Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine has given birth to a girl!  (Read 30798 times)
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2018, 03:22:20 PM »

Perhaps she'll have Victoria somewhere in her name since the Te Deum coincides with Victoria name day

I know not everyone thinks that with the lack of defense against the unwarranted bad press on Madde, that Victoria deserves to have a niece named after her but I could easily see Madde being the bigger person and using it anyway as a show of loyalty to the future Queen.
Unless it's against tradition to name someone after a living person in Sweden?

I would love it if Madeleine chose Victoria as part of the new baby's name. A nod of appreciation to the fact that Victoria played such a large role in Madeleine's childhood by trying to play that mother role when Silvia was gone so much.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2018, 03:35:46 PM »

Congratulations to the happy family. Another girl within the Swedish Royal Family: girls 3 - boys 4
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2018, 03:39:06 PM »

Perhaps she'll have Victoria somewhere in her name since the Te Deum coincides with Victoria name day

I know not everyone thinks that with the lack of defense against the unwarranted bad press on Madde, that Victoria deserves to have a niece named after her but I could easily see Madde being the bigger person and using it anyway as a show of loyalty to the future Queen.
Unless it's against tradition to name someone after a living person in Sweden?

No it's not against tradition at all.
In fact, in my family the "family name" is Kristina. Almost every female of every generation is baptized Kristina. Smiley

Lovely name ! It would also be a great one for this little girl.

Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2018, 03:56:39 PM »

Kristina is lovely and one of my favourite names but itís Snakiaís middle name so I hope they donít use it.

Ktc

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2018, 03:57:57 PM »

Wonderful news! Another princess, how exciting!
The Spy Who Loved You

Baby Member

Canada Canada

"Keeping the British end up, sir."

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2018, 04:01:44 PM »

It appears I have chosen an auspicious moment to join this fine forum. My congratulations to the lovely Princess Madeleine.  Champagne Beer Halo 

ďHere's to alcohol, the rose colored glasses of life.Ē 
ó F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Beautiful and Damned
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2018, 04:07:34 PM »

I hope she's a spirited little "runner" like Leo Jumping---Made and Chris will be exhausted!
CindyM

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »

Congratulations on the new princess! Can't wait to hear what they name her.
wisdomheaven

Humongous Member

Probably don't know what timezone I am in.

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2018, 04:21:25 PM »

Thumb up what lovely news!
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2018, 04:23:52 PM »

Short video of interview with Chris outside the hospital: https://www.expressen.se/...eill-valdigt-lik-nicolas/
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2018, 04:29:01 PM »

He seems like such a nice man Smiley

Skirt Queen

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2018, 04:36:10 PM »

Short video of interview with Chris outside the hospital: https://www.expressen.se/...eill-valdigt-lik-nicolas/

He seems so genuine and not phony at all. I like how his responses seemed sincere and not scripted!
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2018, 04:37:15 PM »

Wonderful news! Hope Madde and baby girl are both doing well. Iím sure she is a little beauty.
Arturo94

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2018, 04:44:21 PM »

Congratulations from the family
http://www.kungahuset.se/...a76de4161fad9ce99f2f.html

CG and Silvia
"We are very pleased that Princess Madeleine and Mr. Christopher O'Neill have gotten their third child, and thankful for the fact that everything has gone well for both mother and child. Now we look forward to getting to know the new family member!"

Vic and Daniel:
"We are so happy for the whole family and wish the new family member a warm welcome."

CP and Sofia

"We are happy for Madeleine and Christopher, and  for Leonore and Nicolas who finally meet their long-awaited little sister. We look forward to meeting her!"

Chris' mother,  Eva-Maria O'Neill, and his sisters, Tatjana d'Abo and Countess Natasha von Abensperg und Traun with their families:
"We are delighted with the news about Madeleine and Christopher's little girl, Leonore and Nicolas' little sister. We send them our warmest congratulations and look forward to meeting them."

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2018, 04:46:41 PM »

He seems so genuine and not phony at all. I like how his responses seemed sincere and not scripted!

To me it seems they have agreed on Chris handling the press instead of the court press department and I think it's much better that way. No need for press conferences and headsets (like CP; he looked like a salesman) and announcing the sex of the baby at the last minute. I also like how he's being so very polite and gracious with the media. M & C seem to handle all very well; baby out right after midnight, first pics released today afternoon while the baby goes home with the family. No fuss, everyone is happy. Brilliant!  Thumb up

Great to hear Madde and the pretty little girl are doing well. And how awesome is it that the girls of the royal family almost seem like following a pattern ( I know it is random in reality) - Silvia having a girl, a boy and a girl and the same with Madde. I would be amazed if Vic had another child and it were a girl.

Edit: Stoppa Pressarna couldn't wait even one day before releasing another article on what terrible people Madde & Chris are for not even having the time to hold a press conference. Their source who is a "veteran royal reporter" (wonder if it's Karin Lennmor again...  Roll Eyes ) calls Chris lazy for not even appearing before press (which he did by the way). https://stoppapressarna.s...arkliga-besked-om-dottern
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 05:10:52 PM by Suzerain » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: