Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Family Relations  (Read 2096 times)
Paulina

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 02:38:20 AM »

I'm going from memory here, and I think you can see it if you read PeDe's posts carefully, but a major through line for many monarchies is Denmark. I think at one time the Queen of Denmark had a child on nearly every throne in Europe.
anastasia beaverhausen

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 03:23:39 AM »

you are most welcome, ladies  Curtsey

I think the old guard is the last bastion of being really related....the newer generation are mostly commoners married in. And in time the close relations will move further and further away, unless the little ones now decide to marry a royal again.

Rather interesting, no?!?

Yes it is interesting PeDe.  Thank you so much!  Star
Athena

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 08:15:49 AM »

Fascinating - thank you very much, PeDe  Star
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2018, 10:50:45 AM »

I'm going from memory here, and I think you can see it if you read PeDe's posts carefully, but a major through line for many monarchies is Denmark. I think at one time the Queen of Denmark had a child on nearly every throne in Europe.

To my knowledge Christian IX of Denmark and Victoria of GB got the resp. nicknames: father in law of Europe and grandmother of Europe. Based on how their descendants mingled into European royalty and nobility
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2018, 08:54:25 PM »

Wow, fantastic work PeDe, we should have an archive ref. section in which we put such info for a quick research and refresher.
BTW, there is a fantastic YouTube program on the descendants of this Grandfather of Europe. Very interesting...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
lellobeetle

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2018, 10:51:15 PM »

Awesome work, PeDe  Beer

Suzerain

Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 10:49:25 AM »

To my knowledge Christian IX of Denmark and Victoria of GB got the resp. nicknames: father in law of Europe and grandmother of Europe. Based on how their descendants mingled into European royalty and nobility

Yes, that's true. And even before them there was Philippe I, Duke of Orléans. He was "a very feminine man" and actually openly gay but there he is, referred to as “the grandfather of Europe” because his descendants are to be found in so many surviving royal families.

http://ahistoryblog.com/2...-1701-dont-ask-dont-tell/

https://en.wikipedia.org/...e_I,_Duke_of_Orl%C3%A9ans

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: