Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlene 2018- News & Events  (Read 47538 times)
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 08:51:45 AM »

Star Loubna. I just saw the magazine on the stands this morning and CharChar's intention to compile recipes (some of which have been passed down through generations) from readers' submissions made me really cross and disappointed (I like CharChar). Thumb down There are so many excellent books on the subject. If anything, the local authors need the profiles of their books raised and not another book published by someone who clearly does not require the revenue from the book sales to perpetuate the notion that these books do not already exist. She is a)extremely bored, b) selfish or c) not much of a reader or a googler (euphemistically ignorant).
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 09:19:07 AM »

Star Loubna. I just saw the magazine on the stands this morning and CharChar's intention to compile recipes (some of which have been passed down through generations) from readers' submissions made me really cross and disappointed (I like CharChar). Thumb down There are so many excellent books on the subject. If anything, the local authors need the profiles of their books raised and not another book published by someone who clearly does not require the revenue from the book sales to perpetuate the notion that these books do not already exist. She is a)extremely bored, b) selfish or c) not much of a reader or a googler (euphemistically ignorant).

you are welcome Chandrasekhi  Smiley
personally, i think that she loves SA and she just would like to share the culture of this country better, imo, there is nothing bad with this, there will be just one more SA cookbook, that's all  
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2018, 09:27:13 AM »

I havenít really read a lot about this but could it be that the money the book will make would go to some charity?

loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 09:39:53 AM »

I havenít really read a lot about this but could it be that the money the book will make would go to some charity?

i didn't read anything about this, but i don't think she will keep for herself the money of the sale
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 10:04:41 AM »

I haven’t really read a lot about this but could it be that the money the book will make would go to some charity?

i didn't read anything about this, but i don't think she will keep for herself the money of the sale
Oh heavens, no! I didn't occur to me that she might. As Harley suggested, I suspect it is for her charitable foundation. Here is my take on it: it is a lost opportunity. Charity is what royals, Serene or not, tend to do. However, if the opportunity presents itself to support Dignity of Labour in order to boost an economy instead of another charitable handout, would not the former be more sustainable? What CharChar is suggesting has been done (the books are on Amazon  for those who have been fortunate enough to be published).It needs reach which she can better provide. Rather than reinventing the wheel just because she can, it would be amazing if she could increase the exposure of the excellence that already exists. CharChar, the literary patron of local cuisine.   Crazy ***chasing my proverbial tail ** *
mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 11:02:40 AM »

If you read all the interview, Charlene is  saying that the money of the sale of the book will go to the charity association, the salvation Army which is a big international  association for the persons in need, this association is very active in France and in Monaco. It is not for her foundation  the princess Charlene of Monaco Monaco.
This book is a good idea to raise money  for persons who are poor in the world.

She wants to make  know the south africa cooking and the history which comes with it,  I don(t see bad thing and in France we don(t know the SA cooking , she says that the custums are different , in France, we wake up and drink coffee with croissants, in other countries as in SA, we will eat breakfast and so...

Charlene does not like the charity gala, it is bling bling for her but she is searching how to raise money to help the persons in need
She made the charity Mile in Cagnes sur Mer to help the associations , this year, 18 associations of Monaco and of south of France received money after this horses race, she did   with her foundation last year the riviera water bike challenfe to raise money for a fiest aid center in Burkina Faso, theis year, there will be an another water bike challenge for an another organisation

I think we must wait to see what will be the  book before to critic it. bette to do something to help the people than to do nothing, .
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 11:15:23 AM »

If you read all the interview, Charlene is  saying that the money of the sale of the book will go to the charity association, the salvation Army which is a big international  association for the persons in need, this association is very active in France and in Monaco. It is not for her foundation  the princess Charlene of Monaco Monaco.
This book is a good idea to raise money  for persons who are poor in the world.

She wants to make  know the south africa cooking and the history which comes with it,  I don(t see bad thing and in France we don(t know the SA cooking , she says that the custums are different , in France, we wake up and drink coffee with croissants, in other countries as in SA, we will eat breakfast and so...

Charlene does not like the charity gala, it is bling bling for her but she is searching how to raise money to help the persons in need
She made the charity Mile in Cagnes sur Mer to help the associations , this year, 18 associations of Monaco and of south of France received money after this horses race, she did   with her foundation last year the riviera water bike challenfe to raise money for a fiest aid center in Burkina Faso, theis year, there will be an another water bike challenge for an another organisation

I think we must wait to see what will be the  book before to critic it. bette to do something to help the people than to do nothing, .

thanks mylady, I skipped this line in the interview, actually it is written that the profits will go to the Salvation Army  Thumb up
Chandrasekhi

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 02:16:36 PM »

If you read all the interview, Charlene is  saying that the money of the sale of the book will go to the charity association, the salvation Army which is a big international  association for the persons in need, this association is very active in France and in Monaco. It is not for her foundation  the princess Charlene of Monaco Monaco.
This book is a good idea to raise money  for persons who are poor in the world.

She wants to make  know the south africa cooking and the history which comes with it,  I don(t see bad thing and in France we don(t know the SA cooking , she says that the custums are different , in France, we wake up and drink coffee with croissants, in other countries as in SA, we will eat breakfast and so...

She made the charity Mile in Cagnes sur Mer to help the associations , this year, 18 associations of Monaco and of south of France received money after this horses race, she did   with her foundation last year the riviera water bike challenfe to raise money for a fiest aid center in Burkina Faso, theis year, there will be an another water bike challenge for an another organisation

I think we must wait to see what will be the  book before to critic it. bette to do something to help the people than to do nothing, .

thanks mylady, I skipped this line in the interview, actually it is written that the profits will go to the Salvation Army  Thumb up
Star mylady, Loubna. Oh no! I too scanned the article and didn't pick up the Salvation Army. This is a great discussion and my intention is not to have the last word. Parts of the article really bothered me and touched on the following themes that are currently prevalent in social discourse in South Africa:
1. Cultural appropriation/misappropriation
2. Job creation vs increase in social grants
3. The contribution of informal sector to the economy - if you like: the melktert and koeksister economy which keeps many families who cannot secure formal employment and single mums off street corners  and off the South African equivalent of the dole.
4. The needs of the many vs the rights of a few
 I don't think I can do justice to these themes in this post but  you are right: CharChar's heart is in the right place but the price of the project is one she will not have to pay because her intellectual property, identity and means of earning an income will not be appropriated.
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 04:24:21 PM »

If you read all the interview, Charlene is  saying that the money of the sale of the book will go to the charity association, the salvation Army which is a big international  association for the persons in need, this association is very active in France and in Monaco. It is not for her foundation  the princess Charlene of Monaco Monaco.
This book is a good idea to raise money  for persons who are poor in the world.

She wants to make  know the south africa cooking and the history which comes with it,  I don(t see bad thing and in France we don(t know the SA cooking , she says that the custums are different , in France, we wake up and drink coffee with croissants, in other countries as in SA, we will eat breakfast and so...

She made the charity Mile in Cagnes sur Mer to help the associations , this year, 18 associations of Monaco and of south of France received money after this horses race, she did   with her foundation last year the riviera water bike challenfe to raise money for a fiest aid center in Burkina Faso, theis year, there will be an another water bike challenge for an another organisation

I think we must wait to see what will be the  book before to critic it. bette to do something to help the people than to do nothing, .

thanks mylady, I skipped this line in the interview, actually it is written that the profits will go to the Salvation Army  Thumb up
Star mylady, Loubna. Oh no! I too scanned the article and didn't pick up the Salvation Army. This is a great discussion and my intention is not to have the last word. Parts of the article really bothered me and touched on the following themes that are currently prevalent in social discourse in South Africa:
1. Cultural appropriation/misappropriation
2. Job creation vs increase in social grants
3. The contribution of informal sector to the economy - if you like: the melktert and koeksister economy which keeps many families who cannot secure formal employment and single mums off street corners  and off the South African equivalent of the dole.
4. The needs of the many vs the rights of a few
 I don't think I can do justice to these themes in this post but  you are right: CharChar's heart is in the right place but the price of the project is one she will not have to pay because her intellectual property, identity and means of earning an income will not be appropriated.

on the contray, i'm very interested to read the opinion of a south african citizen about charlene's charity work, thanks for sharing your point of view Chandrasekhi, and please continue Thumb up
mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2018, 07:14:11 PM »

Charlene does not steal the  spith africa recipes, she is still south africa and she shas the right to so a  cooking book like other south africa people. She knows the  problems of this country and she is doing a lot for this country.to a publisher

in all the cooking books there are always  copying recipes even in the books done by big chiefs of cooking.people who will give her thir recipes will be happy and proud to reaf their recipe in the book

Charlene could have given the making of her book to a publisher in Monaco, it would have been more easier for her, she the book will make us know the recipes of SA and that there will be a lot of e gives this work to a south africa publisher and the people of South Africa will have  job

Yes, this book is a  good idea to make know the recipes of SA and I hope that there will be a lot od raised money which will go to the salvation army and will help this association  in its work for the people in need

But on this forum we can be agreed to desagree all opinions are good
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2018, 02:54:58 PM »

It would be nice to see Charlene carry out an engagement in Monaco now and again.The older her kids are getting the LESS she is actually doing. Her schedule in Monaco so far this year head has been compromised of  St Devote events, those sports awards and going to the cathedral for Albert's birthday and that's been IT! Really a shocking tally when we are nearly into April.
mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2018, 05:29:26 PM »

You forget the  official visit  to the Burkina Faso  she did with Albert  on  the beginning of January  march 10 to march 13th 2018
 SsShe was in South Africa for her doundation last month

In Monaco, there is nothing to do , no launching of nurseries, no visit  to the old people homes, she did it  in december

Apart Sainte Devote  celebrations and some gala like the Laurus gala. and the birthday of Albert,  where she was present to all these events.

Next saturday, she will attend the international tournament of rugby 'Sainte Devote , it was her idea to do this tournoi with the monegash federation of Rugby , she is president of this association, there are more and more foreighn teams who come to play play rugby

There is also a show of handicaped children playing rugby during this tournament of Rugby

This event is supported by the princess Charlene foundation

Charlene is attending to this event  and since 2016, she is coming with one of the twin
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2018, 01:32:46 PM »

I didn't forget about Burkina Faso or the trip to S. Africa. I'm talking about her doing things in Monaco and in other places outwith Africa. Albert seems to find a lot to do in Monaco and if she accompanied him to these engagements at least that would be something.
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2018, 03:42:43 PM »

imo she just doesnt want to see albert : "not even painted" as we say in italy!😜
kelwag

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2018, 03:43:11 PM »

Albert is the ruler of Monaco so he always has a lot to do. Charlene, not so much. If she wants to spend more time with J & G than that's a good thing in my opinion. Considering how Albert & his sisters turned out, it's no wonder that Char wants to be around to give them a structured environment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: