Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlene 2018- News & Events  (Read 43751 times)
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: December 05, 2018, 09:10:04 AM »

I just saw the video
charlene was very pretty and confident, she has a correct pronunciation in french and her accent is lovely  Smiley
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: December 05, 2018, 09:56:59 AM »

Oh dear. And this is not even the first video of her speaking French. What will the haters do now?  Laughing

Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: December 05, 2018, 10:32:32 AM »

I just saw the video
charlene was very pretty and confident, she has a correct pronunciation in french and her accent is lovely  Smiley

Nice to hear!
I personally suck at French...only know a couple of words and have a bad pronunciation and grammar. I have had it at secondary school for about 2 years, but dropped the subject.
loubna

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: December 05, 2018, 11:18:28 AM »

lovely isn't it
on the first captation, charlene asks gabriella to encourage the team and gabriella screams "allez les impies!!!"  

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:24:32 AM by loubna » Logged
anastasia beaverhausen

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: December 05, 2018, 03:48:30 PM »

She seems lovely and accomplished. I donít understand how she and Albert ended up together.
Lady Hermione

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: December 05, 2018, 07:08:59 PM »

Oh dear. And this is not even the first video of her speaking French. What will the haters do now?  Laughing

Well,  i dont really think that one phrase is proof that she speaks much French.

But good for her for actually using some French in public. And her pronunciation is much improved on the last time she tried speaking French in public. Maybe she's finally had that "click" moment that you get when learning another language. Maybe she found it easier to pick it up as the twins have been learning to talk.

Just to add - not a "hater", just not a huge fan. I don't find her especially impressive but I don't have the energy to hate people I don't know.

DoloresYellowstone

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2018, 05:32:00 AM »

Yeah, uh, after 7+ years I'd say it's about time she was able to speak 10 seconds of French. Perhaps she's been learning along with the twins?

I may not care much for Charlene, but I certainly do not hate her. IMO, she just hasn't done anything remarkable enough to warrant the adulation that some attribute to her. She wears couture clothes, makes minimal appearances representing her adopted country, and hasn't seemed to care enough in almost a decade of being Albert's girlfriend/wife to manage even a conversational level of said country's language.

She does seem to be a great mother to Gabriella and Jacques, and I will absolutely credit her for that. Her kids are adorable, well-behaved, and clearly they enjoy a close relationship with her. Gabby favors her father, looks-wise, and Jacques is his mother's mini-me. Pre-plastic, that is.  Wink
Mjo

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2018, 03:53:00 PM »

Yeah, uh, after 7+ years I'd say it's about time she was able to speak 10 seconds of French. Perhaps she's been learning along with the twins?

Interesting that you should say that, because I still struggle to learn Spanish and some of the most valuable tools for me are children's books and tapes in Spanish.   As for the gorgeous twins, Jacques appears to be a mamma's boy and Gabby is classically beautiful already.  I love seeing the family have fun together.
Marieke

Warned
Micro Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2018, 06:26:32 PM »

I may not care much for Charlene, but I certainly do not hate her. IMO, she just hasn't done anything remarkable enough to warrant the adulation that some attribute to her. She wears couture clothes, makes minimal appearances representing her adopted country, and hasn't seemed to care enough in almost a decade of being Albert's girlfriend/wife to manage even a conversational level of said country's language.

She does seem to be a great mother to Gabriella and Jacques, and I will absolutely credit her for that. Her kids are adorable, well-behaved, and clearly they enjoy a close relationship with her. Gabby favors her father, looks-wise, and Jacques is his mother's mini-me. Pre-plastic, that is.  Wink

Sad isn't ... They should apply immigration rules on royals too.
mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2018, 07:49:15 PM »

Charlene is speaking  french here in this video, she is supporting the impies, Monaco  rugby team, it is  only a match of rugby,  it was not a speech made for  a diplomatic meeting or an official opening of an event,  she answered to the Monaco info, monaco channel who asked what was the goal of her presence in Dubai  , a big speech was not useful
Also I don't understand why she is criticed, she would have spoken only in english, I would have understand  the bad comments but, she spoke  in french , she did not  do faults and her prononciation was very good

As Harley said  , it was not new, she  already have spoken in french when she visited handicaped persons on the track of the grand Prix or  at the  ceremony of the 10th reign of Albert, When she visited the maternity at the mother day and when she visited the old persons at a home for old  personsduring this last summer , she spoke in french to them, It is Monaco Matin the news of Monaco who said it
I know,  it is too slowly but  I think she has difficulty to speak french,  for some persons, it is easy for other persons it is difficult for them
I will say her to  go on to speak french even it is  very short sentences or if she is doing faults sometimes, learning a languge is very difficult even if we are living in the country of this language
mylady

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2018, 07:51:47 PM »

But I am  Ok, to much botox or she is not enough present to events in Monaco
Lady Hermione

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: December 07, 2018, 12:09:21 AM »

But I am  Ok, to much botox or she is not enough present to events in Monaco

Yes, I agree - she needs to stop with all the "interventions" on her face - she's got great bone structure, just leave it alone.

And you're right, it would be nice to see a greater presence in Monaco. Looking forward to seeing the Christmas appearances with the twins and Albert.
Victoria38

Warned
Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2018, 11:01:15 AM »

The Monaco Christmas market opens today, I hope Charlene and Albert go again and take the twins with them.
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2018, 05:58:27 PM »

depending on the royal there are definitely different standards for each one on the board. some are held to much higher standards than others.  some can get away with spending lots of money on clothes & the cost is never mentioned (though i know charlene's are paid for by albert's own money so that's different), while others have a whole section on how much money they spend on their attire and how awful it is, and how it's a waste of money whether they look good in it or not.  others barely go to events in their own country or to other royals' events, and are never criticized, with excuses being made for them while others are lambasted for the same thing. 

i said years ago that since mary (and I'm not crazy about her)  was always mocked for her danish skills or lack of, that charlene should've also been taken to task for her french, but she never was, or there was always an excuse.  some women are hailed as great mothers because they will stay home w/ their kids rather than attend an event w/ their husband, while others are ostracized for doing the same thing!

charlene hung onto albert for what, 5 yrs.? (& he had at least 3 children out of wedlock) so she could become a princess while kate was always ridiculed because she hung on for 10 yrs.  charlene also didn't look happy at her wedding, but some who looked happy and in love at their weddings weren't happy or in love in the opinion of some posters.

however, it seems all of the royals are hailed as the second coming (w/ the media even though the media can trash them as well) and how great they are, yada, yada, yada, which is also a bunch of bull.  All said is IMHO!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: