Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meghan - official calendar events  (Read 44061 times)
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 03:59:54 AM »

In that life though the Royal has the option of become more involved in some of these causes/charities to a greater extent than merely making smalltalk. You can be as interested in it as you want to be, go through the motions or...

There is the opportunity there always to meet great and inspiring people who've accomplished a lot in life, and I'm not talking just about those in public life. Look how enthused Harry is after talking to wounded and maimed vets for instance.
Anne said once talking about her schedule that there were no dull engagements, just that some were a little less interesting than others.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 04:07:21 AM »

In that life though the Royal has the option of become more involved in some of these causes/charities to a greater extent than merely making smalltalk. You can be as interested in it as you want to be, go through the motions or...

There is the opportunity there always to meet great and inspiring people who've accomplished a lot in life, and I'm not talking just about those in public life. Look how enthused Harry is after talking to wounded and maimed vets for instance.
Anne said once talking about her schedule that there were no dull engagements, just that some were a little less interesting than others.

Sorry, but if the taxpayers fund your very decadent existence and your only duty is to show up at these events and meet with people and learn about their issues/centers/factories/whatever, it better be the absolute most interesting thing in the world you've ever heard of.  Always.

Anne seems far less irritating to me than most of the members of her family, so I'm rather disappointed that she would make such a stupid comment.

wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 06:16:36 AM »

That is, however, their job: turn up, shake hands, make small talk with people and wear, hopefully, appropriate clothing.

I wonder how long it will take for Meghan to realise that this is all it is - and this is it for the rest of her life.

Some can do that e.g. Sophie and Birgitte while others struggle e.g. Sarah.

Which will Meghan be???

Had she have worn the jacket and left it on she would have been appropriately dressed - but at official Commonwealth event the top of that dress is too casual. And she needs a few neater hairstyles . . . . perhaps she needs to get some pointers from Sophie who is almost always well presented for her events

Actually, it took Sophie a fairly long time to find her groove fashion wise and even now can have misses. IMO all new royal woman struggle with this initially, but I think Meghan will find her way.
Princess MS

Warned
Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 06:54:57 AM »

Sorry, but if the taxpayers fund your very decadent existence and your only duty is to show up at these events and meet with people and learn about their issues/centers/factories/whatever, it better be the absolute most interesting thing in the world you've ever heard of.  Always.

Anne seems far less irritating to me than most of the members of her family, so I'm rather disappointed that she would make such a stupid comment.

LOL - I know Royals have their specific charities, but if "a member of the royal family" is slated to turn up to something that is not aligned to a specific royal - then I imagine that organisation probably hopes that they get one of the "more interesting royals" - ie one that can make an interesting and appropriate speech, one who has done their homework and is well briefed, one that can ask interesting and relevant questions, one who is appropriately dressed for the occasion. IMO that selection criteria would leave many of them off the list. These organisations go to a huge effort to prepare for a "royal visit" and it must be very deflating to have to deal with a "C Grade" effort from the royal visitor.
Ellie

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 07:03:14 AM »

As long as they know what they're doing, can engage with people, and do the job, welp, that's all you can ask. It's not like visiting a cheese factory would be interesting! Anne's always prepared unlike others.
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2018, 07:24:49 AM »

That is, however, their job: turn up, shake hands, make small talk with people and wear, hopefully, appropriate clothing.

I wonder how long it will take for Meghan to realise that this is all it is - and this is it for the rest of her life.

Which will Meghan be???

Had she have worn the jacket and left it on she would have been appropriately dressed - but at official Commonwealth event the top of that dress is too casual. And she needs a few neater hairstyles . . . . perhaps she needs to get some pointers from Sophie who is almost always well presented for her events

Actually, it took Sophie a fairly long time to find her groove fashion wise and even now can have misses. IMO all new royal woman struggle with this initially, but I think Meghan will find her way.

Yes, wisdom, what you say is very true and I think she will.
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2018, 08:04:12 AM »

I think some seem very eager to promote her.
I think most of us are looking to see  what kind of a job she does and hope she sincerely promoits Harry and the BRF and not just herself
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2018, 08:04:24 AM »

Which will Meghan be???

True. Sophie's wardrobe was a horror back in the day. She was also criticised a fair bit for her demeanour etc and accused of trying too hard.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2018, 08:07:10 AM »

I think some seem very eager to promote her.
I think most of us are looking to see  what kind of a job she does and hope she sincerely promoits Harry and the BRF and not just herself

So far all of her official events have been for the BRF. I'm not quite sure how she is promoting herself?  Thinking

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Margaret

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2018, 09:56:57 AM »

As long as they know what they're doing, can engage with people, and do the job, welp, that's all you can ask. It's not like visiting a cheese factory would be interesting! Anne's always prepared unlike others.

Perhaps you don't like cheese as much as I do. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2018, 11:17:03 PM »

- - UPDATE - -

SEPTEMBER 2017

September 25
- attended Wheelchair Tennis match on day 3 of the Invictus Games Toronto 2017 at Nathan Philips Square in Toronto, Canada (w/Harry)

OCTOBER 2017

October 1
- attended Invictus Games held in Toronto, Canada

DECEMBER 2017

December 1
- visited the Nottingham Contemporary Exhibition Centre (w/Harry)

December 20
- attended Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's traditional Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace (w/BRF).

JANUARY 2018

January 9
- visited Reprezent 107.3FM Radio in Brixton

January 18
- visited Cardiff Castle, in south Wales (w/Harry)

FEBRUARY 2018

February 1
- attended 2018 Endeavour Fund award ceremony held at Goldsmiths’ Hall in London (w/Harry)

February 13
- one day visit to Edinburgh, Scotland for a one day visit (w/Harry)

February 28
- attended the first annual Royal Foundation Forum held at Aviva in London (w/W&K, Harry)

MARCH 2018

March 8
- official visit to Birmingham (w/Harry)

March 13
- attended Service for Commonwealth Day, London (w/BRF)

March 13
-  visited youth-led peace-building initiative Amazing the Space at the Eikon Exhibition Centre, Lisburn, Northern Ireland (w/Harry)

APRIL 2018

April 6
- attended United Kingdom team trials for Invictus Games 2018 which will be held between the dates of October 20-27 in Sydney (w/Harry)

April 18
- attending a reception with delegates from the Commonwealth Youth Forum at the QEII (w/Harry)

April 19
- attending the CHOGM Women's Empowerment reception at the Royal Aeronautical Society (w/Harry)

April 21
- attending reception hosted by The Hon Malcolm Turnbull, Prime Minister of Australia, and Ms. Lucy Turnbull, celebrating the forthcoming Invictus Games Sydney 2018 (w/Harry)
- attending a special concert on celebrating Queen EII 92nd birthday.

April 23
- attending 25th anniversary of the murder of Stephen Lawrence and to celebrate his life and legacy, St Martin-in-the-Fields, London (w/Harry)

April 25
- attending services commemorating Anzac Day in London. "Prince Harry and Ms. Markle will attend the Dawn Service at Wellington Arch, and Service of Commemoration at Westminster Abbey." (w/Harry)  (Prince Harry will also attend the Wreath Laying Ceremony and Parade at the Cenotaph.)

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2018, 01:37:44 AM »

- - UPDATE - -

SEPTEMBER 2017

September 25
- attended Wheelchair Tennis match on day 3 of the Invictus Games Toronto 2017 at Nathan Philips Square in Toronto, Canada (w/Harry)

OCTOBER 2017

October 1
- attended Invictus Games held in Toronto, Canada

DECEMBER 2017

December 1
- visited the Nottingham Contemporary Exhibition Centre (w/Harry)

December 20
- attended Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip's traditional Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace (w/BRF).

JANUARY 2018

January 9
- visited Reprezent 107.3FM Radio in Brixton

January 18
- visited Cardiff Castle, in south Wales (w/Harry)

FEBRUARY 2018

February 1
- attended 2018 Endeavour Fund award ceremony held at Goldsmiths’ Hall in London (w/Harry)

February 13
- one day visit to Edinburgh, Scotland for a one day visit (w/Harry)

February 28
- attended the first annual Royal Foundation Forum held at Aviva in London (w/W&K, Harry)

MARCH 2018

March 8
- official visit to Birmingham (w/Harry)

March 13
- attended Service for Commonwealth Day, London (w/BRF)

March 13
-  visited youth-led peace-building initiative Amazing the Space at the Eikon Exhibition Centre, Lisburn, Northern Ireland (w/Harry)

APRIL 2018

April 6
- attended United Kingdom team trials for Invictus Games 2018 which will be held between the dates of October 20-27 in Sydney (w/Harry)

April 18
- attending a reception with delegates from the Commonwealth Youth Forum at the QEII (w/Harry)

April 19
- attending the CHOGM Women's Empowerment reception at the Royal Aeronautical Society (w/Harry)

April 21
- attending reception hosted by The Hon Malcolm Turnbull, Prime Minister of Australia, and Ms. Lucy Turnbull, celebrating the forthcoming Invictus Games Sydney 2018 (w/Harry)
- attending a special concert on celebrating Queen EII 92nd birthday.

April 23
- attending 25th anniversary of the murder of Stephen Lawrence and to celebrate his life and legacy, St Martin-in-the-Fields, London (w/Harry)

April 25
- attending services commemorating Anzac Day in London. "Prince Harry and Ms. Markle will attend the Dawn Service at Wellington Arch, and Service of Commemoration at Westminster Abbey." (w/Harry)  (Prince Harry will also attend the Wreath Laying Ceremony and Parade at the Cenotaph.)

MAY 2018

May 19
- wedding of Maghan Markle & Prince Harry

May 22
- attending a Garden party at Buckingham Palace, London

Ursiana
Banned
Warned
Micro Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2018, 02:20:35 PM »

What about honeymoon , will they go on later?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2018, 06:57:54 PM »

Yes, they published that the Honeymoon will be delayed.

Duchess of Verona

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2018, 10:14:51 PM »

They are going after Charles' 70th birthday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: