: October 12, 2018, 06:03:54 AM »

Re: Camilla not attending. I bought the “commitment to a previously scheduled visit; didn’t want to disappoint the children” until the school (so close to Balmoral each kid gets a gift from the Queen at Christmas) itself said they see the royals all the time, nobody would have been surprised if she’d rescheduled. The school is tiny, only 15 kids.

My guesses: a minor but required medical procedure that needs to heal before the next state visit/foreign tour; something previously scheduled with her family she’d rather attend (she’d visit the school, then discretely slip away).
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: October 12, 2018, 06:12:10 AM »

Maybe because a lot of these events are scheduled months in advance and to reschedule them can be problematic for everybody involved? Who knows.

The music for the service is A+.
I love the music too, but must admit I was surprised to see “Ave Maria” and “Panis Angelicus” at a British royal wedding. They seem a bit too RC for them.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: October 12, 2018, 06:18:54 AM »

Yes, a bit odd for a BRF wedding though I have heard them in Anglican weddings before. Better than other wedding choices, I guess. I love Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise, it is one of my favorite hymns so I think it's nice to hear that one.

I wish them all the best and hope they have a happy, long, blessed marriage.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: October 12, 2018, 06:27:29 AM »

Maybe because a lot of these events are scheduled months in advance and to reschedule them can be problematic for everybody involved? Who knows.

The music for the service is A+.
I love the music too, but must admit I was surprised to see “Ave Maria” and “Panis Angelicus” at a British royal wedding. They seem a bit too RC for them.

We are RC but played some Anglican hymns at my parents funerals as I liked them
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: October 12, 2018, 06:38:23 AM »

Wonder why Camilla is REALLY not going to the wedding?  The engagements in Scotland could have been moved.  Does she and Andy not get on?  She and the Fergster?

Wondering that, too.  The engagements she has could easily have been postponed.  Even the school she's visiting has expressed surprise she'll be there, rather than going to the wedding.  It's kind of ironic that a woman who was once so keen to be accepted by them, is now opting out of a family wedding.

It’s now come out that in the afternoon she’s hosting a shooting party at her home.  Good for Camilla, staying away from this shit show I say.  I’m not convinced Phil will be there either.  Andy really is an arse and not popular with his family or the public and Fergie will always be remember for all her dreadful behaviours.
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: October 12, 2018, 06:41:56 AM »

https://www.dailymail.co....cer-patients-wedding.html

Representatives from charities close to Eugenie and Jack are to be invited.

There's a bit of me thinks she should be treated equally to her cousins, after all she can't help who her parents are and why they are disliked.  But I also think that everyone should have a taste of that equality and there's no place for monarchy.  *makes scales gesture*  If it were financed by the family, they could do whatever they liked, and it's what should have happened.

Yes, it’s the money that’s the issue for sure.  You can have the grandest wedding in the world, but you pay for it!  There’s an interview somewhere with Dan Wootton and he points out, quite rightly, that Andy and Fergie brought noth8ng but shame and embarrassment on the rf and that Eugenie isn’t a working royal so why is all this fuss being made?
lisadug

Warned
Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: October 12, 2018, 06:46:10 AM »

Oh no.

I know that heavier eyebrows are starting to be a trend, but this is NOT the time to experiment with such a thing.

I’ve always found Eug to be quite manly looking and not very feminine, never ever understood why she has such a childish hairstyle.  The interview with Eamon and ARuth is both cringeworthy and embarrassing, what on Earth was the point of it? The harder they’re trying the more desperate they are looking, bring on the bridesmaids, they’re going to be the most interesting and fun part for sure.
NAOTMAA

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: October 12, 2018, 06:51:32 AM »

More details in the DM:

https://www.dailymail.co....e-reveals-love-sight.html

The bride appears to have done something weird with her eyebrows. I hope for her sake it’s heavy handed makeup and not something more permanent.

she the spitting image of her dad. If you wanted to know what a young Andrew in drag looks like this is it 
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: October 12, 2018, 07:12:19 AM »

I think Eugenie is really quite pretty but the eyebrows are bad. I liked the interview; clearly they are crazy about each other.

AFAIK aren't the royals paying for it sans security?

I think having a smaller wedding would be a better idea, maybe at the chapel near Royal Lodge? That's a beautiful church. But small.

Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: October 12, 2018, 08:28:33 AM »

Anyone know if you can watch a livestream online? And if so; where? I just checked all my available channels in Belgium and no luck Sad.
Ellie

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: October 12, 2018, 09:03:30 AM »

The Royal Family's YT channel is streaming, I think!

whiplashhx

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: October 12, 2018, 09:06:40 AM »

Ways you can watch:

The Royal Family YT channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoNyELmURN8

The DoY's FB and supposedly he will have it streaming on his twitter too:

https://www.facebook.com/hrhthedukeofyork

https://twitter.com/TheDukeOfYork

Dresstoimpress

Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: October 12, 2018, 09:16:40 AM »

Brilliant; thank you!
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: October 12, 2018, 09:16:57 AM »

Re: Camilla not attending. I bought the “commitment to a previously scheduled visit; didn’t want to disappoint the children” until the school (so close to Balmoral each kid gets a gift from the Queen at Christmas) itself said they see the royals all the time, nobody would have been surprised if she’d rescheduled. The school is tiny, only 15 kids.

My guesses: a minor but required medical procedure that needs to heal before the next state visit/foreign tour; something previously scheduled with her family she’d rather attend (she’d visit the school, then discretely slip away).

Have a suspicion that with Camilla away that will let Phil off the hook and then Charles can accompany the Queen
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: October 12, 2018, 09:20:12 AM »

I have to go out for a couple of hours, so I'll miss the early part.  I could set the TV up to record it, but I can't be bothered.  It'll probably be available on Randy Andy's youtube station for weeks, anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: