Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madeleine has given birth to a girl!  (Read 30704 times)
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2018, 12:39:13 PM »

Was the baby's weight announced? She looks like she a really good healthy weight, and long as well.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2018, 01:09:21 PM »

She was 50 cm and 3465 grams.  Smiley

For comparison:

Leonore - 50 cm and 3150 grams
Nicolas - 49 cm and 3080 grams
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2018, 01:34:18 PM »

Cute video of Chris.   I would have liked to give that woman who asked about a "push present" a bop in the nose.   What a hideous an inappropriate thing to ask!  Mind you, I think the whole notion of "push presents" is a bit tasteless.  If a man wants to give his wife a gift when she bears him a child that's fine, but I think it should be a very personal thing just between them, and their immediate family at most,  not something to discuss with the world. 

I find Chris' accent interesting.  To my ear he sounds like a man for whom English is not his first language, yet it definitely is.  He sounds almost a bit South African to me.  I wonder why that is?
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2018, 02:14:19 PM »

Cute video of Chris.   I would have liked to give that woman who asked about a "push present" a bop in the nose.   What a hideous an inappropriate thing to ask!  Mind you, I think the whole notion of "push presents" is a bit tasteless.  If a man wants to give his wife a gift when she bears him a child that's fine, but I think it should be a very personal thing just between them, and their immediate family at most,  not something to discuss with the world. 

I find Chris' accent interesting.  To my ear he sounds like a man for whom English is not his first language, yet it definitely is.  He sounds almost a bit South African to me.  I wonder why that is?

Probably due to his upbringing.  His biography is an interesting read.

http://www.kungahuset.se/...495e313c19c119aa58b5.html

Cliff Notes:
Born in London (father American born so probably dual US-UK from birth, his mother is from Germany?)
Pre-Prep and Prep School in London
Senior School in Switzerland
Undergrad in Boston
Grad School in NYC
Chandrasekhi

Gigantic Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

A Life of Service

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2018, 02:18:17 PM »

Short video of interview with Chris outside the hospital: https://www.expressen.se/...eill-valdigt-lik-nicolas/

He seems so genuine and not phony at all. I like how his responses seemed sincere and not scripted!

To me it seems they have agreed on Chris handling the press instead of the court press department and I think it's much better that way. No need for press conferences and headsets (like CP; he looked like a salesman) and announcing the sex of the baby at the last minute. I also like how he's being so very polite and gracious with the media. M & C seem to handle all very well; baby out right after midnight, first pics released today afternoon while the baby goes home with the family. No fuss, everyone is happy. Brilliant!  Thumb up

Great to hear Madde and the pretty little girl are doing well. And how awesome is it that the girls of the royal family almost seem like following a pattern ( I know it is random in reality) - Silvia having a girl, a boy and a girl and the same with Madde. I would be amazed if Vic had another child and it were a girl.

Edit: Stoppa Pressarna couldn't wait even one day before releasing another article on what terrible people Madde & Chris are for not even having the time to hold a press conference. Their source who is a "veteran royal reporter" (wonder if it's Karin Lennmor again...  Roll Eyes ) calls Chris lazy for not even appearing before press (which he did by the way). https://stoppapressarna.s...arkliga-besked-om-dottern
Star   Beautiful baby! She really does look like little Nicolas! Congratulations to the gorgeous, pragmatic, financially and intellectually independent o' Neill family.

"During WWII, then Princess Elizabeth begged her father to let her help the cause. He gave in, and allowed her to join the Women's Auxiliary Territorial Service where she trained as a mechanic and drove a military truck." - The Royal Trailblazers
AgustaBeata

Baby Member

Sweden Sweden

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2018, 02:35:09 PM »

I didnít get what they were talking about. I have never heard about Ēpush presentsĒ. I agree, itís tasteless. That the partner gives his/her girlfriend/wife a present is nice, but why does everybody else need to know about it? If itís something everybody expect that the partner gives, it kind of cheapens the meaning of the gift to me. Instead of being a romantic gesture, it becomes something you should do because otherwise youíre a bad partner.
Stupid question, itís none of our business, good thing he didnít answer it full out. He should just have ignorered it, but he seemed to be very polite today  Smiley
esther angeline

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2018, 06:26:06 PM »

IMO they only gave a press conference with Leonor because she was the spare at the time - and it certainly was not Chris' idea.  Halo. The whole family has such a weird dynamic. CP is getting way too much attention and way too many public appearances - especially for his "skills". He is treated like an asset but he quite the opposite.

IMO there is only one more royal family with a similar set-up: the Danes. There it makes sense because Frodo is not able to keep the show on the road. IMO it shows that they are not trusting Victoria to be Queen without the help of her "brilliant brother". That secures him a paid job as well - because they need loads of money and are unable to earn it.

Madde initially brought herself in a bad position and can't get out now. Of course there was no need to hold her hand while giving birth - but leaving the country (I never get why the Queen and Kind + the crown princess need to be absent at the same time to go skiing in a foreign country instead of promoting Sweden!) for a week is a bit "unusual". IMO they have no sense of "family" - There are three strong units: Vic + Dan, Snake + Sleezy, Madde + Chris - but they have no dynamics between themselves.
You summed up their dynamics so well.  Star  I think it was thoughtless of ESP the Queen and Victoria to not be around.  And to leave the country.  Ranting It would be different if she gave birth in London.  I think they should be there if for no other reason than she gets ready bad, harsh press.  Madeleine has tried so hard to be a supportive member of the SRF.  Nothing surprises me about CG, CP and disgusting Sofia but I am shocked at Silvia and Victoria.  They are as selfish and insular as the rest.  At least Silvia came back.  Victoria has slipped in my estimation. Cry
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2018, 06:48:58 PM »

Victoria has slipped in my estimation. Cry

She did the same with Leonor ... after Leonor was born, it took them ages to fly to New York, I wonder if Victoria and Madeleine are close. I wonder at times if she is close to anyone in the family ...
myloveforroyals

Large Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2018, 07:54:32 PM »

IMO they only gave a press conference with Leonor because she was the spare at the time - and it certainly was not Chris' idea.  Halo. The whole family has such a weird dynamic. CP is getting way too much attention and way too many public appearances - especially for his "skills". He is treated like an asset but he quite the opposite.

IMO there is only one more royal family with a similar set-up: the Danes. There it makes sense because Frodo is not able to keep the show on the road. IMO it shows that they are not trusting Victoria to be Queen without the help of her "brilliant brother". That secures him a paid job as well - because they need loads of money and are unable to earn it.

Madde initially brought herself in a bad position and can't get out now. Of course there was no need to hold her hand while giving birth - but leaving the country (I never get why the Queen and Kind + the crown princess need to be absent at the same time to go skiing in a foreign country instead of promoting Sweden!) for a week is a bit "unusual". IMO they have no sense of "family" - There are three strong units: Vic + Dan, Snake + Sleezy, Madde + Chris - but they have no dynamics between themselves.
You summed up their dynamics so well.  Star  I think it was thoughtless of ESP the Queen and Victoria to not be around.  And to leave the country.  Ranting It would be different if she gave birth in London.  I think they should be there if for no other reason than she gets ready bad, harsh press.  Madeleine has tried so hard to be a supportive member of the SRF.  Nothing surprises me about CG, CP and disgusting Sofia but I am shocked at Silvia and Victoria.  They are as selfish and insular as the rest.  At least Silvia came back.  Victoria has slipped in my estimation. Cry

Like I said earlier, Iím pretty sure Victoria was back in Sweden at the beginning of this week as she had events on the 6th and the 7th and when Svenskdam revealed they were in switzerland , they said they would be there for a week only ( as the article was posted on Feb 27, they were probably there from Feb 24/25 to March 3/4). So I believe she was in Sweden when Madde gave birth (and at least 4 days before that).
It seems to me (and thatís just my opinion) that Vic and Dan planned their holidays around their events and Maddeís due date , contrary to CG and Silvia.

ETA: CG and Silvia left on March 4 according to Expressen, so they werenít out of the country at the same time as Victoria and Daniel. I honestly donít see whatVictoria and Daniel did wrong here but Iím certainly blaming CG and Silvia for leaving for 2 weeks when Madde was about to give birth (unless the baby came early of course)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 08:01:13 PM by myloveforroyals » Logged
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2018, 09:02:25 PM »

I didnít get what they were talking about. I have never heard about Ēpush presentsĒ. I agree, itís tasteless. That the partner gives his/her girlfriend/wife a present is nice, but why does everybody else need to know about it? If itís something everybody expect that the partner gives, it kind of cheapens the meaning of the gift to me. Instead of being a romantic gesture, it becomes something you should do because otherwise youíre a bad partner.
Stupid question, itís none of our business, good thing he didnít answer it full out. He should just have ignorered it, but he seemed to be very polite today  Smiley

That was a rude question and not very common in U.S. , despite what they show on reality shows.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2018, 09:44:16 PM »

Madeleine's instagram:

Leonore and Nicolas welcoming their little sister home ❤️

Lizardcandy

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2018, 09:53:41 PM »

That was a rude question and not very common in U.S. , despite what they show on reality shows.

my takeaway is I'm owed two nice gifts  Tongue

never heard of "push present". sounds like a particularly repulsive euphemism for having a poo
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2018, 09:56:05 PM »

The only people I know who got one guilted their partner into it
AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2018, 10:06:46 PM »

Madeleine's instagram:

Leonore and Nicolas welcoming their little sister home ❤️

There's the photo I was waiting for, this made my day! What an exciting time for their little family, and I love the fact that they share photos with us so much. And they sure make beautiful babies!
Imperial Majesty

Small Member

Madeleine's reaction to the wedding

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2018, 10:10:18 PM »

I wonder why they did not release a photo of them leaving the hospital like they did with Leonore. Although they did not with Nicolas.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: