Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How will Mary cope with teenage children?  (Read 12648 times)
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 02:23:03 PM »

"But Mummy, Daddy has a tatt. And you once owned a company called "Exciting Alternatives". Why can't we have tatts and do party stuff if you both did?"

Star

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 03:14:48 PM »

I think when the kids become teenagers is where Mary and Fred will really diverge - the kids seem to already think of him as the "fun" parent.  Mary has never appeared like the fun one because she's too busy showing off her fancy clothes/jewels/botox to appear carefree.  This guarantees she will have a hard time with the girls at least. Despite the fact that she seems mannish, I don't think she's a man's girl. She's all-for-Mary.
The Grifter

Warned
Baby Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 08:12:31 PM »

Not very well. LOL
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2019, 12:58:19 AM »

well....

anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2019, 03:24:27 AM »

well....

Laughing   Star
TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2019, 11:24:39 AM »

I see Mor having a total breakdown when she realises that she's middle aged while Isabella is on the cusp of being the new glamorous young royal, especially as Isabella seems to be aging into quite a beautiful young woman. I can see her getting even more plastic surgery and wearing "sexy" clothes to complete with her daughter all "I've still got it, bitches!" and it looking totally ridiculous.

X will be fine because he gave Mor her status as the mother of the future Danish King and is therefore one of her favourites, but I see her being a very cold and competitive mother in law to any lady X (or Vincent) brings home because, once again, she'll be middle aged or getting on in years while the are young and glamorous.

Josie could go either way. She could continue to dote on her because she appears to be the favourite child along with X and they'll have that kind of relationship where they are more like best friends than mother and daughter and Mor will will be that "I'm not like a regular mum, I'm a COOL MUM" going out with her and they'll always be photographed shopping and in matching coats, or Mor will start to get bitter as Josie becomes an adult right when Mummy dearest is entering her 60s and getting "old".

Disclaimer: there is absolutely nothing wrong with middle aged or older and looking your age.....I just don't think Mor will see it that way.

Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2019, 11:27:55 AM »

Isabella is a feisty girl and I can see her standing up. But she is not a girly glam girl, though ... Christian is on a good road, I think. And the two small ones are years away from teenagers. As they are not getting that much attention - in the worst case they can be send to a boarding school in GB or so.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2019, 05:24:48 PM »

Isabella is a feisty girl and I can see her standing up. But she is not a girly glam girl, though ... Christian is on a good road, I think. And the two small ones are years away from teenagers. As they are not getting that much attention - in the worst case they can be send to a boarding school in GB or so.

I donít know, she was wearing Prada for the Christmas mass...
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2019, 06:07:18 PM »

You have a point there, but she is not overstyled, overly using make up or posing (like seen in our royal houses with kids that age). Therefore I have a lot of hope for her.
Ghost

Small Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2019, 07:08:53 PM »

You have a point there, but she is not overstyled, overly using make up or posing (like seen in our royal houses with kids that age). Therefore I have a lot of hope for her.

Oh, yes, I totally agree. I was saying it to annoy dear Mummy. Isabella has always had more style and ďallureĒ than her mother, even as a toddler with old holed shoes.
TheMorWearsPrada

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2019, 07:24:15 PM »

Even if Isabella is not the super girly glam type, there will be many formal events in her future that necessitate being dolled up.

And her personality is still developing. I was a Tomboyish kid because I grew up with brothers and only male cousins on the side of the family i always saw, but became a lot more "girly" in my late teens. Isabella could develop interests in different things as she gets older.

But even if she doesn't, Mor dearest won't take it well when her least favourite child starts to outshine her.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: